Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1466 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Grayson » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Punchy wrote:I fucking love that the topic of discussion on this thread is now D-Lo Brown's ears, that is amazing.

Well, D-Lo always used to say "you better recognize." Too bad it took a decade for us to recognize what it was. :smt102
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Grayson wrote:
Well, D-Lo always used to say "you better recognize." Too bad it took a decade for us to recognize what it was. :smt102

I used to really like D-Lo back in his WWE European Championship Days, he was underrated as fuck,

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Prodigal Son
Formerly: King Impulse

Postby KING King Impulse » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:56 pm

As someone with incredibly tiny ears, I have a newfound respect for D-Lo's plight.
THE ENTHUSIAST: The Internet's Premier Hate Free Zone!

| Website | Twitter | Facebook |

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:58 pm

KING King Impulse wrote:As someone with incredibly tiny ears, I have a newfound respect for D-Lo's plight.

Has it led you to join the cause of A HIGHER POWER like Aces & Eights?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Also, there's a petition to make May 20th National Macho Man Day

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/designate-may-20th-macho-man-randy-savage-day/2H6B8pnP

OOOOOOOH YEAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:02 pm

Punchy wrote:I used to really like D-Lo back in his WWE European Championship Days, he was underrated as fuck,

Me too and I agree with you about him being underrated. D-Lo was a great mid-card superstar and it's really unfortunate that he only held the Intercontinental title once. WWE could have done so much more with him but he really was eclipsed by the rise of so many other superstars at the time.
ImageImageImage

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:06 pm

Grayson wrote:
Me too and I agree with you about him being underrated. D-Lo was a great mid-card superstar and it's really unfortunate that he only held the Intercontinental title once. WWE could have done so much more with him but he really was eclipsed by the rise of so many other superstars at the time.

My wrestling knowledge before 2012 is basically frozen at whatever was going on in WWF No Mercy for the N64 so I liked D-Lo on that game and I like him now.

It is a bit odd to have some guy who hasn't been on TV for ages be revealed as a key member of the invading stable, but if D-Lo is indeed a big player behind the scenes, then it's a cool reveal.

I

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:13 pm

BRING BACK THE NEXUS

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:22 pm

Punchy wrote:My wrestling knowledge before 2012 is basically frozen at whatever was going on in WWF No Mercy for the N64 so I liked D-Lo on that game and I like him now.

No Mercy is still, hands down, one of the best wrestling video games ever made!

It is a bit odd to have some guy who hasn't been on TV for ages be revealed as a key member of the invading stable, but if D-Lo is indeed a big player behind the scenes, then it's a cool reveal.

The whole Aces & Eights thing just seems like a totally mismanaged gimmick. It seems like somebody at TNA watched a couple episodes of Sons of Anarchy and thought it would make a good gimmick. What they forgot to do was include a good reason why these guys got together in the first place or even attempt to make the characters in the stable compelling. As it stands right now, they just keep throwing random guys into the mix without anything that even resembles a plan. These guys have been around since June 2012 and the only title they have held is Devon's Television Championship? That doesn't make for a very menacing group. Aces & Eights currently have 8 members, 6 of whom are active wrestlers. Put two of those guys together as an active tag team. Better yet, this is supposed to be an outlaw motorcycle group? Bring back the Freebird Rule and allow them to run roughshod over the tag team division.
ImageImageImage

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:30 pm

Grayson wrote:
No Mercy is still, hands down, one of the best wrestling video games ever made!

The whole Aces & Eights thing just seems like a totally mismanaged gimmick. It seems like somebody at TNA watched a couple episodes of Sons of Anarchy and thought it would make a good gimmick. What they forgot to do was include a good reason why these guys got together in the first place or even attempt to make the characters in the stable compelling. As it stands right now, they just keep throwing random guys into the mix without anything that even resembles a plan. These guys have been around since June 2012 and the only title they have held is Devon's Television Championship? That doesn't make for a very menacing group. Aces & Eights currently have 8 members, 6 of whom are active wrestlers. Put two of those guys together as an active tag team. Better yet, this is supposed to be an outlaw motorcycle group? Bring back the Freebird Rule and allow them to run roughshod over the tag team division.

I think Aces & Eights would work if they weren't such cowards, they run away as soon as more than 2 wrestlers show up (and that includes cripples like Hulk Hogan and Sting).

It's a shocking comparison when you compare them to The Shield (who are not afraid of anyone and have beaten all the top WWE faces (including Cena).

But most of the guys in Aces & Eights are pretty awesome... All except Wes Brisco (I even like Garrett Bischoff because he's so hateable and he's not that bad in-ring). Devon is good, Mr Anderson is good, Mike Knox is good, DOC is awesome (he wouldn't be friends with CM Punk if otherwise). But the total does not add up to the sum.

I think Aces & Eights need to win Lockdown and reveal a big name as leader so as not to be a fucking joke.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 347 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:34 pm

The problem for me is that they don't have any impressive wins under their belt. For the better part of this year I think I can count on one hand the wins they've had.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:37 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:The problem for me is that they don't have any impressive wins under their belt. For the better part of this year I think I can count on one hand the wins they've had.

Yeah, their win record is about the same as 3MB's.

And imagine if WWE treated 3MB as a real force, that's Aces & Eights for ya.

(And I fucking like 3MB)

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:39 pm

And that should hardly be the case seeing you've got Knox and DOC on the team.

Jobbing out Brisco and Garrett (what a way to kill the stable by throwing in the least talented but in any major promotion) should've been the approach.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:44 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:And that should hardly be the case seeing you've got Knox and DOC on the team.

Jobbing out Brisco and Garrett (what a way to kill the stable by throwing in the least talented but in any major promotion) should've been the approach.

The thing that annoys me about Aces & Eights is that they haven't even bothered giving Mike Knox a name. He was mentioned as 'Mike Knox from WWE' when he was first unmasked, but since then... nada. If you can't even be bothered to rebrand your new guys... what's the point?

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:48 pm

They occasionally just say "Knox".

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum