Tuesday, October 23, 2018 • Evening Edition • "The CBR of comic book journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Flash Season Four Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:27 am

Eric Ratcliffe wrote:Umm if this turns into a multi arc story I'm going to be annoyed. He just needs to tell Joe what happened and the rest of the team will sort this shit out.

This isn't how you do the trial of barry allen. :smt102

Also I told you guys they were mad at Felicity and Olliver. :lol:

Why not? It took like 50 issues (give or take) in the comics, might as well run it for a few eps on TV.

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:37 am

Felicity has done far worse things that hijack a wedding.

It really is nice to have a main villain who hits at a different angle on this show. I really don't think I could have taken another evil speedster.

Ralph Dibney seems to be a one step forward, two steps back type of character in terms of development. I hope they have a plan for him.

I'm really looking forward to see where they go with this trial arc. Can't wait for the show to come back.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:38 am

s4 ep8 "Don't Run"

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Devoe continues to be a really interesting villain and the body switch at the end came as a complete surprise as did framing Barry for murder. Kind of a shame to see the hover chair look go though.
Looking forward to the return of this show after the holiday break.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:50 am

StrongStyleFiction wrote:

Ralph Dibney seems to be a one step forward, two steps back type of character in terms of development. I hope they have a plan for him.

I disagree, I think it's felt like a pretty straightforward linear progression. His gestures at the end (decorating Joe's house, apologizing to Caitlyn, calling everybody his friends) all showed a lot of growth for him over the corse of this half season.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:56 am

So wait why exactly didn't he run? I missed something didn't I?

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:28 am

Bianco wrote:So wait why exactly didn't he run? I missed something didn't I?

It wasn't really a run kind of scenario.more of a well, fuck kind of scenario.

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:07 am

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
What the heck year did that story take place in? talk about some garish outfits

That looks like Abra-Kadabra; so it's probably set in the 64th century.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:06 am

Bianco wrote:So wait why exactly didn't he run? I missed something didn't I?

Because once again everything revolves around Iris.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:03 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Because once again everything revolves around Iris.

They'll never do it b/c fans bitched so much when the show went "darker" for much of S2 and S3, but I would give my left nut for them to have Thawne come in and kill her (even if it's just "kill" her for an extended period of time like they did in the comics) at a costume party next Halloween.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:14 am

Couldn't he just run over to an atm machine 60 miles away get his picture taken and go...its not me? Or just maybe run back to the party and get the guy?

Like i said, seems simple unless im missing something

I think this is going to lead to something stupid like the outing of him as Flash even though most everyone seems to know anyway

Mojo Ichiruto

Rain Partier

Postby Mojo Ichiruto » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:44 am

I think at this point the writers are trying the hardest to purposely write Iris as the biggest bitch in the Universe. Every time she is on the screen I just want something horrible and life ending to happen to her.

Johnnie Torch

cheese

Postby Johnnie Torch » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:37 pm

Like Iris has the right to complain. :lol: She stages an impromptu wedding in the park (without getting the proper permits, mind you) with Ollie & Felicity as Best Man/Maid of Honor and their friend and co-worker as the minister! It's not like you spent $5,000 on the wedding, lady. You got married in front of a few hobos. :smt005

Seriously though. I'm getting tired of the "One of our friends will preform the ceremony" thing. Diggle, Stein, Ray....The chances of someone in your circle being ordained to perform weddings is probably pretty slim.

But, anyway- yeah. They're losing me here. It wasn't bad enough that Barry had to lose his common sense in the thinker origin ep, but he-The Fastest Man Alive- decides NOT to remove the framed evidence from their apartment, but to stand there like a Cigar Store In-Er-"Native American" and get arrested. Because, you know Iris is gonna be more proud of Barry getting arrested for a crime he didn't commit than running away, right?

Since we're talking common sense, this is what?- the 2nd time Frost & Co have let Black go? She ain't Thawne, people. She's a low rent Magneto at best and they're treating her like Galactus. :smt005 Sackhoff has been fun though.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Johnnie Torch wrote:Like Iris has the right to complain. :lol: She stages an impromptu wedding in the park (without getting the proper permits, mind you) with Ollie & Felicity as Best Man/Maid of Honor and their friend and co-worker as the minister! It's not like you spent $5,000 on the wedding, lady. You got married in front of a few hobos. :smt005

Seriously though. I'm getting tired of the "One of our friends will preform the ceremony" thing. Diggle, Stein, Ray....The chances of someone in your circle being ordained to perform weddings is probably pretty slim.

But, anyway- yeah. They're losing me here. It wasn't bad enough that Barry had to lose his common sense in the thinker origin ep, but he-The Fastest Man Alive- decides NOT to remove the framed evidence from their apartment, but to stand their like a Cigar Store In-Er-"Native American" and get arrested. Because, you know Iris is gonna be more proud of Barry getting arrested for a crime he didn't commit than running away, right?

Since we're talking common sense, this is what?- the 2nd time Frost & Co have let Black go? She ain't Thawne, people. She's a low rent Magneto at best and they're treating her like Galactus. :smt005 Sackhoff has been fun though.

More like a second-rate Polaris but I get your point :) so wait you're telling me that the only reason why he just stood there like an idiot waiting to be arrested is because he looked at the picture of him and Iris? Best part of the show is when Wells called her out on her lousy leadership skills why is she in charge of anything again?

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:36 pm

The fourth season of The Flash produced another fun episode, which in my opinion, has firmly placed this series back on the top of the CW DCU with Legends of Tomorrow not too far behind.

* Festivus?! Of all the pop culture references that Crisco could use, Seinfeld is perhaps the most infuriatingly irritating.

* Wow...Iris is upset about a free gift that she received for a wedding that she didn't even technically have. Imagine that. What are the chances? :roll: :smt011

* "The words are still mine, even if the voice isn't." Yup, this story is taking a one way trip to body swap country. DeVoe is going to switch places with Barry. That's what all the Spider-Man references have been about lately! They're going the Superior Spider-Flash route, aren't they?! :shock:

* Oh look...Amunet is back...yay... :roll:

* The Thinker's chair is looking rather tentacly...isn't it? Almost like the tentacles of a certain Octopus themed character from a rival company. Wasn't his body dying at one point as well? Superior Spider-Flash it is. :wink:

* Oh. My. God! Amunet is turrible! TURRIBLE!

* Alright, something is clearly going on here. DeVoe was in his secret liar, which is presumably in his basement, when Joe rang the doorbell. How did he have enough time to leave his lair, get out of his crazy Doctor Octopus-themed chair, put the top of his skull back on, change into his normal clothes, and get back into his wheelchair before Joe left?!

* Crisco telling somebody, literally ANYBODY else to shut up is rich. :lol:

* Whoa, Harry, dial it back a notch. You're my favorite Wells by a long shot but come on! Iris is NOT the team leader! :smt011

* Harry, if you have to tell her what to do, she is NOT the team leader!

* Well that seemed easy. A bit...too...easy. :?

* Ralph needs to meet somebody by the name of Sue when this show returns from midseason break.

* "Take that to your house!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

* Oh!

* OH! :shock: He didn't Superior Spider-Flash Barry! He Superior Spider-Brainstormed Dominic! :shock:

* But how?! When did he find the time?

* Seriously, they shouldn't have had time to do any of this during the time frame that they were working with. :?

* And why didn't Barry use his powers to clean up the crime scene before the CCPD broke down the door? It may not have been the optimal solution but it would have been better than the alternative, right? :smt102

Ooooooooh! I can not wait until the midseason premiere! :smt026

I HATE midseason breaks! :smt013

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Amunet kicks ass. Why do you hate women? :P

leave a comment with facebook