Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

kingbeavis
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby kingbeavis » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:43 am

Jubilee wrote:What's the best wrestling DVD of all time? Particularly for those who don't really follow much wrestling!

http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Shawn-Michaels-Heartbreak-Triumph/dp/B000LC3IKG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1360132458&sr=8-3&keywords=shawn+michaels

You can get this one and the My Journey HBK DVD for $25 total brand new on Amazon, which means free shipping. A little bit a crossover with some of the matches but overall it's a lot of Shawn Michaels and Rockers matches. If you only want one, get the one I posted.

The Shawn Michaels vs British Bulldog match from KOTR 96 with Owen Hart on commentary is worth the price alone.

Advertisement

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 141 posts

Postby Bianco » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:27 am

from the dirt sites

As noted earlier, Dolph Ziggler, AJ Lee and Big E Langston worked the dark main event after Monday night’s WWE RAW from Atlanta but did not appear on the live broadcast.

F4Wnonline.com reports that when the RAW script was changed around, WWE officials didn’t have a spot on this week’s show for Ziggler largely because they had other storylines they were pushing.

This might explain him losing to Cena, and mostly everyone else all the time

A. They don't know what to do with him or MITB yet because him winning will mess up bigger things...aka...he's not good enough yet

B. Someone higher up doesn't like him or he made someone mad enough that he is not getting the push yet and always loosing

C. A little bit of A & B

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:56 am

Bianco wrote:from the dirt sites

As noted earlier, Dolph Ziggler, AJ Lee and Big E Langston worked the dark main event after Monday night’s WWE RAW from Atlanta but did not appear on the live broadcast.

F4Wnonline.com reports that when the RAW script was changed around, WWE officials didn’t have a spot on this week’s show for Ziggler largely because they had other storylines they were pushing.

This might explain him losing to Cena, and mostly everyone else all the time

A. They don't know what to do with him or MITB yet because him winning will mess up bigger things...aka...he's not good enough yet

B. Someone higher up doesn't like him or he made someone mad enough that he is not getting the push yet and always loosing

C. A little bit of A & B

I think the plan for Ziggler is for him to cash in and win at Wrestlemania, to have him really steal the show.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 261 posts

Postby misac » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:29 am

The Shadow wrote:I like Miz the most when he walks the line. Like Jericho or Austin or The Rock.

He's nowhere near those guys, he comes off like a brat.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 360 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Watch out, Mr. Socko!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Taz has been so obnoxious on commentary.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1464 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:36 pm

So I broke down and watched bits and pieces of Impact last night. How in the world does TNA hope to compete with the WWE when their main storyline features one of the few (if not only) tag teams to have held the WWE, ECW, WCW, and TNA Tag Team Championships separated and in such shitty roles? I mean, I don't mind the fact that the Dudley Boyz are wrestling solo but Bully Ray is 41 years old and the story is that he married Brooke Hogan?! :shock: :roll: :smt011

Man, I wish that the Dudley Boyz would just go back to the WWE and dominate the tag team division one more time because they are being wasted in TNA.
ImageImageImage

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Grayson wrote:So I broke down and watched bits and pieces of Impact last night. How in the world does TNA hope to compete with the WWE when their main storyline features one of the few (if not only) tag teams to have held the WWE, ECW, WCW, and TNA Tag Team Championships separated and in such shitty roles? I mean, I don't mind the fact that the Dudley Boyz are wrestling solo but Bully Ray is 41 years old and the story is that he married Brooke Hogan?! :shock: :roll: :smt011

Man, I wish that the Dudley Boyz would just go back to the WWE and dominate the tag team division one more time because they are being wasted in TNA.

I'm ok with Bully being one of their main guys. He's been very good. Sting and Hogan on the other hand. :roll:

Did you like the tag match, now those guys should be all over their tv too.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1464 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:08 pm

misac wrote:I'm ok with Bully being one of their main guys. He's been very good.

Oh I don't have a problem with Bubba being in the main event. In fact, I know that he had a few single matches with Kurt Angle and I seem to remember him having a short feud with Triple H in the WWE that all produced pretty entertaining matches at the time. My problem is wasting the talent of men like the Dudley Boyz on such mediocre stories. How did anybody at TNA think that a marriage story between Bubba and Brooke was a good idea? Devon's story could be so much better if he wasn't the only active big name in the stable. A feud between the Dudley Boyz should be rather epic but this just felt painful to watch.
ImageImageImage

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 347 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Before his wedding story Bubba was probably the top heel in all companies. He can handle a singles run.

But that story is just bad.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Per the WON web site:

Some notes about the proposed WWE Network, and the fact they are really, at least this week, planning on rolling it out shortly, came up in a survey that DirecTV is doing.

The big news is not the content, which just confirms that has largely been expected, but that DirecTV is interested in carrying the channel.

The anchor of the network will be its carrying 11 out of the 12 WWE PPV shows per year, all but WrestleMania. What is a lock, whether it ends up financially prudent or not, is that this network will cannibalize the PPV business.

DirecTV's survey regarded asking people how much they would pay for such a network, with price points at $12.99, $14.99, $16.99, $19.99, $24.99 and $29.99. The survey asked people if they would buy it, and how much they would be willing to pay.

The network would contain network-specific reality shows involving current and past contracted wrestlers, shows that were formerly on WWE Classics on Demand like Legends Round Table, replays each week of Raw, Smackdown and other shows, and be augmented by the 30,000 hours of digitzed footage in the company's library of WWF, WCW, ECW, SMW, World Class, AWA, Florida, Stampede and other footage.

They would also re-do features that have been on Classics on Demand, including week-by-week showings of the Monday Night Wars.

Without PPV revenue, WWE could potentially face a mighty reckoning.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 214 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:31 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Per the WON web site:

Without PPV revenue, WWE could potentially face a mighty reckoning.

So WWE-TV would be a premium channel?

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:43 pm

That would be why they're asking people how much they would pay for it.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:08 pm

Just watched Impact.

Yay! Bobby Roode and Austin Aries are Tag-Champs! That is good news!

Boo! No Daniels and Kazarian!

Yay! Rockstar Spud!

Boo! Aces & Eights losing again, how can a dominant invading force lose so much?

Yay! Bully Ray hulking up was kind of cool.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Also, the Antonio Cesaro/Sin Cara match from Smackdown was awesome, that one move where Sin Cara flipped Cesaro in mid-air was genius.

Plus, you know, Cesaro.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum