Saturday, December 15, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Still Kardashian free!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Flash Season Four Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:25 pm

achilles wrote:
Yes, this. And why exactly, given that she has no skills and is wrong about everything, does anyone listen to a thing she tells them? I mean, you don't all of the sudden pick the most useless, annoying member of your team to be your leader...you pick someone you feel can do the job, and Iris has never given me or I would assume anyone who watches the show any indication she can do anything well. I could go with Legends picking Sarah to be captain because of her skills and personality, but the Flash people picking Iris? Damn, that's wrong. Also, they promised me a Wally-free zone, and I feel they're in breach of contract there....


I understand why Joe has to listen because he is a good supporting parent. Barry has to listen because she would withhold sex but the others have no excuse just to walk away or vibe her somewhere "mysteriously vanish"
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:12 pm

Glacier16 wrote:Whenever Iris shows up-
Image


achilles wrote:
Yes, this. And why exactly, given that she has no skills and is wrong about everything, does anyone listen to a thing she tells them? I mean, you don't all of the sudden pick the most useless, annoying member of your team to be your leader...you pick someone you feel can do the job, and Iris has never given me or I would assume anyone who watches the show any indication she can do anything well. I could go with Legends picking Sarah to be captain because of her skills and personality, but the Flash people picking Iris? Damn, that's wrong.


No one picked her.

While she was grieving for Barry, she threw herself into her "work" (well, not her REAL job) with Team Flash and taking charge.

(A "job" she only got because Barry was "related" to her/wanted to date her, but I digress)

That's when she started writing 4 hour training programs for her brother that she had neither the intelligence to create nor the authority to assign, etc.

And, when Barry came back to life, Iris just stayed in charge, for some reason.

She took Caitlin's advice without giving her credit and basically demanded Barry go to therapy with her. But it wasn't to help him readjust to life after "death". No, it was because Barry didn't do EXACTLY as she said when she said it.

Then she started taking credit for his accomplishments ("No, Barry, we are the Flash!"), doubting his instincts and not recognizing when she's wrong, letting herself become a hostage hoping it would help Barry, etc.

And don't get me started on Iris and her wedding crap...

Iris is just the worst.
User avatar

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:24 pm

Unless she's going to go full supervillain in a season or two, I really don't understand what they are trying to do with Iris' character. Honestly, having her be an independent reporter would be beneficial to the show. While Barry and the team take care of the threat-of-the-week, she could be using to her investigative reporting to flesh out the season-long arc. Like, she could be doing something useful but the CW writers for all their wokeness and #feminism stuff, really don't know how to make female characters useful to the plot. At all. It really is baffling.
User avatar

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:31 pm

Bianco wrote:
I understand why Joe has to listen because he is a good supporting parent. Barry has to listen because she would withhold sex but the others have no excuse just to walk away or vibe her somewhere "mysteriously vanish"


Oh, come on, if nothing else, 300 taught me that in ancient Sparta, as in Central City, you could just take a baby the oracle deemed would become an annoying adult who wants to marry her brother and has no discerable skills, and toss her off a cliff. As for Barry, I would recommend seppaku instead, I hear it's easier and less cruel.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:24 pm

StrongStyleFiction wrote:
Iris probably makes lousy mac & cheese too.


The only thing they have ever shown Iris make is a run to Big Belly Burger. :lol:
User avatar

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:29 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
The only thing they have ever shown Iris make is a run to Big Belly Burger. :lol:


Barry: "Iris, you burnt the grilled cheese sandwich."

Iris: "Jesus, Barry. I'm under a lot of stress being the Flash. Give me a break."

Barry: "I thought we were the Flash."

Iris: "I do all of the hard work, Barry. I'm the Flash."
User avatar

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:44 pm

Actually, I think a grilled cheese might be out of her league. Could she even do Ramen noodles? The world might never know. :smt011
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:38 pm

Eric Ratcliffe wrote:No one believing Barry, especially Iris with all the shit they've been through was pissing me off so much.


This. Seriously. By soooooooooooo much. All of the shit that they have been through and seen over the years, particularly when it comes to someone pretending to be someone that they're not, and this was where they decided to draw the line? :smt102
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:43 pm

StrongStyleFiction wrote:Iris probably makes lousy mac & cheese too.


Iris: Sorry Barry, I'm going to be late tonight. Would you like me to pick up Big Belly Burger on the way home?

Barry: No, that's ok. I made Mac & Cheese for dinner.

Iris: No Barry, we made Mac & Cheese.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:24 pm

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about this because I really have been enjoying this season but man, I am really digging this version of The Thinker. No, we may not know what his plan is or what his end goal may be but he already seems more dangerous than Savitar ever was.

* A council of Harrison Wells from across the multiverse led the team to Clifford DeVoe. DeVoe himself has a connection to one of the new metahumans and he has a painting that looks remarkably similar to the Samuroid. Nope. Couldn't possibly be the right guy. Maybe Team Flash should all start treating Barry like he's crazy or something. :roll: :smt011

* No, Iris, you and Barry are NOT "co-workers." :x :roll: :smt011

* Based on the character traits that this version of Barry was given, "Spidey Sense" may be a bit on the nose.

* I know that it was just a flashback scene but it was somewhat refreshing to see Thawne/Wells again.

* And Barry had the forethought to wear gloves when breaking into DeVoe's house but not a mask?!

* Does anybody else think that it's weird that Wally is already back? He's only been gone for what? 3 episodes? 4 episodes tops. What was the point of him leaving at all? :smt102

* That Starro tease though! :shock:

* I didn't really care for her at first but I'm really enjoying the dynamic between DeVoe and his wife. They are certainly going to be a formidable team throughout the season. I'm wondering if the end goal here is going to be attempting to place DeVoe's consciousness into Barry's body. Certainly DeVoe would have reasoned by now that Barry's abilities and connection to the Speed Force could make his body a perfect conduit for The Thinker's increased and perhaps nigh limitless mental abilities. Right?
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:30 pm

What was the point of Wally leaving at all? Because he's fucking useless? :P
And Kreisberg says having two speedsters on the same team presents challenges. :lol: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-flash/news/a841994/the-flash-wally-west-return/
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:09 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:What was the point of Wally leaving at all? Because he's fucking useless? :P
And Kreisberg says having two speedsters on the same team presents challenges. :lol: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-flash/news/a841994/the-flash-wally-west-return/


Yeah...that smells like a bunch of bullshit. The issue of having two speedsters on the same time shouldn't be an issue because your writers aren't creative enough to come up with something for both of them to do. Just have their powers develop differently. Have Barry be able to do things that Wally can't and vice versa. Maybe Barry is busy following the trail left behind by DeVoe while Wally is busy dealing with the villain of the week? Thinking that you have to knock one of your speedsters out to give the other speedster something to do is just lazy.
User avatar

Johnnie Torch

cheese

Postby Johnnie Torch » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:11 pm

They had to get Wally back for the wedding/crossover. My guess is he won't be sticking around for long.

I loved the Thinker origin. We don't really get good villain origin stories any more in these things, but I thought they did a nice job with the flash backs. Was particularly nice to see Thawne/Wells again. "I'm a BIG fan....of your work. Good Luck". :smt005

The only thing that brought it down was NO costume. The Flash doesn't even appear in his own show these days. I hate that the shows are doing that more & more. But it stuck out like a sore thumb here. If you're gonna B&E, why wouldn't you wear the costume?!? :smt011
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:19 pm

Grayson wrote:
Yeah...that smells like a bunch of bullshit. The issue of having two speedsters on the same time shouldn't be an issue because your writers aren't creative enough to come up with something for both of them to do. Just have their powers develop differently. Have Barry be able to do things that Wally can't and vice versa. Maybe Barry is busy following the trail left behind by DeVoe while Wally is busy dealing with the villain of the week? Thinking that you have to knock one of your speedsters out to give the other speedster something to do is just lazy.


Lazy? The STAR Labs team grows every season and most of them have powers and side-plots including Gypsy and her dad. Also in that mix is Joe, his fiancee and her stripper daughter. And the weekly shoe-horning of Everything-Is-About-Me Iris and her BS. I'd say writing out the redundant speedster who usually just stands around anyway is a step in the right direction for a team of overworked writers. :lol:
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:23 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Lazy? The STAR Labs team grows every season and most of them have powers and side-plots including Gypsy and her dad. Also in that mix is Joe, his fiancee and her stripper daughter. And the weekly shoe-horning of Everything-Is-About-Me Iris and her BS. I'd say writing out the redundant speedster who usually just stands around anyway is a step in the right direction for a team of overworked writers. :lol:


If you want to write him out, then write him out. I'm fine with that. While I've always preferred Wally West to Barry Allen in the comics, I can admit that even though I initially defended the Keiynan Lonsdale version of Wally, they really haven't done anything of merit with him since his introduction. However, to say that the only thing they can do with him is have him be knocked out for Barry to make the save or knock Barry out for Wally to make the save is the lazy writing that I was talking about. Pretending like you have to completely take one or the other off the board so that you can write a story for them, instead of sitting down and actually writing a story that includes both is lazy writing. At least in my opinion. :smt102

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bianco, HNutz, SporkBot and 30 guests