Advertisement

The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 480 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby e_galston » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Benderbrau wrote:The only shorts I watch are the Teen Titan ones. The rest are just fucking bizarre.

the super best friends one was good with Batgirl, Supergirl and Wonder Girl

Advertisement

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 464 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby troysshr » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:45 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:

Thats been the only other really good one besides the TT ones. Looks like an Animal one is coming next week.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 110 posts

Postby misac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:24 pm

TS PUNK wrote:Another excellent episode of Young Justice today! This show is quickly becoming one of my favorite animated series of all time. I am not a big fan of Artemis but I love the dynamic between her and Red Arrow who is a great character IMHO. Artemis being the daughter of Sports Master and Jade is really cool as well, not sure if that is comics canon but I like it. Red Tornado building his own Android body is interesting as well, as it what Klarion, Brain, and Ivo are "building" as well.

The Superman of Tokyo short was stupid, I just don't like these at all.

I don't like Artemis either (what a baby!) but I do hope she stays a good guy, I could turn around with her though.

I really liked Speedy joining the team!

I know Robin is the most known but I'd really like an episode centered around him.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Amoebas wrote:Superman of Tokyo - was actually a little disturbing if Lois is in love with Superman of Tokyo.YJ - I'm not yet a real fan of the show but I will say the writing and story was top notch.
GL - excellent fun (even if it was predictable). And I counter the argument that Razer & Aya are uneeded. I love em. Razer's road to redemption is a great side story.
Tiny Titans - this short simply left me hungry for more!

That's what I thought too! :lol:

I don't like Razor very much but I do like that he's on the show. I don't think the Hal and Kilowog show would be as good.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:

I'd add Plastic Man to the good ones too.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 344 posts

Postby Draco x » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:50 pm

Anyone going to check out the new Batman cartoon next year? I don't know much about it but it's supposed to have Katana as Batman's sidekick as opposed to Robin. Maybe this means the Outsiders will be on the show then.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:19 am

I tend to hate all comic book archers who are not chicks. Hero archers are a comic book tradition, but it's a stupid fucking tradition. It's no less stupid when it's a chick, but because it's a chick instead of a dude, it's a different spin. Different is good. I've really started to like Artemis, mainly because of her back story and her dynamic with Kid Flash.

I was really glad when Speedy ducked out of the team early on. I prefer him when he only shows up every so often, but I hardly think YJ needs two goddamn characters who shoot arrows. And since Artemis is more interesting and less of a dick than Red Arrow, I'd rather see her as the sole archer on the team.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 215 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:28 am

Strict31 wrote:I tend to hate all comic book archers who are not chicks. Hero archers are a comic book tradition, but it's a stupid fucking tradition. It's no less stupid when it's a chick, but because it's a chick instead of a dude, it's a different spin. Different is good. I've really started to like Artemis, mainly because of her back story and her dynamic with Kid Flash.

I was really glad when Speedy ducked out of the team early on. I prefer him when he only shows up every so often, but I hardly think YJ needs two goddamn characters who shoot arrows. And since Artemis is more interesting and less of a dick than Red Arrow, I'd rather see her as the sole archer on the team.

Heh.. indeed, but I wouldn't worry about that problem once season two arrives.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 149 posts

Postby doombug » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:56 am

Zechs wrote:

:lol: you and your damn spoilers.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Zechs wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Artemis that Amazon that temporarily replaced Diana as Wonder Woman in the 90's? I don't know why they retconned her as GA's niece as she was badass as an Amazon. On a separate note, I hope they bring back Bane in Season 2 as this is the only cartoon where he is not portrayed as dumb brute that keeps getting jobbed.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 823 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:48 pm

draco x wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Artemis that Amazon that temporarily replaced Diana as Wonder Woman in the 90's? I don't know why they retconned her as GA's niece as she was badass as an Amazon. On a separate note, I hope they bring back Bane in Season 2 as this is the only cartoon where he is not portrayed as dumb brute that keeps getting jobbed.

No, this is a different Artemis. She is in the comics and is the daughter of the Sportsmaster (as in the show) and the golden-age Huntress aka Tigress (Paula Brooks). In the show Artemis is younger, much like Zatanna and her mother is in a wheelchair but was most likely the Huntress or Tigress. Basically, they wanted her related to Cheshire who is Asian, so mom became an Asian. Not a bad spin... though at times I think of Speedy Mia.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
No, this is a different Artemis. She is in the comics and is the daughter of the Sportsmaster (as in the show) and the golden-age Huntress aka Tigress (Paula Brooks). In the show Artemis is younger, much like Zatanna and her mother is in a wheelchair but was most likely the Huntress or Tigress. Basically, they wanted her related to Cheshire who is Asian, so mom became an Asian. Not a bad spin... though at times I think of Speedy Mia.

This take sounds like Connor Hawke's origin for some reason.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:18 pm

draco x wrote:

She was really cool in the Wonder Woman movie. I think I'd like to see a retconned teen Artemis as Wonder Girl instead of Cassie.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:21 pm

misac wrote:
She was really cool in the Wonder Woman movie. I think I'd like to see a retconned teen Artemis as Wonder Girl instead of Cassie.

That I can see working. Unfortunately in the eyes of DC Artemis is considered the female version of Jean Paul Valley in the sense her main purpose is to be the temporary replacement for one of the Big 3 and not much else.

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 464 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby troysshr » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Watched both shows while having dinner with the wife tonight, both were as always excellent.

I think that Superboy is beginning to become a crackhead with those "shields" :smt011 I knew Batman wouldn't be that heartless to send Robin in to investigate the circus like that, very cool that he went one his own free will like that. It is so painfully obvious at this point that Red Arrow is the mole. I know so of you have already read spoilers so you will know if I am right on this or not. It's just the way he keeps calling everyone else out for being the mole that makes me think he is indeed the traitor. Parasite as this weeks villain was very cool, I wonder how long it will take the others to find out that Superboy is lying about his new found powers. This show just gets better with every episode.

Green Lantern was just awesome this week, my favorite episode of the series o far. My wife completely called that the Planet and new GL was Mogo in like the first couple minutes of the episode. It was a big change from the comics but it was still done really well. I loved Saint Walker, was hoping he would bust out the blue ring, but he was awesome nonetheless.

The two shorts were both really good this week, the Animal Man one was hilarious, and the Wonder Girl, Supergirl, Batgirl one was very funny as well. So all in all a really great week of DC Nation once again!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum