Sunday, December 16, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "All nerds welcome. Bring your own toilet paper."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Everyday Thread! Open Everyday For You! So, What's New?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:28 pm

I am somewhat put-off with Adams' "ending" to Deadman. :smt011

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:10 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I am somewhat put-off with Adams' "ending" to Deadman. :smt011

Yeah same here, I'm never going to be happy getting to the end of a series I was told was going to be a six issue limited series only to be told on the last page that the story is going to be continued in a second limited series.

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:16 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
Yeah same here, I'm never going to be happy getting to the end of a series I was told was going to be a six issue limited series only to be told on the last page that the story is going to be continued in a second limited series.

I remember that his Batman Odyssey was split up into two limited series

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:

I thought that series was a hot mess.

Probably blasphemy to say this, but I think Adams best days are well behind him.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:10 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:

If it was a second Deadman limited series I wouldn't be as unhappy. Deadman ended with things not fully settled and on the final page are the words, "Stand by for book Two! Batman: Demigods War." So, the next series this story continues into is not even one featuring Deadman. Right now I feel like Dc is trying to trick me into buying a Batman book I probably wouldn't have even thought of buying. That doesn't make me happy.

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:59 pm

I really never get political, because they are all such fucking liars and cheats, but this really made me laugh/confused/pissed:

Before stepping into her role at the White House, working for her father, Ivanka Trump made a name for herself as the head of a company with clothing and handbag lines, and shoe collection. Now, in her role as a White House adviser, some people believe she has taken inspiration from longtime political powerhouse Hillary Clinton, in her latest outfit: a classic pantsuit.

Yeah, so any female in politics that wears a pantsuit owes it to Hillary? :smt102

Ummmmm, fashion, bitches!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/people-mocking-ivanka-trump-wearing-pantsuit-181812272.html

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:13 pm

RobThompson wrote:I thought that series was a hot mess.

Probably blasphemy to say this, but I think Adams best days are well behind him.

He's still good but usually nowhere near where he was in his heyday of the 60s and 70s. His art in Deadman #6 did improve to where it reminded me of his Silver Age stuff but the dialogue is soooo bizarre and off-the-wall that it nearly pulled me out of it. :lol:

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:18 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
He's still good but usually nowhere near where he was in his heyday of the 60s and 70s. His art in Deadman #6 did improve to where it reminded me of his Silver Age stuff but the dialogue is soooo bizarre and off-the-wall that it nearly pulled me out of it. :lol:

I just have not enjoyed anything he has put out in years.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:38 pm

Dammit, we're getting close to the end of another weekend. :(

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:40 pm

RobThompson wrote:I just have not enjoyed anything he has put out in years.

THAT'S what she said. :-(

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:46 pm

Stephen Day wrote:Dammit, we're getting close to the end of another weekend. :(

I know. It sucks. On the positive, I was able to take off the bandage on my cut thumb for several hours yesterday and today. I think that helped. A LOT. Also, for the last 2 weeks I swear I just could not relax. No matter what I did, there was always some tension that would not go away. After watching some Game of Thrones and knowing my thumb is healing has helped in the relaxation department.

On the negative side: My boss returns from her week-long vacation tomorrow. And she is always in a foul mood when she returns. :|

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:11 pm

TheLurker wrote:
I know. It sucks. On the positive, I was able to take off the bandage on my cut thumb for several hours yesterday and today. I think that helped. A LOT. Also, for the last 2 weeks I swear I just could not relax. No matter what I did, there was always some tension that would not go away. After watching some Game of Thrones and knowing my thumb is healing has helped in the relaxation department.

On the negative side: My boss returns from her week-long vacation tomorrow. And she is always in a foul mood when she returns. :|

Glad to hear about your thumb getting better, and sorry about your boss.

oogy

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby oogy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:08 am

I went to the movies with a friend Saturday night and we saw A Quiet Place. It was great! The movie is very quiet with lots of tension. When there is sound it's very jarring and nerve racking.

Last night we watched Justice League. It is not a good movie. At least it wasn't Man of Steel/Batman V. Superman bad.

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:21 am

the weekend's been over for ... a while now

Monday :-(

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:30 pm

So Penn State has decided being outdoors is too risky for members of an outdoors club.

https://apnews.com/79dc2da81c644ef9bb97b844d88be1a5

leave a comment with facebook