Sunday, December 11, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "We put the "O" in OCD."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:51 am

Here's the line-up for tonight's ROH iPPV - 11th Anniversary Show.

ROH World Championship
Kevin Steen defends against Jay Lethal

ROH World Tag Team Championship
The Briscoes defend against Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly

Dream Tag Team Match
The American Wolves (Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards) vs The Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov)

2 Out of 3 Falls - Truth Martini is Banned from Ringside
"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs Roderick Strong

ROH World TV Championship
Adam Cole defends against the winner of the 2013 Top Prospect Tournament, Matt Taven w/ Truth Martini

NO HOLDS BARRED
"The Outlaw" Charlie Haas vs BJ Whitmer

Grudge Tag Team Match
SCUM (Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino) vs Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

Six Man Mayhem
"God's Gift" QT Marshall vs. ACH vs. Silas Young vs. Mike Sydal vs. Adam Page vs. Tadarius Thomas

In the last year, more shows have underwhelmed (on the ROH scale anyway) than normal, but there seems to be an uptick in quality since Glory by Honor 10. While there's not a whole lot of a buzz to this one, I think the ones with the lack of buzz tend to deliver the most. Anyway, it's only $14.99 so you check it out.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:51 am

Also, as a side note, ROH has outlasted ECW 8)

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:29 am

Sunless wrote:The good thing about a Cena/Orton feud is I'll only have to fast forward potentially one segment instead of two

:lol:

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:31 am

Lord Simian wrote:
There was a HUGE banner that said "if Cena wins we riot".

Lets hope some smart ass has one at Mania. :P

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:34 am

syxxpakk wrote:Here's the line-up for tonight's ROH iPPV - 11th Anniversary Show.

In the last year, more shows have underwhelmed (on the ROH scale anyway) than normal, but there seems to be an uptick in quality since Glory by Honor 10. While there's not a whole lot of a buzz to this one, I think the ones with the lack of buzz tend to deliver the most. Anyway, it's only $14.99 so you check it out.

I'd like to see Elgin/Strong.

Have you gotten one of the PPVs from the new provider? I'm thinking of getting next month's show, those are always good.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:09 am

I have and they work very well. I'm really excited to AirPlay the iPPV tonight with my AppleTV!

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:24 pm

I think "The Outlaw" Charlie Haas is the funniest thing I've seen so far this year.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Smackdown thoughts...

Alberto Del Rio Vs Damien Sandow was a very good match, even though Sandow has been losing to the likes of Del Rio and Sheamus, he has looked good in the matches and it feels like he belongs there, mixing it up with the big names. I mean, he and Cody are the only 2 lower-level guys who got to interact with The Rock. Sandow, a possible Money In The Bank winner?

Miz Vs Cesaro was great again, this feud has been going on for too long, but all the matches have been good. This one was 2 out of 3 falls, and the extended length made for a top match. It was really dumb to have one of the falls happen in a commercial break though, I'm not going to download your dumb app! Stop it! But yeah, Miz and Cesaro have good chemistry, but I kind of just want this to be over so they both can move on, Cesaro needs to be WWE or Heavyweight Champ!

Team Hell No Vs PTP was a fun reversal from last week, it was surprising that PTP actually won, and the Goat-Face mask was hilarious. I wonder, are they actually blindfolded? I think they pretty much have to see to be able to nail the comedy bits, but both Kane and Bryan are good enough that they probably actually could do it sightless.

Swagger and Colter continue to be awesome villains, and cemented it by going after JR. I liked how they used continuity of JR being the guy who recruited Swagger to the WWE in the first place, and how they raised up the possibility of 'brain-washing' again, which could be a way to face-turn Swagger at the end of this. This is just a great feud, I can't wait to see Del Rio punch Swagger's lights out, and for Ricardo to do the same to Zeb.

Fandango is both terrible and awesome at the same time, I love it! The way he rubs himself is just creepy.

