Sunday, December 11, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Comics: we give a crap!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:20 pm

Rock as champ does a lot for the brand. Rock vs. Cena made more money than any other wrestling PPV ever. It's a business-move and it makes a lot of sense. While I respect that some might not like Rock being used to build up Cena, from a business-standpoint I think it's the best one to make. Rock vs. anybody else on the active roster isn't going to deliver as a high a buyrate as Rock vs. Cena II will. As it's a rematch, it's likely to pull in less buys than last year anyway, so putting the title at stake does help in that regard.

I think some people might be worried about Punk. I don't know. Punk, to me, is pretty much safe. He's got an easy out for losing last night. Plus he just had this historic reign. Losing to the Rock is, most likely, not going to hurt any of his steam.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Also, given that the Rock seems to lead to increases in buyrates, attendance, and ratings, I would argue that most fans are finding him still to be quite exciting.
User avatar

T.S.S.-72

Rain Partier

Postby T.S.S.-72 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:07 pm

Rock and Punk aren't the ones I'm having the problem with, that's Cena. He didn't need the 2 wins over Ziggler in most ridiculous fashion ever. He absolutely didn't need to win the Rumble match last. He and Rock could face at WM regardless and still be for the title. Ziggler winning could have been historic, 1 to the end, eliminating Cena last, being the first to hold the MITB and RR victory at the same time! Ziggler could have gone on to WM and walked out as the Undisputed Champion and a new star would be made instantly. Money and business wise the way they went was the safest most profitable way for them to go, but in the flip side its the most boring and predictable way as well.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Rock winning was fine. It was done in a cool way. People will tune into Raw because they know he will be there and it'll be a celebration.

Cena winning is stupid.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:19 pm

And the restart was great. It was done the right way.

kingbeavis

cheese

Postby kingbeavis » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:19 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Rock and Punk aren't the ones I'm having the problem with, that's Cena. He didn't need the 2 wins over Ziggler in most ridiculous fashion ever. He absolutely didn't need to win the Rumble match last. He and Rock could face at WM regardless and still be for the title. Ziggler winning could have been historic, 1 to the end, eliminating Cena last, being the first to hold the MITB and RR victory at the same time! Ziggler could have gone on to WM and walked out as the Undisputed Champion and a new star would be made instantly. Money and business wise the way they went was the safest most profitable way for them to go, but in the flip side its the most boring and predictable way as well.


Rock vs Cena is the main event at WM, because no other match will be bigger. If CM Punk or someone other than Rock/Cena has the belt, then the WWE title is not in the main event again after more than a year of building the WWE title and being champion up as something special.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:22 pm

The moment Troy was talking about where the camera flash showed it was indeed the Shield that attacked when the lights went out:
Image

What a waste. Would've loved for it to have been Lesnar thus making the restart controversial and give Punk an entitlement to feel cheated.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Just watched the PPV, I liked it.

The Del Rio/Show match was awesome, especially when Show chokeslammed Alberto off of the weird-hanging line thing into the table, that was a great bit. Also, Ricardo got given some Bret Hart glasses!

The tag-match was OK, I expected the break-up of Team Hell No! here, but it looks like that has started in the Rumble.

The Rumble itself was awesome as per usual, JERICHO! But I think Cody Rhodes owned this rumble, he kicked the most ass, and had the biggest in-rumble story when he faced off against GOLDUST! I hope the Brothers Rhodes feud from here on out. Not too bothered about Cena winning, we all saw it coming. I am intrigued by the Bo Dallas/Wade Barrett thing too.

The Punk-Rock match was excellent I thought, high drama, and a dodgy finish that worked. It was great how Punk pretty much dominated the match, even if he won, Rock still made Punk look equal to him, which is a good thing in a WWE where Rock, Cena, Undertaker and Lesnar kind of exist on their own level above everyone else, Punk has bust his way in there.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:49 pm

kingbeavis wrote:
Rock vs Cena is the main event at WM, because no other match will be bigger. If CM Punk or someone other than Rock/Cena has the belt, then the WWE title is not in the main event again after more than a year of building the WWE title and being champion up as something special.


I'd imagine a Rock vs Lesnar main event would be huge. I can imagine that one happening next year now that Lesnar signed a new deal.
User avatar

T.S.S.-72

Rain Partier

Postby T.S.S.-72 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:06 pm

Fantastic way to open the show, thats how a guy that just lost his championship should act. Be pissed, raise hell, cuss, scream, yell!! Don't just laugh and shrug it off. Punk is amazing.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:11 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:The moment Troy was talking about where the camera flash showed it was indeed the Shield that attacked when the lights went out:
Image

What a waste. Would've loved for it to have been Lesnar thus making the restart controversial and give Punk an entitlement to feel cheated.


If WWE planned to have Punk vs. Lesnar at WM 29, then it might have been logical. If it's Lesnar vs. Taker, then probably not.

It's I think a three-way between Rock/Cena/Punk would be the best thing to do, as you get all three in the Main Event, thus not slighting Cena or Punk into what could be a lesser slot, or worse - having to do the squash match with the Undertaker. (If the streak ends, it'll be next year at WM30).

This then frees up Lesnar/Undertaker to be in the second slot on the card, and not look slighted.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:20 pm

Notice that O***n is beating on a guy wearing an American flag on his tights. He's pi$$ing on Ameirca like he always has.

kingbeavis

cheese

Postby kingbeavis » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:23 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
If WWE planned to have Punk vs. Lesnar at WM 29, then it might have been logical. If it's Lesnar vs. Taker, then probably not.

It's I think a three-way between Rock/Cena/Punk would be the best thing to do, as you get all three in the Main Event, thus not slighting Cena or Punk into what could be a lesser slot, or worse - having to do the squash match with the Undertaker. (If the streak ends, it'll be next year at WM30).

This then frees up Lesnar/Undertaker to be in the second slot on the card, and not look slighted.



What about Punk/Lesnar vs Undertaker/HHH? Heyman guys vs McMahon guys.
User avatar

T.S.S.-72

Rain Partier

Postby T.S.S.-72 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:25 pm

kingbeavis wrote:

What about Punk/Lesnar vs Undertaker/HHH? Heyman guys vs McMahon guys.


That actually makes sense considering how bad of shape Taker is supposedly in these days.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:25 pm

I feel fairly confident that Nacireman won't be convinced its Cena vs Rock 2 until after the bell rings at WM.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 31 guests

cron