Saturday, December 10, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Multiversity!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Dresden Files

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:40 pm

Whatever character it is has to be okay to basically sell there soul because they are technically not only working with the vampires but Harry's godmother as well.

kingbobb

Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:38 pm

This thread finally prompted me to pick this up. I'm about halfway through Storm Front. It's fun, well written, keeps my attention and makes me want to read more. A good read. Very similar to the Rachel Morgan series (Dead Witch Walking, etc.), or the early Anita Blake books.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:16 pm

kingbobb wrote:This thread finally prompted me to pick this up. I'm about halfway through Storm Front. It's fun, well written, keeps my attention and makes me want to read more. A good read. Very similar to the Rachel Morgan series (Dead Witch Walking, etc.), or the early Anita Blake books.

And dude, Storm Front is one of my LEAST favorites!

It gets so much better!!!

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:34 pm

Lord Simian wrote:And dude, Storm Front is one of my LEAST favorites!

It gets so much better!!!

He's right. It was the weakest. Every subsequent novel is better than the previous one.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:39 pm

Dragavon wrote:He's right. It was the weakest. Every subsequent novel is better than the previous one.

Listen to this dude Rufus! He KNOWS what he's talking about!!!

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:30 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Listen to this dude Rufus! He KNOWS what he's talking about!!!

it's the truth I tells ya!

kingbobb

Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:13 am

Dragavon wrote:He's right. It was the weakest. Every subsequent novel is better than the previous one.

I figured as much. Most series work that way. Get established, build an audience, then really get into the interesting stuff, the history, dark shadow, etc. Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series pulls the same trick, using mostly the same fantasy/horror elements Butcher is using. Of all the genre-crossing series around, I can see Dresden and Morgan interacting more than any other pair and not messing up their respective series' style and tone.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:38 am

Jim has posted the first chapter to book 11. Every tuesday he'll post the next chapter (first 5 only)

http://www.jim-butcher.com/books/dresden/11/

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:45 am

I just read the short story in The Mean Streets. It's really good and picks up a little after Small Favor. It deals with what happened to Michael.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:46 am

Jack Burton wrote:I just read the short story in The Mean Streets. It's really good and picks up a little after Small Favor. It deals with what happened to Michael.
Cant wait to pick it up.

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:42 am

avengingtitan wrote:Jim has posted the first chapter to book 11. Every tuesday he'll post the next chapter (first 5 only)

http://www.jim-butcher.com/books/dresden/11/

Arggh! I want more now! :smt091

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:46 am

Dragavon wrote:Arggh! I want more now! :smt091
Thats what I said.

I'm still waiting on issue 3 of storm front. this is getting into Millar lateness territory now. :smt013

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:49 am

avengingtitan wrote:Thats what I said.

I'm still waiting on issue 3 of storm front. this is getting into Millar lateness territory now. :smt013

Wait, storm front is out already? Damn my LCS, all the big two stuff shows up, but everything else is hit or miss.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:50 am

Dragavon wrote:Wait, storm front is out already? Damn my LCS, all the big two stuff shows up, but everything else is hit or miss.
Only the first two issues. The third is like 2 or 3 months late.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:08 am

Dragavon wrote:Arggh! I want more now! :smt091
Second Chapter is up.

Looks like this book we get to find out who the traitor is. :-D

God I cant wait till next tuesday.

leave a comment with facebook