Friday, September 30, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Brought to you by the lowest bidder!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Dresden Files

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:23 pm

avengingtitan wrote:ME.

My desktop wallpaper since July 31st.

That was my desktop for a while until riley rossmo and alex grecian put up the cool proof anniversary pic for the fans. Now that's my desktop.

I really want to see the alpha pack back in action, we haven't seen the loup garou kids in at least 3 books.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:25 pm

Jack Burton wrote:You know what drives me nuts? The cover artist for all the recent books. What the fuck is with the hat? Harry doesn't wear a hat. He's never mentioned owning a hat. So why does he always draw the damn cowboy hat on him? It bugs the hell out of me. I liked Welcome to The Jungle because the first shot of Harry I thought yup that's what he looks like and guess what?

NO HAT!

you know I've never noticed that until you just pointed it out, now I'm bothered! :evil:

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:27 pm

Oh and I have a really really bad suspicion that the Wizard Council trader is Ebenezer...I hope i'm wrong though. Especially for Harry's sake.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:31 pm

doombug wrote:Oh and I have a really really bad suspicion that the Wizard Council trader is Ebenezer...I hope i'm wrong though. Especially for Harry's sake.

So, your opinion is the russian satellite was just him covering his tracks in case someone managed to ask the Reds how they got into Archangel?

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:37 pm

The traitor isn't Ebeneezer. Harry and his trust issues already happened and I think it would be doing the same story over again. I think it's Martha Liberty.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:47 pm

doombug wrote:Oh and I have a really really bad suspicion that the Wizard Council trader is Ebenezer...I hope i'm wrong though. Especially for Harry's sake.

Won't be Ebenezar. He's the BlackStaff, he doesn't HAVE follow the council's laws. So why work to bring down the council?

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:50 pm

Jack Burton wrote:The traitor isn't Ebeneezer. Harry and his trust issues already happened and I think it would be doing the same story over again. I think it's Martha Liberty.
]

I just hope it's not someone predictable or really high up. I want the reveal to be good. It might be revealed in Turn coat.

Apparently Jim has a full 25 books planned, the last 3 being his "lords of the rings" type trilogy. I rather they continue on forever.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:51 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Won't be Ebenezar. He's the BlackStaff, he doesn't HAVE follow the council's laws. So why work to bring down the council?

I recant my previous statement.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm

doombug wrote:I recant my previous statement.

I think it's probably Ancient Mai. Won't be Ebenezar. Can't be the Merlin: Too obvious. He's your stereotypical "Uber powerful boss who hates you" to be the bad guy. No, it's not the Merlin. Hence, Mai.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:09 pm

Lord Simian wrote:I think it's probably Ancient Mai. Won't be Ebenezar. Can't be the Merlin: Too obvious. He's your stereotypical "Uber powerful boss who hates you" to be the bad guy. No, it's not the Merlin. Hence, Mai.

Mai is waaaay too obvious though. That would be a pretty big duh moment. Did they say it was someone in the actual council? It could be one of the guard?

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:10 pm

Oh and I demand more butters! Polka will never die. :-D :-D :-D

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:17 pm

doombug wrote:Mai is waaaay too obvious though. That would be a pretty big duh moment. Did they say it was someone in the actual council? It could be one of the guard?

Yes, I'm fairly certain they've said it's a Council Member....

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:30 pm

doombug wrote:Mai is waaaay too obvious though. That would be a pretty big duh moment. Did they say it was someone in the actual council? It could be one of the guard?

Which is why I think it's Martha. She's Ebeneezer's friend she sort of Harry's ally everyone thinks she can be trusted but we've see very little done with her.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:35 pm

Jack Burton wrote:Which is why I think it's Martha. She's Ebeneezer's friend she sort of Harry's ally everyone thinks she can be trusted but we've see very little done with her.

I'm starting to side with you because if she's revealed then we will get a lot on her as a character. Which jim likes to do with his villains.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:37 pm

Jack Burton wrote:Which is why I think it's Martha. She's Ebeneezer's friend she sort of Harry's ally everyone thinks she can be trusted but we've see very little done with her.

It seems like everyone's attempting to base this decision on what would be most dramatic as opposed to what would be most logical.

Since that seems to be the prevailing watermark, it would have to be a character important enough for readers to give a shit, and Martha's just not that character. She's a minor character at best. Unless they beef her up by having her actions lead to the death of someone harry actually cares about. And unless that's handled in any other way than "completely masterful", it will be like telegraphing a punch.

leave a comment with facebook