Advertisement

The Marvel Universe on Disney XD Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 762 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: The Marvel Universe on Disney XD Thread!

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon May 07, 2012 12:45 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I really dislike how they still portray Jan as basically 'Paris Hilton with wings'.
And Dear God. Would a socialite really be caught dead in that Halloween costume with the stupid antenna-ears that she wears ? :lol:

She originally had antenna when she first showed up. :smt102

Paris Hilton... Jan has more shape, isn't horse-faced and so far, yet to be shown as a slut. Or burger chain spokesperson.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 102 posts

Postby misac » Mon May 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Tee-Roy'd wrote:Had to work this morning so I just got to watch the shows a little while ago.

Ultimate Spider-Man was just a really fun but really annoying episode today. I like Hulk and "Bug-Man" just running around NY smashing stuff was cool and fun. What annoyed me though was the seeing everything through Mary Janes video camera thing. That shit annoys me in all the hand held shaky cam films and it annoyed me hear. I want to like this show more but it really is just to silly for its on good.

Avengers EMH was excellent today, loved seeing the Guardians of the Galaxy and thus expanded on this Universe big time. Hulk surprising Tony with some actual intelligence was great, so I am assuming that Tony must not know who Hulk really is or how smart Banner actually is. I hope Ms Marvel will officially join the team some time soon, she is great in every episode she is in. Not sure how close to the source material this episode was because I have never read the Korvac stuff, but I did enjoy this episode so I might try to check out the comics.

All said and done it was another great weekend of cartoon viewing!

Loved the Guardians! My favorite part was when Rocket pulled the guns on Hulk. :lol: I wish they’d do another story with them, maybe a two parter.

Ms. Marvel is on the team, she's a reserve member.

They didn’t mention anything on Phyla being Kree and I didn’t think they would but I would have thought she’d make a comment to Ms. Marvel or something.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon May 07, 2012 1:37 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I really dislike how they still portray Jan as basically 'Paris Hilton with wings'.
And Dear God. Would a socialite really be caught dead in that Halloween costume with the stupid antenna-ears that she wears ? :lol:

I like how they portray her, she's kind of charming. Much better than she was originally in the comic, she was kind of a bitch.

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby troysshr » Sun May 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Ok so for some reason Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers EMH didn't record this morning, luckily they are back on right now!

I just got done with USM and I really enjoyed this episode. It was fun, the cut away jokes worked better this episode with Peter being sick. The twist of Harry being Venom is cool too I think, better than going with bringing in Eddie Brock and all that backstory and just starting with this anew. I loved the "Vampire Sneeze" bit too, it was funny.
ImageImageImage

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Sun May 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Tee-Roy'd wrote:Ok so for some reason Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers EMH didn't record this morning, luckily they are back on right now!

I just got done with USM and I really enjoyed this episode. It was fun, the cut away jokes worked better this episode with Peter being sick. The twist of Harry being Venom is cool too I think, better than going with bringing in Eddie Brock and all that backstory and just starting with this anew. I loved the "Vampire Sneeze" bit too, it was funny.

Last week was much better in my opinion because they didn't have the cut-away gags which annoy me to no end. This week was back to the same annoying shit.

And Avengers is awesome. They're doing Secret Invasion right now and I'm loving the hell out of it.

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby troysshr » Sun May 13, 2012 9:31 pm

Ok Avengers EMH was freakin amazing today! Everything felt so intense the entire episode, it was just crazy good. Love the slightly lighter moment of Ms Marvel officially joining the team and then her "hazing", then the shit just got real serious!

Fury working with Daisy Johnson and Black Widow to capture Iron Man, thus revealing all the stuff Fury knows so far about the Skrulls, just great stuff. Then the stand off between The Avenger :shock: I loved when the Hulk stepped up and got Hawkeye's back, "How about you put your arms down before I rip them off, Hawkeye's with me", that was awesome!

I almost kinda hate that we as the audience already knew that Cap is the Skrull at this point, but then seeing him bow before the Skrull Queen, the part formerly played by Spider-Woman, but now it's Mockingbird :shock: BRILLIANCE!

I really can't wait to see where things go from here, and for Thor to finally get back to Earth and start kicking some Skrull ass!
ImageImageImage

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 197 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Mon May 14, 2012 12:31 am

I just kind of want to see the villain's reaction to this all. Doom's the only villain thus far to know the truth. Does that mean he's going to be in the Norman Osborn role? Or is he just going to sit back watch the fireworks then strike?

I hope with what T'Challa is doing that means we're getting an adaptation of the SI part of Black Panther. That'd be just awesome.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 506 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Mon May 14, 2012 3:46 am

Doom is a skrull
Image Image Image ImageImage

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 133 posts

Postby doombug » Mon May 14, 2012 3:53 am

SO we're down to a team of 4?

Loved Hulk standing up for Hawkeye. 8)

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby troysshr » Mon May 14, 2012 6:26 am

Zechs wrote:I just kind of want to see the villain's reaction to this all. Doom's the only villain thus far to know the truth. Does that mean he's going to be in the Norman Osborn role? Or is he just going to sit back watch the fireworks then strike?

I hope with what T'Challa is doing that means we're getting an adaptation of the SI part of Black Panther. That'd be just awesome.

Since Osborn has not even ever been mentioned in the show, I could definitely see Doom playing a similar role to his in this version of Secret Invasion.
ImageImageImage

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 506 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Mon May 14, 2012 10:35 am

doombug wrote:SO we're down to a team of 4?

Loved Hulk standing up for Hawkeye. 8)

Iron Man's Kooky Quartet?
Image Image Image ImageImage

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 972 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon May 14, 2012 10:54 am

sdsichero wrote:Iron Man's Kooky Quartet?

No, when Hawkeye didn't stand down and allow himself to be taken in and Hulk and Capskrull defended him, Iron Man took his ball and went home. He even went so far as to say "as far as I am concerned, there are no Avengers."

I will say this, while I have been enjoying this show, I have to admit that this episode confirmed something for me. For me, personally, Young Justice is just hands down the better show.

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Proud Underachiever

Postby Benderbrau » Mon May 14, 2012 11:01 am

Hulk standing up for Hawkeye was a nice touch and proved once again that A:EMH Hulk is 100 times better then an other version of the Hulk made.

That being said, A:EMH was really boring this week. A whole lot of talking heads and not much else.
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon May 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Zechs wrote:I just kind of want to see the villain's reaction to this all. Doom's the only villain thus far to know the truth. Does that mean he's going to be in the Norman Osborn role? Or is he just going to sit back watch the fireworks then strike?

That'd be cool

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon May 14, 2012 3:22 pm

I just remembered, spider-man imagining black Spdey's origin was pretty funny. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum