Advertisement

The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts

Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby misac » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:20 pm

It’s not part of the DC Nation but I’m going to post about Thundercats here.

I really like the kids, probably cause the voice actors are good.

I liked that Lion-O is still butthurt about Cheetara and she and Tygra added insult to injury by not following orders. Made me like him a little more.

“Ro-cat Panthro” made me chuckle and the part with his first pair of replacement hands was pretty funny. :lol:

Jackalman was pretty cool but Monkeyman wasn’t and his voice didn’t quite fit. :smt102

Advertisement

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Proud Underachiever

Postby Benderbrau » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:34 pm

misac wrote:It’s not part of the DC Nation but I’m going to post about Thundercats here.

Because god forbid you post about it in the Thundercats cartoon thread. :roll:
the-asylum/new-thundercats-series-awesome-thread-t68703.html
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 422 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby troysshr » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:37 am

Really good episode of GLTAS this morning, nice retelling of a story from GL Corps from a few years ago and actually getting to see some other GL characters from the comics was cool. Like I have said previously this show just gets better with each episode. I did notice this week though that Razer and Aya are really completely unneeded characters in this show.The show does get better each week but it would be leaps and bounds better if they would just get back to regular space sooner than later.

Nice little DC Nation segment with the gas arrow but it was pretty much just the same as the boxing glove arrow spot. The Teen Titans shorts are always the best of the shorts and this one didn't disappoint either!

Now time for Young Justice!
ImageImageImage

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 422 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby troysshr » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:20 am

Another excellent episode of Young Justice today! This show is quickly becoming one of my favorite animated series of all time. I am not a big fan of Artemis but I love the dynamic between her and Red Arrow who is a great character IMHO. Artemis being the daughter of Sports Master and Jade is really cool as well, not sure if that is comics canon but I like it. Red Tornado building his own Android body is interesting as well, as it what Klarion, Brain, and Ivo are "building" as well.

The Superman of Tokyo short was stupid, I just don't like these at all.
ImageImageImage

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 378 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:27 am

Superman of Tokyo - was actually a little disturbing if Lois is in love with Superman of Tokyo.
YJ - I'm not yet a real fan of the show but I will say the writing and story was top notch.
GL - excellent fun (even if it was predictable). And I counter the argument that Razer & Aya are uneeded. I love em. Razer's road to redemption is a great side story.
Tiny Titans - this short simply left me hungry for more!

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 436 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:38 am

TS PUNK wrote:Another excellent episode of Young Justice today! This show is quickly becoming one of my favorite animated series of all time. I am not a big fan of Artemis but I love the dynamic between her and Red Arrow who is a great character IMHO. Artemis being the daughter of Sports Master and Jade is really cool as well, not sure if that is comics canon but I like it. Red Tornado building his own Android body is interesting as well, as it what Klarion, Brain, and Ivo are "building" as well.

The Superman of Tokyo short was stupid, I just don't like these at all.

Artemis is the daughter of the Original Huntress (Tigress/Paula Brooks) in the comics and on the show.. they just made Huntress/Tigress asian, so that Cheshire could be related too..

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 320 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:06 pm

When is DC going to come out with a new Superman cartoon because god knows he needs one that is actually good. Although to be fair, the Superman and Legion Of Super Heroes cartoon was cool.

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:11 pm

Amoebas wrote:Superman of Tokyo - was actually a little disturbing if Lois is in love with Superman of Tokyo.
YJ - I'm not yet a real fan of the show but I will say the writing and story was top notch.
GL - excellent fun (even if it was predictable). And I counter the argument that Razer & Aya are uneeded. I love em. Razer's road to redemption is a great side story.
Tiny Titans - this short simply left me hungry for more!

YJ - I'm trying not to get too attached to this show given it's unreliable seasons. And I'm still pissed by how often the writers avoid dressing the team in their superhero costumes.
GL - Like the last episode great writing but poor animation. When Hal tells Kilowog he'd support any woman who can get ready to go out in only 3 seconds and when Hal takes over as champion and Kilowog says "Aaaand here we go" like he knew all along Hal's weakness for women would get them into trouble I totally LOL'd
Tiny Titans - I was so mad, my DVR cut out when Beast Boy appeared on his own shoulder and Cyborg was like "This is getting too weird" :lol: :smt013
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 378 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Tiny Titans - I was so mad, my DVR cut out when Beast Boy appeared on his own shoulder and Cyborg was like "This is getting too weird" :lol: :smt013

Not much more to it from there - on the shoulder tiny Beast Boy said to big Beast Boy "eat the cookies" - so he did. Nom nom nom. :D

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 36 posts

Postby KingPagla » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:12 pm

Amoebas wrote:Superman of Tokyo - was actually a little disturbing if Lois is in love with Superman of Tokyo.
Yeah that's some fucked up Ms. Marvel / Marcus shit.

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:12 am

Amoebas wrote:Not much more to it from there - on the shoulder tiny Beast Boy said to big Beast Boy "eat the cookies" - so he did. Nom nom nom. :D

:lol:

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:53 pm

Ok, that Superman short was far too disturbing. Superman is really Lois' son and it seems like she's attracted to him. :lol:
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:04 pm

Greg wrote:Ok, that Superman short was far too disturbing. Superman is really Lois' son and it seems like she's attracted to him. :lol:

What do you expect from the Japanese? :lol:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:32 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that Superbaby short was creepy on several levels. :lol:

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:35 pm

The only shorts I watch are the Teen Titan ones. The rest are just fucking bizarre.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum