Wednesday, December 12, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Sometimes true. Always authentic."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Flash Season Four Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:40 pm

Most home security systems use a single code to disarm. If so that isnt User specific. However NuDevoe called Barry on his cell so that call and the towers it used are trackable.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 pm

HNutz wrote:Yeah, I figure there's enough reputable witnesses who can put Barry there, at Christmas Eve with his "dad", to give him a fairly solid alibi.

Unless that fancy ass security system at the loft shows Barry logging in when he did... then again, unless that was altered, it would show Barry wasn't in the house at the time of death, right?

That's another good point. Something triggered Barry's security at the apartment and the alert was sent to his phone while he was at Joe's house. There is a record that someone was in Barry's apartment before he got there. Unfortunately, this is where Barry's abilities are going to be more of a hindrance than helpful because there is going to be a time stamp for all of this. He is going to have a hard time explaining how he got to his apartment from Joe's so quickly. Nevertheless, the evidence is currently casting reasonable enough doubt that he couldn't have possibly committed this murder.

Oh, speaking of moving the body... Fuck, what if new DeVoe used his wormhole thing, killed old DeVoe there, in Barry's house, and then just bounced?

Eek.

It looked like DeVoe's body died in the chair once he transferred his mind into Dominic's body. So even if DeVoe used his wormhole thing and stabbed his old body in Barry's apartment, the cause of death wouldn't line up.

pastajoe

Rain Partier

Postby pastajoe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:10 pm

I didn't notice DeVoe's wheelchair in the apartment. How would he have got there to be killed? Plus he can't drive by himself. Does Barry even have a car?

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:14 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:Amunet kicks ass. Why do you hate women? :P

No Starbuck/Sackhoff kicks ass but this mary poppins scenery chewing shit? not so much. :lol:

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:52 pm

HNutz wrote:
Or even, like Grayson said, take a second to grab the knife (conveniently with Barry's fingerprints on it) and establish an alibi somewhere else (either at the party, with another cop, a CCPD consultant, an ex-cop, etc or anywhere else not over a dead body).

Then again, in the heat of the moment and everything, well, it's easier to play Monday morning quarterback.

I think it was planned way better than that. He only had a second, and I'm certain they would notice the flash running out the door.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:03 pm

Eric Ratcliffe wrote:No Starbuck/Sackhoff kicks ass but this mary poppins scenery chewing shit? not so much. :lol:

The horrid Cockney accent is what I love about her. She's so over the top, she is this shows version of Frank Gorshin's Riddler. :D

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
The horrid Cockney accent is what I love about her. She's so over the top, she is this shows version of Frank Gorshin's Riddler. :D

God yes, I love her cause I hate her. She's such a fantastic actress, it's actually difficult for me to associate her with starbuck her character is so different. God she is vile. :lol: Like a demonic mary poppins. I certainly like her more than the comic book character.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:02 am

pastajoe wrote:I didn't notice DeVoe's wheelchair in the apartment. How would he have got there to be killed? Plus he can't drive by himself.

Good point! He couldn't have just strolled into Barry's apartment, so how did he get there?

Does Barry even have a car?

However this could work against Barry. :(

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:10 am

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:I think it was planned way better than that. He only had a second, and I'm certain they would notice the flash running out the door.

He just displayed the ability to vibrate fast enough to appear invisible earlier in the episode. Clean up blood splatter, grab the knife, and disappear. Maybe you can't get rid of the body but there's no evidence to connect it to Barry's apartment and no "murder" weapon either. Plus, we go back to the fact that there is a record of somebody else being at the apartment, so when the time is right, Barry can sneak out, run back to Joe's, explain what happened, and he has an iron clad alibi for his whereabouts.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:36 am

"Iron clad" except for the cell phone call in his loft with NuDevoe. :derp:

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:51 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:"Iron clad" except for the cell phone call in his loft with NuDevoe. :derp:

Fair enough but then how does the CCPD explain that they had an entire team, including their captain, on the scene and couldn't find Barry or his cellphone?

Meanwhile several people, including a respected long-time member of the police force and the district attorney all say that Barry was with them that evening for their Christmas party.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:10 am

Falsifying Police Statements and potential perjury FTW, right Grayson? :lol:
Once Barry is in jail and a disgraced Joe is off the Force, who will support the West-Allen family? Because you know Iris won't work. :lol:

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:44 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Falsifying Police Statements and potential perjury FTW, right Grayson? :lol:
Once Barry is in jail and a disgraced Joe is off the Force, who will support the West-Allen family? Because you know Iris won't work. :lol:

Neither Joe or Cecile would be lying if they said that Barry was at the party. :lol:

Besides, the rules have already been broken by DeVoe and I'm just spit balling here. I already admitted that none of this was the optimal solution for Barry's problem. But why play DeVoe's game if you don't have to? I love what they've done with the character but the problem with having a character like this is that the showrunners aren't on the same level as the character. There are massive holes in this plan. Just off the top of my head, we saw DeVoe's wife give his wedding ring back to him in Dominic's body, right? That means his wedding ring is missing. On top of that, as far as any normal person would be concerned, she's already moved on to a younger, healthier guy. That's suspicious in and of itself, no? Come to think of it, Dominic's phone made a call to Barry Allen at roughly the same time that the police entered Allen's apartment, right? And Dominic was missing earlier in the day...AND he suddenly has a mysterious wound at the base of his skull...almost like a defensive wound. That's curious, isn't it? And if Crisco (or even Felicity) are as good as we have been led to believe, surely one of them could find surveillance of Dominic and DeVoe's wife together from the end of the episode. All of that seems like a clearer case against Dominic than it does for Barry.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:18 pm

Also, the thorough scrutiny of an autopsy should reveal the troubling detail that the top of DeVoe's freaking head was detachable! Not to mention whatever modifications were done to his body to accommodate his connection to the chair itself!

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:01 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:Amunet kicks ass. Why do you hate women? :P

Cause they wont stay crunchy in milk. . . :shock:

leave a comment with facebook