Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:32 pm

syxxpakk wrote:That would be why they're asking people how much they would pay for it.

It would have to be in this form. I just can't see the market supporting a basic/expanded cable wrestling channel.

I always saw this thing as being more of a platform for WWE-produced movies than 30 yr-old wrestling shows anyway.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Advertisement

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:44 pm

That's not what it's for. It's a vanity project if anything.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:02 pm

syxxpakk wrote:That's not what it's for. It's a vanity project if anything.

So are WWE Films. What's your point? :lol:

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:10 pm

That you were incorrect in what you thought the WWE Network is for. Vince has wanted to do this for years. It's not a platform for his 12 movies.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:18 pm

syxxpakk wrote:That you were incorrect in what you thought the WWE Network is for. Vince has wanted to do this for years. It's not a platform for his 12 movies.

There are about two dozen or so WWE Films that have been produced. Sadly, I can see these getting more viewers than 30 yr-old WCCW or Mid-South Wrestling shows.

- Sons of the Desert

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:35 pm

There's been like 15 but whatever. No, the idea is for a wrestling-content heavy channel. That's why they've been buying up so much territorial footage for the last decade or so.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:20 pm

syxxpakk wrote:There's been like 15 but whatever. No, the idea is for a wrestling-content heavy channel. That's why they've been buying up so much territorial footage for the last decade or so.

Here's the whole list of WWE Studios productions or co-productions. (Includes Made-for-DVD stuff)

As co-producer

The Scorpion King (2002) starring The Rock
The Rundown (2003) starring The Rock and Seann William Scott with Christopher Walken
Walking Tall (2004) starring The Rock and Johnny Knoxville
Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia (2009) direct-to-DVD)- starring Mr. Kennedy
Christmas Bounty (2013) (with ABC Family) - starring The Miz
Scooby Doo: The Curse of the Ghost Bear [7] (2014) (with Warner Bros. Animation and Hanna-Barbera) with Triple H, John Cena, Kane, The Miz, Brodus Clay, Santino Marella, Sin Cara, AJ Lee and Vince McMahon.

As sole producer

The Mania of WrestleMania (2004) A documentary film following the WWE roster through WrestleMania XIX
See No Evil (2006) starring Kane and Michael J. Pagan
The Marine (2006) starring John Cena and Kelly Carlson
The Condemned (2007) starring Stone Cold Steve Austin, Vinnie Jones, and Nathan Jones
12 Rounds (2009) starring John Cena, Nick Gomez and Taylor Cole
The Marine 2 (2009, Direct-to-DVD) starring Ted Dibiase Jr, Lara Cox, Temuera Morrison, Robert Coleby, and Michael Rooker
Legendary (2010) starring Danny Glover, John Cena, and Patricia Clarkson
Knucklehead (2010) starring (The) Big Show and Mark Feuerstein
The Chaperone (2011) starring Triple H and Ariel Winter
That's What I Am (2011) with Randy Orton
Inside Out (2011) starring Triple H with Michael Rapaport
The Reunion (2011) starring John Cena and Amy Smart
Bending the Rules (2012) starring Edge with Jamie Kennedy
The Day (2012) [8] starring Shawn Ashmore, Ashley Bell, Michael Eklund, Cory Hardrict, Dominic Monaghan, and Shannyn Sossamon
Barricade (2012) [8] starring Eric McCormack
The Marine 3: Homefront (2013, Direct-to-DVD) [8] starring The Miz, Neal McDonough, Michael Eklund and Ashley Bell
Dead Man Down (2013) [9] starring Colin Farrell, Terrence Howard, Noomi Rapace, and Dominic Cooper with Wade Barrett
The Call (2013) [9] starring Halle Berry, Abigail Breslin and Michael Eklund with David Otunga
No One Lives (2013) [8] starring Brodus Clay and Luke Evans
Les reines du ring (2013) with CM Punk, Eve, and The Miz
Leprechaun: Origins (2013) [8] starring Hornswoggle
12 Rounds: Reloaded (2013) starring Randy Orton
Bermuda (2013) [9]
Interrogation (2014) [9]
Missing In Action (2014)[10]

I can imagine WWE dropping at least a couple of them on the schedule every week. Probably when RAW is on USA or when Smackdown is on Syfy.

- Sons of the Desert

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:54 pm

1. See No Evil (2006) starring Kane and Michael J. Pagan
2. The Marine (2006) starring John Cena and Kelly Carlson
3. The Condemned (2007) starring Stone Cold Steve Austin, Vinnie Jones, and Nathan Jones
4. 12 Rounds (2009) starring John Cena, Nick Gomez and Taylor Cole
5. The Marine 2 (2009, Direct-to-DVD) starring Ted Dibiase Jr, Lara Cox, Temuera Morrison, Robert Coleby, and Michael Rooker
6. Legendary (2010) starring Danny Glover, John Cena, and Patricia Clarkson
7. Knucklehead (2010) starring (The) Big Show and Mark Feuerstein
8. The Chaperone (2011) starring Triple H and Ariel Winter
9. That's What I Am (2011) with Randy Orton
10. Inside Out (2011) starring Triple H with Michael Rapaport
11. The Reunion (2011) starring John Cena and Amy Smart
12. Bending the Rules (2012) starring Edge with Jamie Kennedy
13. The Day (2012) [8] starring Shawn Ashmore, Ashley Bell, Michael Eklund, Cory Hardrict, Dominic Monaghan, and Shannyn Sossamon
14. Barricade (2012) [8] starring Eric McCormack

