Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 51 posts

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Bianco » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:04 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Am I the only one that had a problem with a weak special move like the Peoples Elbow being what won the Rock the WWE title?

I've been saying that for years

granted Buddy Landel used a cork-screw elbow drop to win matches back in the 80's (I think Dusty did to) but at that time you could win a match with a sunset flip

Advertisement

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 280 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby TS Punk » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:18 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Am I the only one that had a problem with a weak special move like the Peoples Elbow being what won the Rock the WWE title?

No I thought that was stupid, I knew Rock was going to win tonight and it should have been with The Rock Bottom, not the fucking People's Elbow.

Overall I had a great time watching the show tonight, mainly because of the people I was watching it with. I was very entertained by the ADR vs Big Show match and having Ricardo involved like he was makes Del Rio even more likeable to me. I think he has improved vastly by turing face and I enjoy him so much more now.

I was shocked that Hell No won against Rhodes Scholars but that all played out very well through the rest of night when Golddust showed up and went right after Cody, which I really hope turns into a feud that leads to a match at WM. The segment backstage with Hell No and then Kane catching Bryan after he eliminated him and then Kane just dropping him were great! These two are going to have an outstanding story line for a while and I love it!

The Rumble match itself I thought was great until the end because like so many matches over the last few weeks the wrong guy won, and it was such a weak ending at that, it just looked bad. The rest of the match was great though. Jericho showing up at #2 and him and Ziggler lasting until like the final 6 I think was awesome! I don't know if this was a one night thing for Jericho or maybe just a short stint through Mania but whatever it is I will enjoy it as long as I can! As already stated Cody and Golddust was another personal highlight of the night for me. Kofi's obligatory spot this year started out great but then it took to long and just peetered out for him to get knocked right out of the ring after it. I could have done without the waste of spots on Godfather, Mysterio who looked like he got injured again as soon as he stepped in the ring, Sin Cara, or Khali. Weren't The New Age Outlaws supposed to be in the match? I why weren't The Shield in the match? I would have picked those 5 over most of the other wasted picks they made. I was so disappointed with the way the Rumble match ended tonight. Ziggler by all rights should have won the Royal Rumble, he needed the win Cena did not. Him winning was so horribly predictable that I called it last summer. The way he won looked so weak too, just pushing Ryback over the top. And what the fuck was up with Ryback being the 30th man, defeated the whole Feed Me More thing right out the gate. He should have come in much earlier and eliminated tons of people. This tells me that Ryback has zero stamina to really have a long match, and that he is more than likely just a flash in the pan fad that probably won't be around this time next WM season.

As for the title match Punk was destined to lose his belt to the Rock tonight, should it have happened tonight probably not, should have happened next month at the Elimination Chamber IMHO. Punk to me still doesn't look bad even though he lost. He held the belt for longer than anyone in the modern era of wrestling, that is something no one can take away from him. Would I have liked him to held it even longer, of course, would I have rather him lost it to someone that was actually a full time wrestler thats not named John Cena, of course but that wasn't meant to happen. Last years WM made more money than any other WM ever. Vince knows this and thats why this year is going to be a repeat of the Main Event from last year. I understand his thinking as a business man but creatively it's boring and predictable. I said last year as soon as the Rock announced he wanted to win the title that exactly what happened tonight at the Royal Rumble was what was going to happen, and unfortunately it did. It's good for business right now, it's gonna put a ton of money in Vince's pockets but for the long term it's not gonna do anything but keep forcing Vince to bring back part timers because he is afraid to make new stars.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:56 am

Big E Langston's twitter: “Damn, damn, damn! If I hadn’t been stuffing my face with Vienna sausages backstage! My bad, Dolph. Should have been there. #RoyalRumble”

I like this guy :lol:

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:06 am

Rock used to win with the People's Elbow all the time.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:14 am

syxxpakk wrote:Rock used to win with the People's Elbow all the time.

On TV and before the turn of the millennium. Just about all his PPV wins were done with the Rock Bottom. The only time I really remember that was against Hogan at WM18...and Hogan had already kicked out of the Rock Bottom at that point.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 173 posts

Postby GHERU » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:43 am

Bianco wrote:couple people on the dirtsheets are saying Ryback botched the move that's' why Cena won....idk, didn't pay that much attention. It could be possible

yea
it didn't look like ryback was supposed to go out that way
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:14 am

Saw these on youtube :lol:

Evan Meadow
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Evan Meadow » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:00 am

If that shit isn't fake, this guy is oh so sad.

How he has a girlfriend is beyond me?

LOL last time I got that upset over a wrestling match all I did was play a video game and beat up characters in the game.

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby TS Punk » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:26 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Big E Langston's twitter: “Damn, damn, damn! If I hadn’t been stuffing my face with Vienna sausages backstage! My bad, Dolph. Should have been there. #RoyalRumble”

I like this guy :lol:

Yeah I think he is fantastic, he is a huge mean looking mother-trucker that looks like he could legit destroy you, has a bad ass finishing move, and on top of that is hilarious when he opens his mouth! You don't get that to often in this day and age.

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby TS Punk » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:47 am

syxxpakk wrote:Another thing to toss out there, the lights going out and it being the Shield could all be one big red herring. What if that's the build-up to the Cena heel turn everyone has been waiting for?

Cena is never going to turn heel ever, that is so evident now more than ever. Plus I was watching the show last night not streaming actually watching on TV and you could clearly see a few times that it was The Shield attacking the Rock. One time they got an especially clear shot of Roman Reigns when a camera flashed near him.

I was fine with Rock winning last night as I knew for 6 months that was what was going to happen and during that 6 months I got to watch CM Punk has one of the greatest title reigns in the history of wrestling. So yeah while I am sad that Punk lost I don't think there is anyone else I would have rather him lost to than the Rock, except maybe Undertaker.

As for Cena you guys all know how much I love Cena, huge fan of the man, but I am absolutely sick of his character. I would have rather anyone but him winning the Rumble match last night. Everyone talks about how bad his 2012 was, it wasn't that bad. He had Draw against Kane at the RR, he beat Kane at EC Chamber, lost to Rock at WM, beat Lesnar at ER, did have the horrible feud with Johnny Ace where he lost at OTL because of Big Show, then beats Show at NWO, then he wins MITB but loses the cash in match because of Show, lost at Summerslam in the triple threat but he didn't get pinned Show did, another Draw at NOC against Punk, got injured took time off, Lost at Survivor Series because of Shield, then lost at TLC because of AJ. Now if I am not wrong the only clean PPV loss that I see was too The Rock at WM all the rest were draws, dq's, and various shenanigans. He has just got way to much like Hogan when I absolutely hated Hogan. Cena never loses and that makes his wins mean even less to me. Had he lost those two match a few weeks ago to Ziggler on consecutive RAWs then I might not be so pissed about him winning the Rumble. He does the same shit that made me hate Orton so much. He had two grueling matches against Ziggler and then completely no sells the entire match by jumping out of the ring and running around like he just got out of the shower completely refreshed. It's won thing to have the Superhero Good Guy that always overcomes the odds but they still have to get beat down first to overcome those odds. Cena never feels like he is over coming anything he is always on top just knocking everyone else down and that my problem with him now.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 540 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby TS Punk » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:20 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Ugh

Ugh what? Cena win? Rock win? Punk loss? Need more info please.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GHERU » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:22 am

according to prowrestling.com Jericho is signed through WM
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby TS Punk » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:27 am

GHERU wrote:according to prowrestling.com Jericho is signed through WM

Well that is AWESOME!

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GHERU » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:29 am

Tattooed Jesus wrote:
Well that is AWESOME!

enough to keep me watching
I have no idea why I am so bitter about it, but I have no interest at all in the Rock as the champ and Cena as the challenger
RUviews

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum