Friday, November 16, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Everyday Thread! Open Everyday For You! So, What's New?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:36 pm

On lunch after coming back to work after a three day weekend. The first day back after a long weekend is always kind of sucky.

It'll be nice when I get this workday over and done with.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:18 pm

Stephen Day wrote:On lunch after coming back to work after a three day weekend. The first day back after a long weekend is always kind of sucky.

Ditto

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
Ditto

Once that days is over with you can start enjoying the idea that you have a shortened work week. :)

NeverReady

cheese

Postby NeverReady » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:39 pm

Stephen Day wrote:On lunch after coming back to work after a three day weekend. The first day back after a long weekend is always kind of sucky.

I'm on the last day of a five-day weekend that's been singularly short of pleasant. Back to work on ten-hour days tomorrow and Thursday, off Friday, another ten hours Saturday, and a day off Sunday, then it's back to my regular four-day work week.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:40 pm

NeverReady wrote:
I'm on the last day of a five-day weekend that's been singularly short of pleasant. Back to work on ten-hour days tomorrow and Thursday, off Friday, another ten hours Saturday, and a day off Sunday, then it's back to my regular four-day work week.

Yeah I saw you post in The Real Chat Thread. Sorry things aren't going that well.

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Before I left today I made sure to say that I was glad the week was half over. I took Friday off. :drunk

NeverReady

cheese

Postby NeverReady » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:38 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
Yeah I saw you post in The Real Chat Thread. Sorry things aren't going that well.

It's much better now. Thanks.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:26 pm

I always liked any jobs that offered 10 hour days/4 day schedule as opposed to 8 hour days/5 day schedule.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:56 pm

"If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person." - Mister Rogers

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:53 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:"If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person." - Mister Rogers

Sorry, even I can't make fun of Mister Rogers.

Curse you, IvY!!! :smt013 .

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Flamebird wrote:

Sorry, even I can't make fun of Mister Rogers.

Curse you, IvY!!! :smt013 .

I was going to say something like, "Aaron Rodgers never said that". But the different spelling would make it more stupid that the regular stupid.

There are two Mr. Rogers movies coming out. I will likely see both. The one starring Tom Hanks is the one I am looking forward too, though.

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:07 pm

I have mentioned before that I work for a health insurance/private health plan. I also deal with short term disability. A guy sent in a disability application the other day. He was shot. :shock:

I looked him up on the state's circuit court website. He has been charged with a felony in relation to the shooting. We do not cover injuries incurred while committing felonies. :lol:

This badass has had several other legal issues over the years. The most interesting was that just a few months ago he was found guilty of "collecting turtles out of season". I shit you not. My reaction to his shooting: Those fucking turtles DO NOT want to be taken. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is also a joke somewhere about sword, staff, sai or nunchaku injuries . . . . .

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:59 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Is that considered legal in Canada? Unless, on the days that you work you are paid salary. Then they can try and state that your yours are spread out across the week. Also depends on how Canada views holidays. Is it the same as a Sunday or does it provide a higher pay rate.

Wage workers get double time or double time and a half depending on the establishment and provincial labour laws. Our waitress at the diner we met at was getting double time and a half.

We technically weren't working so it's all legal. Teaching isn't really an 8-hour a day job though. I get in 10 minutes before the bell (8:30) and I go until 3:45 at the earliest. We get 40 minutes for lunch but we do supervisions and deal with students on our lunch. Then I put in anywhere from 1-3 hours of marking at home. During basketball season, add another 2-3 hours to that if we have a practice or game. It's a lot of work but the pay is really good (at least compared to what I would make in the US).

Yesterday was brutal. Today was a little better.

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:11 am

London this Weekend to meet Aaron Ashmore :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

Question is... do I spend money I don't have for his Fan Meet which will allow me to sit there for about half an hour staring at him!?!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :smt017

(I always get too shy to speak at Fan Meets) :oops:

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:19 pm

How much do they charge for the half hour Fan Meet? If it's a lot is that worth it to you to sit there that close to him without speaking? Write down questions ahead of time and have those with you in case you freeze up.

leave a comment with facebook