Tuesday, May 31, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "30 charges and no convictions."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

The Fourth Week of the 2008 College Football Season

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:37 pm

Black Kryptonite wrote:Did anyone not see this coming? They benefited from beating a sorry ass Virginia team and an Ohio State team that had some serious issues.

I sure didn't.

The Beavers had looked absolutely terrible in all of their games coming into this one.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:45 pm

I'm not talking about them losing to OSU in particular, but SOME Pac-10 team. I've always hated the way USC gets the benefit most teams don't.

D

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:14 am

Black Kryptonite wrote:I'm not talking about them losing to OSU in particular, but SOME Pac-10 team. I've always hated the way USC gets the benefit most teams don't.
I usually give USC a pass because as long as Ohio State has a football team USC will never be the most overrated.

GratefulFred

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:32 am

amlah6 wrote:I hope they didn't grease the goalposts, I want to see those things come down. :-D

Did you see the army of police officers around each goal post? Their blue shirts were a stark contrast to the orange and black that had amassed on the rest of the field.
Those cops were not going to lose a goal post on their watch!
:lol:

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:19 am

Chris wrote:OSU WINS! OSU WINS!!!!!

I finally get to say it... wrong OSU though.. :(

:smt041 I can't wait to hear ESPN spin this tomorrow.

Fenway

cheese

Postby Fenway » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:57 am

GratefulFred wrote:Did you see the army of police officers around each goal post? Their blue shirts were a stark contrast to the orange and black that had amassed on the rest of the field.

We aren't able to tear our goalposts down anymore. They're collapseable, so people do it before the fans can. But we can still rush the field and get fined, but no one cares.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:08 am

D wrote:I usually give USC a pass because as long as Ohio State has a football team USC will never be the most overrated.

I think Notre Dame beats them all, but that's neither here or there... :P

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:53 am

DeadFett wrote::smt041 I can't wait to hear ESPN spin this tomorrow.

The ESPN article I just read pretty much wrote USC off, says they should drop 7-8 spots and are pretty much out of title contention at this point.

GO MIZZOU!!

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:54 am

Aaron_W wrote:The ESPN article I just read pretty much wrote USC off, says they should drop 7-8 spots and are pretty much out of title contention at this point.

GO MIZZOU!!

Eeeeeeexcellent..

Now everyone else ranked ahead of the Buckeyes need to lose as well. :D

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:57 am

Chris wrote:Eeeeeeexcellent..

Now everyone else ranked ahead of the Buckeyes need to lose as well. :D

Your Buckeyes are even more done than USC!

D

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:59 am

Black Kryptonite wrote:I think Notre Dame beats them all, but that's neither here or there... :P
I don't know. People do think too highly of them, but ND never gets a title shot before the season starts.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:06 am

the Pac-10: making the Big 10 look even WORSE one game at a time...

Postby ****** » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:29 am

The Nacireman wrote:There's a difference between linked to tradition, and being bound by it.

And if you wanna go around implying that UGA doesn't have tradition, son, then I'm just gonna have to sic UGA VII on you. You did know that UGA was rated as the second best college tradition by ESPN, didn't you? Or playing Between the Hedges? Or about two dozen Larry Munson calls? (I'm hoping the Dawgs find that hobnail boot before next week.)

Georgia = Linked to tradition

Alabama = Bound to tradition.

Georgia = 1 national championship

Alabama = 7 national championships

That's what I meant by tradition. :wink:

Postby ****** » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:33 am

GratefulFred wrote:Did you see the army of police officers around each goal post? Their blue shirts were a stark contrast to the orange and black that had amassed on the rest of the field.

That was sad. They just won't let kids have any real fun nowadays. :cry:

Postby ****** » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:39 am

Black Kryptonite wrote:I'm not talking about them losing to OSU in particular, but SOME Pac-10 team. I've always hated the way USC gets the benefit most teams don't.

The Pac-10 is as weak as the Big 11 this year, USC should have been undefeated going into the BCS.

I hate watching the SuC lovefest in the media as much or more than anyone, but they have been one of the most consistently dominant teams over the past 6 years.

leave a comment with facebook