Advertisement

The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 281 posts

Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby Draco x » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:36 pm

I wish DC would drop another Superman cartoon because god knows they can't get Big Blue right marketing-wise up till this day.

Advertisement

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 365 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:40 pm

draco x wrote:I wish DC would drop another Superman cartoon because god knows they can't get Big Blue right marketing-wise up till this day.

I have enjoyed most of the Superman cartoons that have come out in the past like Superman the Animated Series, his appearances in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited were all really good and played into the grand scope of that Universe. I also really like Superman and the Legion of Superheroes cartoon and thought it was cut way to short. Superman on The Batman was pretty cool as well, and the direct to dvd movies featuring Superman have been decent if nothing else. Even his few appearances on Batman the Brave and Bold were very entertaining.

I would like to see a new Superman cartoon for sure, he is one of my favorites, but right now that just doesn't seem to be on the horizon. Batman has always been and probably always will be DC and Warner Bros most profitable character so until that day changes they are gonna keep milking Batman for all he's worth.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:47 pm

TS Cenation wrote:
I have enjoyed most of the Superman cartoons that have come out in the past like Superman the Animated Series, his appearances in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited were all really good and played into the grand scope of that Universe. I also really like Superman and the Legion of Superheroes cartoon and thought it was cut way to short. Superman on The Batman was pretty cool as well, and the direct to dvd movies featuring Superman have been decent if nothing else. Even his few appearances on Batman the Brave and Bold were very entertaining.

I would like to see a new Superman cartoon for sure, he is one of my favorites, but right now that just doesn't seem to be on the horizon. Batman has always been and probably always will be DC and Warner Bros most profitable character so until that day changes they are gonna keep milking Batman for all he's worth.

Agreed. However, this is going to be a problem for DC if they keep depending on Batman to pull the weight for them as they need to create new franchises. Seeing as how Superman is their mascot they should be marketing him better rather than either sticking him in other people's cartoons or giving us sub-par ones with him.

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:11 pm

draco x wrote:
Agreed. However, this is going to be a problem for DC if they keep depending on Batman to pull the weight for them as they need to create new franchises. Seeing as how Superman is their mascot they should be marketing him better rather than either sticking him in other people's cartoons or giving us sub-par ones with him.

I think Batman surpassed Superman as the face of the company many years ago. DC is branching out with the GL Animated Series, which is really good in my opinion. Young Justice is also a step in the right direction, but there is always gonna be a Batman cartoon either out or on the horizon, right or wrong thats just how it is.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:57 pm

T-Rex wrote:
I think Batman surpassed Superman as the face of the company many years ago. DC is branching out with the GL Animated Series, which is really good in my opinion. Young Justice is also a step in the right direction, but there is always gonna be a Batman cartoon either out or on the horizon, right or wrong thats just how it is.

We do agree here as it boils down to Batman having better marketing and writers. As for GL, it's all good as its time DC proves its not just about Batman and Superman. Hopefully other franchises can branch out such as Wonder Woman, Flash, Wildcats, Doom Patrol, the Metal Men, etc.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 383 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:37 pm

T-Rex wrote:

well yes Batman has surpassed Superman as the face of the company.. it is DC (Detective Comics) and who starred in Detective Comics Batman.. its not AC Comics...

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 11 posts
Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Postby prozacman » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:20 pm

CBR has a good video interview with Khary Payton AKA Aqualad

Khary Payton on “Young Justice,” “Powers” http://video.comicbookresources.com/cbr ... ce-powers/

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Proud Underachiever

Postby Benderbrau » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:03 am

draco x wrote:I wish DC would drop another Superman cartoon because god knows they can't get Big Blue right marketing-wise up till this day.

I rather they develop new characters instead of rehashing the same old ones. Some body give me Blue and Gold the Animated Series! :smt026
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Proud Underachiever

Postby Benderbrau » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:04 am

prozacman wrote:CBR has a good video interview with Khary Payton AKA Aqualad

Khary Payton on “Young Justice,” “Powers” http://video.comicbookresources.com/cbr ... ce-powers/

Why's Aqualad been MIA from the last two episodes?
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:

well yes Batman has surpassed Superman as the face of the company.. it is DC (Detective Comics) and who starred in Detective Comics Batman.. its not AC Comics...

No thanks in part to the fact DC can barely market Big S properly.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 88 posts

Postby misac » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:59 pm

T-Rex wrote:Watched both shows while having dinner with the wife tonight, both were as always excellent.

I think that Superboy is beginning to become a crackhead with those "shields" :smt011 I knew Batman wouldn't be that heartless to send Robin in to investigate the circus like that, very cool that he went one his own free will like that. It is so painfully obvious at this point that Red Arrow is the mole. I know so of you have already read spoilers so you will know if I am right on this or not. It's just the way he keeps calling everyone else out for being the mole that makes me think he is indeed the traitor. Parasite as this weeks villain was very cool, I wonder how long it will take the others to find out that Superboy is lying about his new found powers. This show just gets better with every episode.

Green Lantern was just awesome this week, my favorite episode of the series o far. My wife completely called that the Planet and new GL was Mogo in like the first couple minutes of the episode. It was a big change from the comics but it was still done really well. I loved Saint Walker, was hoping he would bust out the blue ring, but he was awesome nonetheless.

The two shorts were both really good this week, the Animal Man one was hilarious, and the Wonder Girl, Supergirl, Batgirl one was very funny as well. So all in all a really great week of DC Nation once again!

They went right into Superboy using those things, I thought they'd play it up a little more. I really liked Parasite as a smart guy, makes him more dangerous.

As for the mole, I'm a little confused. They said there was a mole in the first season and in this season they're blackmailing Miss Martian, so there's two moles? :smt102

Had they acknowledged Robin was Dick? I guess I had missed it.

I caught the Mogo thing early too, with the stuff moving around by itself. Still got excited when he got his ring though. :smt041

Saint Walker was pretty cool with his kung fu moves. If he was on the planet does that mean he was a criminal? :shock:

The Animal Man short was indeed hilarious. The snake thing really cracked me up. :lol: :lol: :lol: It's been the best short so far.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:52 am

misac wrote:
They went right into Superboy using those things, I thought they'd play it up a little more. I really liked Parasite as a smart guy, makes him more dangerous.

As for the mole, I'm a little confused. They said there was a mole in the first season and in this season they're blackmailing Miss Martian, so there's two moles? :smt102

I caught the Mogo thing early too, with the stuff moving around by itself. Still got excited when he got his ring though. :smt041

Saint Walker was pretty cool with his kung fu moves. If he was on the planet does that mean he was a criminal? :shock:

The Animal Man short was indeed hilarious. The snake thing really cracked me up. :lol: :lol: :lol: It's been the best short so far.

Speaking of DC cartoons, does anyone think that Ben 10, Generator Rex and Scooby Doo should be a part of DC? Given the fact that the Faceless Hunter appeared in Generator Rex and Scooby Doo and co showed up in Batman: The Brave & The Bold, why not consider them DC cartoons?

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:52 pm

draco x wrote:
Speaking of DC cartoons, does anyone think that Ben 10, Generator Rex and Scooby Doo should be a part of DC? Given the fact that the Faceless Hunter appeared in Generator Rex and Scooby Doo and co showed up in Batman: The Brave & The Bold, why not consider them DC cartoons?

I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:57 am

T-Rex wrote:
I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Me neither. The question is if WB and DC are smart enough to consider making that happen.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 383 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:22 pm

misac wrote:

technically this is still season 1 of Young Justice.. season 2 is Young Justice Invasion

The producers have said since day 1 that Robin is Dick,

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum