Tuesday, August 30, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Ban Herald ASAP!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Incredible Hulk unlikely to get sequel.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:42 pm

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a109 ... equel.html

Marvel's latest comic book film The Incredible Hulk is unlikely to get a sequel, says Reuters.

A Marvel insider said: "We're happy with the financial results, even if they [only] reach the first film's levels. Having a sequel is not the definition of success."

However, David Davis of entertainment analyst Arpeggio Partners claimed that the new film could be considered a success due to low expectations.

"Hollywood is always about perception," he noted. "The first Hulk had such high expectations after the NBC-Universal merger and was supposed to be critical-favourite Ang Lee's breakout commercial blockbuster.

"Then with the new Hulk film, Marvel was able to underplay the importance of the success after the great success of Iron Man this summer. So the new one overdelivered, relative to its underpromise."

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:44 pm

I think they'll use him in something like The Avengers or whatever and that there will be another one down the line in a few years.

I also think this one will be really popular on TV and DVD and will build up more of a following through there. So I don't think it will be too far fetched to see a sequel in 5 or 6 years.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:44 pm

I'm not buying that BS. If anything, there won't be a sequel because it would likely have to have yet another actor playing Banner. But this gobblygook about "financial success isn't everything" and "overperformance" is just static.

The Juan Percenter

Rain Partier

Postby The Juan Percenter » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:46 pm

You just said having a sequel does not measure success, not that there are no plans for a sequel

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:46 pm

Adjusted for inflation the movie will do less well than Ang Lee's at the box office.

If it made a mint, they'd make a million of them

I remember a lot of restart the franchise stuff beforehand.

This is spin.

Audiences don't seem to care much about the Incredible Hulk relative to other characters.

Not enough to justify the exorbitant cost.

McKegan

Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:47 pm

"So the new one overdelivered, relative to its underpromise."

That's the best bit of doublespeak I've read in a while.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:48 pm

milton73 wrote:You just said having a sequel does not measure success, not that there are no plans for a sequel

Marvel's latest comic book film The Incredible Hulk is unlikely to get a sequel, says Reuters.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:49 pm

That's too bad, it was really good.

I hope he at least fights the Avengers in that movie.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:53 pm

In other words, "We can't get Ed Norton to play this role again so let's bullshit everyone."

It's too bad, the new Hulk film was good.. :cry:

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:56 pm

McKegan wrote:
"So the new one overdelivered, relative to its underpromise."

That's the best bit of doublespeak I've read in a while.

Ain't that the truth? Pure BS. If it's possible to make a sequel, they will. Incredible Hulk is a commercial and pretty much a critical success and they'd be crazy to not extend the franchise for the reasons they state.

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:05 pm

Its done 126m domestic and only 95m in foreign markets on a 150 million budget, add in 10-20m on advertising, take off the theaters cut and its probably close to making its money back. It will do ok on DVD. I could see a sequal but I don't know if it will rate another 150 budget. Heck this did worse than the last FF movie so far.

JL_Amato

rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:09 pm

That's disappointing.

I really enjoyed this one and thought Edward Norton brought a lot to the role.

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:08 pm

DaReekstah wrote:Marvel's latest comic book film The Incredible Hulk is unlikely to get a sequel, says Reuters.

And Marvel never said that a sequel was unlikely. Reuters jumped to that conclusion

The Juan Percenter

Rain Partier

Postby The Juan Percenter » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:10 pm

DaReekstah wrote:Marvel's latest comic book film The Incredible Hulk is unlikely to get a sequel, says Reuters.

That's an editorial right there. No where in the quotes is that implied.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:10 pm

jza1218 wrote:And Marvel never said that a sequel was unlikely. Reuters jumped to that conclusion

Reuters should be sued. Then shot in the back.

leave a comment with facebook