Thursday, December 8, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "We're the god damn Outhousers."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:48 pm

They occasionally just say "Knox".

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Scott Hall's story just keeps getting sadder....a donation page so he can afford hip replacement surgery:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/we-can-rebuild-him

Unfortunately, we didn't know just how broken Scott's body was. At the young age of 54, Scott has had a pacemaker, and difibrillator implanted for his heart, and he can barely walk due to extreme arthritis in his hip. Unless he gets a hip replacement, he will be unable to do the necessary exercise in order to get his health back. Without medical insurance, Scott's inability to pay for the procedures he needs are a major hurdle to his physical recovery.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:12 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Scott Hall's story just keeps getting sadder....a donation page so he can afford hip replacement surgery:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/we-can-rebuild-him

Wow, it just gets sadder and sadder doesn't it. :(

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:30 am

Stephen Day wrote:
Wow, it just gets sadder and sadder doesn't it. :(

figure if his friends believe that this treatment DDP is giving him is working, and I really hope it does continue to work, that they would be about to take a big chunk out of that 80k, HHH or WWE alone can pay for most of it

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:11 am

Just watched Smackdown...

Brad Maddox was on commentary and it was amazing and hilarious. I barely remember any of the Ryback/Sandow match because the commentary was so good. Get Maddox on Raw instead of Jerry Lawler!

Speaking of Ryback, they are teasing a Wrestlemania match between him and Mark Henry, which could be glorious destruction.

Much to my delight they are continuing to develop the Kaitlyn/Cody Rhodes romance, and the back-stage segment with Cody and Damien discussing her was great.

Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez's parody of Swagger and Zeb was pretty funny, I especially liked Ricardo trying to eat his own stomach.

ADR's match with Ziggler was only OK, they had to go through a lot of shenanigans with AJ, Big E and Ricardo on the outside, which, whilst enjoyable, meant the match took 5 minutes to get going. I suppose it was necessary to explain why Dolph doesn't cash in.

The back-stage segment between AJ and Daniel Bryan was very interesting, both because it actually used continuity, and also for what it promises for the future. Could Daniel Bryan be Dolph's first feud when he becomes Champ?

Team Hell No beat 3MB in a fun match, it was interesting to see commentary actually sort of big up 3MB, mentioning their past title reigns, rather than treat them like a joke.

Fan... Dan... Go... is still funny to me, but I don't know how much longer he can go by not wrestling.

The Big Show/Sheamus thing was decent, a bit repetitive of last week with The Shield running in, but before that, it was a very good match. I do like how they are positioning Big Show here, he's fighting The Shield, but he's still a heel and he still hates Sheamus and Orton. This should make for an intriguing match at Wrestlemania where the WWE team can't trust each other.

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:31 am

I'm really enjoying SmackDown right now, if only it spent more time focusing on itself, and less time recapping Raw.

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:33 am

Also, Brad Maddox looking off camera and saying "No... no autographs" whilst Cole was trying to set up the next segment had me in stitches.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:36 am

KING King Impulse wrote:I'm really enjoying SmackDown right now, if only it spent more time focusing on itself, and less time recapping Raw.

Yeah, Smackdown probably is better. It's shorter, JBL and Josh Matthews are much better on commentary than Cole and Lawler, there's less shilling for the App and Tout and Twitter, and you pretty much get to see Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus and Ziggler wrestle every week.

There are too many recaps, but I fast-forward through most of them (all of them this week except the CM Punk/Undertaker one).

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:44 am

Punchy wrote:
Yeah, Smackdown probably is better. It's shorter, JBL and Josh Matthews are much better on commentary than Cole and Lawler, there's less shilling for the App and Tout and Twitter, and you pretty much get to see Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus and Ziggler wrestle every week.

There are too many recaps, but I fast-forward through most of them (all of them this week except the CM Punk/Undertaker one).

To be fair, I did miss Raw this week, but it feels like Smackdown needs recaps on Raw, more than Raw needs recaps on Smackdown, if they ever want SD to have relevance again.

It used to be required viewing to watch both, but now I know a load of people who just skip it.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:51 am

KING King Impulse wrote:To be fair, I did miss Raw this week, but it feels like Smackdown needs recaps on Raw, more than Raw needs recaps on Smackdown, if they ever want SD to have relevance again.

It used to be required viewing to watch both, but now I know a load of people who just skip it.

Was that back when they treated Raw and Smackdown like separate companies? Maybe they should do something like that, where the only place you can see the action around the World Heavyweight Championship is Smackdown.

Also, I imagine if CM Punk or John Cena appeared on Smackdown more regularly, people would pay more attention to it.

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Punchy wrote:
Was that back when they treated Raw and Smackdown like separate companies? Maybe they should do something like that, where the only place you can see the action around the World Heavyweight Championship is Smackdown.

Also, I imagine if CM Punk or John Cena appeared on Smackdown more regularly, people would pay more attention to it.

Well, that was the reasoning behind moving Sheamus and Orton there, but if you can see them on Raw as well, what's the point of watching SmackDown. I think it was around 03 when you had the famous SmackDown six. Angle, Edge, Rey, Benoit, Eddie and Chavo, all at the top of their game.

I also really enjoyed 09 when you had Punk v Hardy, and Mysterio v Jericho at the same time, the two best feuds of that year. You also had John Morrison getting legitimate wins over both Punk and Hardy and looking like a genuine peer. Then Hardy left the company, Punk got decimated by Taker for dress code violations, and Morrison moved to Raw and never got anywhere near the top again.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:28 pm

KING King Impulse wrote:Well, that was the reasoning behind moving Sheamus and Orton there, but if you can see them on Raw as well, what's the point of watching SmackDown. I think it was around 03 when you had the famous SmackDown six. Angle, Edge, Rey, Benoit, Eddie and Chavo, all at the top of their game.

I also really enjoyed 09 when you had Punk v Hardy, and Mysterio v Jericho at the same time, the two best feuds of that year. You also had John Morrison getting legitimate wins over both Punk and Hardy and looking like a genuine peer. Then Hardy left the company, Punk got decimated by Taker for dress code violations, and Morrison moved to Raw and never got anywhere near the top again.

Dress code violations?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Apparently TNA let Bobby Roode's contract run out and didn't realise... he may not be at Lockdown tonight.

Fucking hell TNA!

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Punchy wrote:
Dress code violations?

The rumour at the time was that Taker was really unhappy that CM Punk didn't dress like a champion, and CM Punk didn't really care what Taker thought.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:10 pm

KING King Impulse wrote:The rumour at the time was that Taker was really unhappy that CM Punk didn't dress like a champion

This is the kind of story that really bugs me. What does that really mean? How can a guy who regularly dresses like the Undertaker go around saying what is or is not appropriate for other wrestlers to wear? What's wrong with the way CM Punk dresses? :smt102

leave a comment with facebook