Sunday, October 21, 2018 • Morning Edition • "We deal with the loons so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Everyday Thread! Open Everyday For You! So, What's New?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:05 pm

"Being true to our conscience, being honest with ourselves, will determine the character of our relations with others. That is a concise definition of integrity." - Senator John McCain

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:07 pm

Today I told my grade 12s that if reading comprehension tests had faces, I would punch them in the balls.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:32 pm

Keb wrote:Today I told my grade 12s that if reading comprehension tests had faces, I would punch them in the balls.

Why on earth would you punch your students in the balls if reading comprehension tests had faces?

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:28 pm

"There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world, because you realize there's so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on." -- Zayn Malik - Singer

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Today our area entered the 21st Century with our first work-place shooting.

Yay. :|

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:06 pm

I was just watching the Madison shooting on the news here.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:14 pm

Today's new comics:

Starman ! And Cheetah hunts a very surprising prey.

Middleton variant. Mera's reign as Queen is already a pretty cool story in itself.

Zechsgasm!

Over-sized format so my comic shop had these issues already bagged and boarded for us. :smt023

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:44 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
Why on earth would you punch your students in the balls if reading comprehension tests had faces?

One of my students titled his essay "My sexual endeavor."

Need I say more?

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:49 pm

Keb wrote:One of my students titled his essay "My sexual endeavor."

Need I say more?

Actually yes, some context might be helpful. Why would a student pick that title?

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:49 pm

"If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours." -- Dolly Parton

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:36 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
Actually yes, some context might be helpful. Why would a student pick that title?

Because he's being silly.

In other news, I have a student skipping my class. Turns out she's got some issues. She came from another school so I looked up her IPP (you guys call them IEPs in the US). Turns out her previous IPP advisor at her old school is my ex-girlfriend.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:09 am

Keb wrote:Because he's being silly.

In other news, I have a student skipping my class. Turns out she's got some issues. She came from another school so I looked up her IPP (you guys call them IEPs in the US). Turns out her previous IPP advisor at her old school is my ex-girlfriend.

cool, mutual enemies then.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:36 am

Nah. I'm more worried that the student is struggling with her transition. The school my ex teaches at is like one of those new "how are you feeling today" schools with their "make learning fun and engaging by personalizing it" attitude. My school is all about academic rigor, so we really grind our students in preparation for their diploma exams in grade 12. So compound that with social and emotional needs and it's a pretty tough thing to take.

I'm hoping she shows up on Monday. If not, I'll get the AP and/or the guidance counselor involved.

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:53 am

This sounds like a job for ...

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:02 am

Keb wrote:Nah. I'm more worried that the student is struggling with her transition. The school my ex teaches at is like one of those new "how are you feeling today" schools with their "make learning fun and engaging by personalizing it" attitude. My school is all about academic rigor, so we really grind our students in preparation for their diploma exams in grade 12. So compound that with social and emotional needs and it's a pretty tough thing to take.

I'm hoping she shows up on Monday. If not, I'll get the AP and/or the guidance counselor involved.

Yeah, that doesn't sound alot of fun.

leave a comment with facebook