Advertisement

'The Evil Within' Announced by Bethesda

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 282 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:35 am

Looks like we were on the money for the next game being teased from Bethesda. Check out the Trailer and screenshots.

Source: Bethesda Blog

Project Zwei, the codename for the horror survival game from Shinji Mikami and Tango Gameworks is being published by Bethesda with the official name: The Evil Within.

The Evil Within is a survival horror game being developed at Tango Gameworks and the story, as described in the press release is this:

When Detective Sebastian and his partner rush to the scene of a gruesome mass murder, a mysterious, powerful force is lying in wait for them.  Witnessing the killing of fellow police officers one after another, Sebastian is then attacked and loses consciousness.  Waking up in a land where monsters are wandering about, Sebastian has to fight his way through a world of death and its close friend madness in order to understand what's going on.  Sebastian has to face his fears in order to survive on a journey to discover what lies in the shadows of that mysterious force.

Not a bad concept if they can deliver.

They promise a return to pure survival horror where you have to survive on limited resources and play smart, saying the game will push your anxiety and nerves to the edge.

While struggling to survive, you'll have to face indescribable terror, cruel traps, and sly mechanisms.  Players can die in a trap all to easily, however, at times they can turn them against enemies.

The world will constantly change… distorting and warping according to mysteries and horrors.  Hallways, doors, rooms, walls, buildings, even nature, all transform in real time based on the players actions.  

More details are due monday, where IGN got exclusive time with an early demo and we might hear about some game impressions from them.

The game is due for release in 2014 and until then you can find them on various social sites under TheEvilWithin if you use twitter, facebook, Instagram etc.

For Fallout fans, this does not mean that Bethesda Softworks is not still working on Falllout 4.  They have several developer studios and this is coming from Tango Gameworks, ESO is coming from Zenimax, so Bethesda Game Studios, the team behind Skyrim and "moving on to new things" could still be working on it.  So don't lose hope.

Written or Contributed by xaraan

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: 'The Evil Within' Announced by Bethesda

Postby bkthomson » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:40 am

well that was gruesome.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:19 am

Updated with some in game screen shots, here's the album: http://imgur.com/a/k4RTn for bigger versions.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 319 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:29 am

Interesting. Reminds me a bit of F.E.A.R. 2. That game was easy but scared the shit out of me at times. I'm rarely scared by anything but easily creeped out.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum