Sunday, November 18, 2018 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not CBR!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Flash Season Five Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:56 am

Did my last comment not show up or something? :?

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:00 am

achilles wrote:So, when they kill off Barry, will we welcome our new Flash overlord Iris?

Lord, I hope not.

So probably.

I mean, they've already had her write 4 hour training programs for her brother, so it's probably coming.

Wish they would use her already existing (and withering away?) journalist skills instead of drafting new ones on to her character.

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:44 pm

Joe West.

Great cop.

Great person.

Very great Dad.

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:45 pm

Iris showing off her badass journalist skills this episode

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:48 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:Iris showing off her badass journalist skills this episode

Also: me, me, me, me, me . . .

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:10 am

Cicada is legit creepy and I'm glad they didn't hide his identity all season but man do I hope he's not an all season villian.

Cisco I've never wanted to punch you more than I have these two episodes, stop being a dick to your friends and actually do your damn job.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:25 am

Johnny Smith wrote:Iris showing off her badass journalist skills this episode

Byillegally using her husband's computer so he might get fired?

Or thefact that she's jealous of her own daughter for having Barry's attention

I like how Papa Joe is all chill....he got this

I love how XS gave her that look when Iris was celebrating finding the villain, she's like "no ones all impressed by you woman"

I know there's an episode about it later in the season but I honestly thought Crisco was going to bite the dust.

Nothing but love for Caitlyn & Ralph was great, glad he is still there but still no Wells even though he's in the credits

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:48 am

Bianco wrote:
Byillegally using her husband's computer so he might get fired?

Or thefact that she's jealous of her own daughter for having Barry's attention

I like how Papa Joe is all chill....he got this

I love how XS gave her that look when Iris was celebrating finding the villain, she's like "no ones all impressed by you woman"

I know there's an episode about it later in the season but I honestly thought Crisco was going to bite the dust.

Nothing but love for Caitlyn & Ralph was great, glad he is still there but still no Wells even though he's in the credits

Next episode. A Wells, anyway. And another fake out, killing Crisco. I mean, we ought to bring a class action suit to force them to kill Iris for real like they promised, and Crisco too...

Though maybe they only bring back an Elseworlds version of Crisco for an episode and really kill the main character off?!?

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:55 am

achilles wrote:
Next episode. A Wells, anyway. And another fake out, killing Crisco. I mean, we ought to bring a class action suit to force them to kill Iris for real like they promised, and Crisco too...

Though maybe they only bring back an Elseworlds version of Crisco for an episode and really kill the main character off?!?

It did wonders for Canary

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:01 pm

Bianco wrote:Or thefact that she's jealous of her own daughter for having Barry's attention

Seems more like she's jealous that BARRY is being given all of NORA's attention.

"She wants to do big for the sake of big." Now, what comic writers does THIS remind me of?
"She doesn't listen!" Now, what comic higher-ups does THIS remind me of?

Also:
-Never felt the tension about Camille losing her powers. They were played mostly for laughs since she got them, and wanting to be the perfect parent felt weak.
-Yes, keep Nora from going splat in the Jell-o block, but DON'T YOU DARE run back and try catching the villain after that. It may take her twenty times as long to start that van and drive off than it would for either of them to run up behind her at super-speed and conk her on the head, but...y'know...just rush back to STAR Labs like you ALWAYS do. Ugh.
-Cisco down in the dumps is not very fun.
-[From last week's episode] "My Dad's been dead for years." First sign he was alive.
-Nora being from a future with oodles of fancy tech does not excuse her being incompetent as a CSI. I feel like she'd have to learn about some of the stuff from before her time while going to school. And the whole "you don't have this fancy future tech here in the past" is a gag that runs *RIMSHOT* the risk of getting old...in a flash *DOUBLE RIMSHOT*
-Does...does Iris actually work for a news outlet anymore? Is she doing the "independent blogger journalism" thing? I honestly can't remember if she lost her job at the paper or not.

achilles wrote:Next episode. A Wells, anyway. And another fake out, killing Crisco.

What if they kill Cisco...and the new Wells is an exact double of him?

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:17 pm

Crossposting a bit..

And speaking of things crossing over...

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Image Stephen Amell posted on Twitter.

And then there's this...

Then again, there's Caity Lotz's Twitter posts. ;)

Heh.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:20 pm

HNutz wrote:Crossposting a bit..

And speaking of things crossing over...

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Image Stephen Amell posted on Twitter.

And then there's this...

Then again, there's Caity Lotz's Twitter posts. ;)

Heh.

Superman costume looks great so far

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:47 pm

Just so we are all on the same page here, Iris knows that Nora never had the opportunity to get to know her father...right? Like, that was part of the whole "Barry never comes back" thing at the beginning of the episode. So it's only logical that Nora would want to spend time with and get to know the parent that didn't raise her...right?

But no, you're right, why doesn't she want to spend time with you, Iris?!

Fuck! Are they even trying to make her likable anymore?!

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:11 pm

TheLurker wrote:Joe West.

Great cop.

Great person.

Very great Dad.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Joe West deserves his own show.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:21 pm

Grayson wrote:Just so we are all on the same page here, Iris knows that Nora never had the opportunity to get to know her father...right? Like, that was part of the whole "Barry never comes back" thing at the beginning of the episode. So it's only logical that Nora would want to spend time with and get to know the parent that didn't raise her...right?

But no, you're right, why doesn't she want to spend time with you, Iris?!

Fuck! Are they even trying to make her likable anymore?!

Were they ever?

leave a comment with facebook