Orton Vs Big Show was decent, I liked that he did his rope-DDT thing or whatever on Show, and that there was a new wrinkle in The Shield run-in, they haven't gone after bad guys before, and they kind of forgot about Big Show, until he popped Reigns in the head. Great unexpected moment, and it made sense that they would be afraid of a pissed-off Show.

The version of Smackdown I saw didn't have any Social Media BS, I think because it was the UK version, but it was probably better for it.

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:51 pm

Punchy wrote:Smackdown thoughts...

Alberto Del Rio Vs Damien Sandow was a very good match, even though Sandow has been losing to the likes of Del Rio and Sheamus, he has looked good in the matches and it feels like he belongs there, mixing it up with the big names. I mean, he and Cody are the only 2 lower-level guys who got to interact with The Rock. Sandow, a possible Money In The Bank winner?

Miz Vs Cesaro was great again, this feud has been going on for too long, but all the matches have been good. This one was 2 out of 3 falls, and the extended length made for a top match. It was really dumb to have one of the falls happen in a commercial break though, I'm not going to download your dumb app! Stop it! But yeah, Miz and Cesaro have good chemistry, but I kind of just want this to be over so they both can move on, Cesaro needs to be WWE or Heavyweight Champ!

Team Hell No Vs PTP was a fun reversal from last week, it was surprising that PTP actually won, and the Goat-Face mask was hilarious. I wonder, are they actually blindfolded? I think they pretty much have to see to be able to nail the comedy bits, but both Kane and Bryan are good enough that they probably actually could do it sightless.

Swagger and Colter continue to be awesome villains, and cemented it by going after JR. I liked how they used continuity of JR being the guy who recruited Swagger to the WWE in the first place, and how they raised up the possibility of 'brain-washing' again, which could be a way to face-turn Swagger at the end of this. This is just a great feud, I can't wait to see Del Rio punch Swagger's lights out, and for Ricardo to do the same to Zeb.

Fandango is both terrible and awesome at the same time, I love it! The way he rubs himself is just creepy.

Orton Vs Big Show was decent, I liked that he did his rope-DDT thing or whatever on Show, and that there was a new wrinkle in The Shield run-in, they haven't gone after bad guys before, and they kind of forgot about Big Show, until he popped Reigns in the head. Great unexpected moment, and it made sense that they would be afraid of a pissed-off Show.

The version of Smackdown I saw didn't have any Social Media BS, I think because it was the UK version, but it was probably better for it.

so next week, show takes on the shield, when Ryback comes to help show something happens and it's Big Show vs. Ryback at mania.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:32 pm

Juan Cena wrote:It's why I think Taker vs. Cena would be a good idea. Fans would be rooting for Taker no matter what. If WWE made the match the RAW after WM 29, there could be a full year of Taker f**king with Cena's mind, eventually making him go full Dark Cena around Royal Rumble. Couple months heel turn, then Cena can go back to "normal" day after WM XXX like HBK did after facing Hogan.

Taker vs. Cena won't be set up a year in advance for 2 reasons.

1.) Who knows if the Undertaker will be in any kind of shape to wrestle one year from now. :smt102

2.) It won't mean as much since CM Punk will end the streak this year. :-D

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Grayson wrote:
Taker vs. Cena won't be set up a year in advance for 2 reasons.

1.) Who knows if the Undertaker will be in any kind of shape to wrestle one year from now. :smt102

2.) It won't mean as much since CM Punk will end the streak this year. :-D

You have a point with the first one. The last...not so much.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:56 pm

Given your right/wrong ratio so far, I think this means Punk might actually end the streak :shock:

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:04 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Given your right/wrong ratio so far, I think this means Punk might actually end the streak :shock:

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:38 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:So on the end of Impact was that the President of the Club that Angle ripped the mask off of? His reaction leads me to believe it was with Samoa Joe or Hulk Hogan under the mask.

Bully

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:14 pm

Bully was in the ring then wasn't he? I'm betting it's D-Lo Brown.

BTW, that's the VP. The President himself has never been shown on camera.

leave a comment with facebook