Thursday, December 8, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Where your childhood dreams don't have to die alone."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:05 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:I just signed up for a yoga class after seeing that pic. It looks like three generations there.

And sadly, Scott Hall looks like the great-granddad there.

T.S.S.-72

Rain Partier

Postby T.S.S.-72 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:05 pm

I like it, looks classic but modern, can change up the side plates for whoever has the belt, I like it a lot!

T.S.S.-72

Rain Partier

Postby T.S.S.-72 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:10 pm

"No I want that one" - CM Punk

That was awesome!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:11 pm

If classic WWE booking is in play (like it was last week and RAW before the Rumble), the Cena goes over next week. That would actually make a lot of sense as Cena will be getting the monkey off his back going into WM (one of the two guys he supposedly can't beat).

I've read this idea several times, but it'd be really cool if next week the lights go out and we all assume it's the Shield, but instead the Taker has returned.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:I like it, looks classic but modern, can change up the side plates for whoever has the belt, I like it a lot!

So they're for the wrestler..ERRR WWE Superstar's personal icon? I think the nameplate is classier.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Good episode of RAW tonight even if it was basically a go-home show for... Next week's RAW.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:13 pm

syxxpakk wrote:If classic WWE booking is in play (like it was last week and RAW before the Rumble), the Cena goes over next week. That would actually make a lot of sense as Cena will be getting the monkey off his back going into WM (one of the two guys he supposedly can't beat).

I've read this idea several times, but it'd be really cool if next week the lights go out and we all assume it's the Shield, but instead the Taker has returned.

That, or they're setting it up for a 3-way at WM.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:14 pm

I predict next week's RAW sets the stage for Triple H/Brock Lesnar II. Also, given WM is on April 7, you realistically hold off Taker for another week if necessary.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:16 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
That, or they're setting it up for a 3-way at WM.

I have a feeling you're going to be devastated if that doesn't happen. I mean you've been opposing Rock/Cena 2 since last summer when I said it would happen.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:25 pm

I mean I can see the reasoning behind Punk being put in the match, but in my mind it's for all the wrong reasons. Putting him in there because you have no plans for him otherwise is silly and dilutes the main event of Wrestlemania. If this had been Punk vs. Rock for three years, and they were trying to put Cena in at the last minute - I think the general feeling would be different.

But they've been building to this for three years - John Cena getting this win. Throwing Punk into the mix dilutes that IMO. And it's very rare they do things to ruin their big Cena moments.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:27 pm

Oh, awesome. Apparently my dvr was approaching capacity. How do I know? Cause 35 minutes into Raw, it quit recording. :(

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Although there is precedent in WWE for screwing the pooch in this regard. In 2008 when Cena won the Rumble, he ended up having his match at No Way Out (a losing effort). I remember at the time that they had this great storyline in place: Randy Orton was the man who ended Cena's epic reign (in storyline anyway), and here was Cena coming for revenge. Alas, it didn't get the Wrestlemania spot it deserved.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:59 pm

The World Heavyweight Championship is still the most prestigious looking of all the titles.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:20 am

syxxpakk wrote:I mean I can see the reasoning behind Punk being put in the match, but in my mind it's for all the wrong reasons. Putting him in there because you have no plans for him otherwise is silly and dilutes the main event of Wrestlemania. If this had been Punk vs. Rock for three years, and they were trying to put Cena in at the last minute - I think the general feeling would be different.

But they've been building to this for three years - John Cena getting this win. Throwing Punk into the mix dilutes that IMO. And it's very rare they do things to ruin their big Cena moments.

A lot of it may have to do with whether or not the Undertaker is going to be ready for WM 29, but it doesn't sound like he thinks he's 100% ready or willing to wrestle this year.

Though his rumored match with CM Punk at WrestleMania 29 is still in jeopardy due to his physical state, it sounds as though the Undertaker won't be done whether he wrestles there or not. It is believed he would like to have a final match at some point, most likely WrestleMania 30, before retiring. The word on the street is that Taker has been training in preparation for a match this year, but the biggest hang up is that Taker needs to feel like he can put on a quality match, and he may not feel that way this year.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:24 am

kingbeavis wrote:
Jake Roberts, age 57
DDP, age 56
Scott Hall, age 54

Paige looks like he hasn't aged a bit since the 90s. Jake well some, but damn Hall just looks the worse.

leave a comment with facebook