So if you could include No Holds Barred, that's 15, so far, like I said. Why you opted to include shit that hasn't come out, wasn't really theirs, and documentaries? No clue, but that's Nacireman for you! Anyway, your idea of them showing them on TV once a week? Yeah. That's more in line with what will happen. But the Network will not be more for promoting their movies than having a bunch of 30-year old wrestling, as you put it.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:25 am

syxxpakk wrote:1. See No Evil (2006) starring Kane and Michael J. Pagan
2. The Marine (2006) starring John Cena and Kelly Carlson
3. The Condemned (2007) starring Stone Cold Steve Austin, Vinnie Jones, and Nathan Jones
4. 12 Rounds (2009) starring John Cena, Nick Gomez and Taylor Cole
5. The Marine 2 (2009, Direct-to-DVD) starring Ted Dibiase Jr, Lara Cox, Temuera Morrison, Robert Coleby, and Michael Rooker
6. Legendary (2010) starring Danny Glover, John Cena, and Patricia Clarkson
7. Knucklehead (2010) starring (The) Big Show and Mark Feuerstein
8. The Chaperone (2011) starring Triple H and Ariel Winter
9. That's What I Am (2011) with Randy Orton
10. Inside Out (2011) starring Triple H with Michael Rapaport
11. The Reunion (2011) starring John Cena and Amy Smart
12. Bending the Rules (2012) starring Edge with Jamie Kennedy
13. The Day (2012) [8] starring Shawn Ashmore, Ashley Bell, Michael Eklund, Cory Hardrict, Dominic Monaghan, and Shannyn Sossamon
14. Barricade (2012) [8] starring Eric McCormack

So if you could include No Holds Barred, that's 15, so far, like I said. Why you opted to include shit that hasn't come out, wasn't really theirs, and documentaries? No clue, but that's Nacireman for you! Anyway, your idea of them showing them on TV once a week? Yeah. That's more in line with what will happen. But the Network will not be more for promoting their movies than having a bunch of 30-year old wrestling, as you put it.

I don't see a problem with WWE being able to show Scorpion King or The Rundown, with their connections with Universal (i.e. RAW and Smackdown on USA & SyFy).

I would expect there would be more than just one movie a week if this is gonna be premium (i.e no commercials). I'd say there would be at least two, which would air when RAW and Smackdown are on. Doubt WWE wants to have any wrestling or original reality show stuff competing with those shows, at least at the start.

- Sons of the Desert

kingbeavis
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingbeavis » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:55 am

Best internets argument ever. They have 168 hours of programming a week to fill. Regardless of how many movies they have, there is no way they are going to fill all that time with just movies. They have hours and hours and hours of wrestling that they own and I would think on days when there is no wrestling, like Tuesday and Thursday, they could easily fill that with old shows. I personally would love to watch old Prime Time shows with Gorilla and Bobby as hosts, as well as the new format with the studio audience with Bobby and Sean Mooney or Vince.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:35 am

If you're saying they're going to air movies on the Network, sure I agree. Probably once a week, maybe twice. But your original assessment that the Network will be more for promoting their movies instead of old wrestling shows is wrong. And what you're saying now (two movies a week) doesn't jive with that assessment, either. The selling point of the network is going to be wrestling content.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:27 am

ROH is kind of droll these days.

kingbeavis
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingbeavis » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:35 pm

Mr. Perfect died 10 years ago today. :-(

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:30 pm

kingbeavis wrote:Best internets argument ever. They have 168 hours of programming a week to fill. Regardless of how many movies they have, there is no way they are going to fill all that time with just movies. They have hours and hours and hours of wrestling that they own and I would think on days when there is no wrestling, like Tuesday and Thursday, they could easily fill that with old shows. I personally would love to watch old Prime Time shows with Gorilla and Bobby as hosts, as well as the new format with the studio audience with Bobby and Sean Mooney or Vince.

You would, but are there enough people out there (especially in the 18-35 "money demo") who would do the same? I doubt it.

I expect that that if the WWE shows any wrestling shown during the week, it'll be stuff from the 90's onwards. Maybe pre-90's stuff gets shown around 3AM or something.

- Sons of the Desert

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 20 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:34 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
You would, but are there enough people out there (especially in the 18-35 "money demo") who would do the same? I doubt it.

I expect that that if the WWE shows any wrestling shown during the week, it'll be stuff from the 90's onwards. Maybe pre-90's stuff gets shown around 3AM or something.

It probably won't be prime time, because that will be original programming, but I could easily see them putting it on during the day.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum