Advertisement

The Dark Knight Money Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Doc Jon
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 28777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:51 pm
Location: Jersey
Formerly: Doc Spider


The Dark Knight Money Thread

Postby Doc Jon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:26 pm

This is where you guess how much Dark Knight makes!

It will be interesting to see if morbid curiosity really makes this film huge.
Image


HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

Advertisement

Doc Jon
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 28777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:51 pm
Location: Jersey
Formerly: Doc Spider


Re: The Dark Knight Money Thread

Postby Doc Jon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:26 pm

My guess is:

265 million domestic.
Image


HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

ErickCruz
User avatar
Mad Hatter
 
Posts: 295
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:03 pm


Re: The Dark Knight Money Thread

Postby ErickCruz » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:34 pm

jsalwen wrote:My guess is:

265 million domestic.


im totally gonna "Price is Right" you

$266 ;D
I AM GOD! er... BATFAN
AKA the Punk

[url=http://erickcruz.deviantart.com/]My artwork[/url]
[url=http://erick-cruz.webs.com/]MY cheap @$$ website[/url]

Doc Jon
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 28777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:51 pm
Location: Jersey
Formerly: Doc Spider


Re: The Dark Knight Money Thread

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:12 am

Damnit!:D
Image


HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

investcomics
Birdman
 
Posts: 22
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: West Palm Beach


Re: The Dark Knight Money Thread

Postby investcomics » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:40 pm

292 Domestic. Heath's Joker will make this film the best Bats film of all.

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77144
Likes: 635 posts
Liked in: 1046 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: The Dark Knight Money Thread

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:20 pm

In a culture that is disgustingly obsessed with the exploitation and self-destruction of celebrities, I say this becomes the highest grossing comic book movie of all time, based solely on the Ledger factor. 425 Million Domestic. This is what people have been saving those stimulus checks for.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

investcomics
Birdman
 
Posts: 22
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: West Palm Beach


Re: The Dark Knight Money Thread

Postby investcomics » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:26 pm

JudeTerror wrote:In a culture that is disgustingly obsessed with the exploitation and self-destruction of celebrities, I say this becomes the highest grossing comic book movie of all time, based solely on the Ledger factor. 425 Million Domestic. This is what people have been saving those stimulus checks for.


Biggest comic of all time......? It looks as though Ledger is going to put on a performance that is simply brilliant. Jude you could be right.

Doc Jon
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 28777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:51 pm
Location: Jersey
Formerly: Doc Spider


Re: The Dark Knight Money Thread

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:29 pm

I don't see this breaking 400 million, but it's madness like that which I love. :-*
Image


HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77144
Likes: 635 posts
Liked in: 1046 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: The Dark Knight Money Thread

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:51 pm

investcomics wrote:
JudeTerror wrote:In a culture that is disgustingly obsessed with the exploitation and self-destruction of celebrities, I say this becomes the highest grossing comic book movie of all time, based solely on the Ledger factor. 425 Million Domestic. This is what people have been saving those stimulus checks for.


Biggest comic of all time......? It looks as though Ledger is going to put on a performance that is simply brilliant. Jude you could be right.


I'm pretty sure Spiderman currently holds that title with 417 million, right?
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77144
Likes: 635 posts
Liked in: 1046 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: The Dark Knight Money Thread

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:54 pm

jsalwen wrote:I don't see this breaking 400 million, but it's madness like that which I love. :-*


People are excited about this. If Iron man can break 300 million, this movie, with the same basic fanbase PLUS the added hype of the Ledger thing is bound to top it. It will be drawing viewers from a different demographic.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Doc Jon
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 28777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:51 pm
Location: Jersey
Formerly: Doc Spider


Re: The Dark Knight Money Thread

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:39 pm

JudeTerror wrote:
jsalwen wrote:I don't see this breaking 400 million, but it's madness like that which I love. :-*


People are excited about this. If Iron man can break 300 million, this movie, with the same basic fanbase PLUS the added hype of the Ledger thing is bound to top it. It will be drawing viewers from a different demographic.


But losing the young kid demographis. I really doubt that 7 year olds will want to watch this. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Image


HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

pedi
User avatar
Factor 8
 
Posts: 1273
Likes: 12 posts
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: HelLA


Re: The Dark Knight Money Thread

Postby pedi » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:26 am

Dark Knight's gonna be the SHIT! :)

Doc Jon
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 28777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:51 pm
Location: Jersey
Formerly: Doc Spider


Re: The Dark Knight Money Thread

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:04 am

JudeTerror wrote:
investcomics wrote:
JudeTerror wrote:In a culture that is disgustingly obsessed with the exploitation and self-destruction of celebrities, I say this becomes the highest grossing comic book movie of all time, based solely on the Ledger factor. 425 Million Domestic. This is what people have been saving those stimulus checks for.


Biggest comic of all time......? It looks as though Ledger is going to put on a performance that is simply brilliant. Jude you could be right.


I'm pretty sure Spiderman currently holds that title with 417 million, right?


I think SPiderman does indeed hold the record.
Image


HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

leave a comment with facebook


Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 52 guests

Advertisement