Wednesday, September 19, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Magneto was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Watching 2008 ROH DVDs makes me wonder why the video and sound quality were better then than now.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Also, Undertaker can say whatever he wants because he's earned that right. Lots of jobs shows favoritism to seniority, wrestling isn't any different. The true irony, of course, is it happening to Punk considering how he used to act in ROH.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:29 pm

Grayson wrote:
This is the kind of story that really bugs me. What does that really mean? How can a guy who regularly dresses like the Undertaker go around saying what is or is not appropriate for other wrestlers to wear? What's wrong with the way CM Punk dresses? :smt102

Cause he isn't stylin' and profilin'? :smt017

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:29 pm

KING King Impulse wrote:The rumour at the time was that Taker was really unhappy that CM Punk didn't dress like a champion, and CM Punk didn't really care what Taker thought.

Is that it? I thought it had to do with the "arrive to the arena in dress slacks and nice shirts" rule that WWE instituted, and selectivly enforced by ignoring main eventers dressing like shlubs...

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:31 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Also, Undertaker can say whatever he wants because he's earned that right. Lots of jobs shows favoritism to seniority, wrestling isn't any different. The true irony, of course, is it happening to Punk considering how he used to act in ROH.

Ok but what is so wrong with the way CM Punk dresses? :smt102

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Probably looked like a bum. I can see him walking in with gym shorts and a ratty t-shirt.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Juan Cena wrote:Cause he isn't stylin' and profilin'? :smt017

:lol:

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:38 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Probably looked like a bum. I can see him walking in with gym shorts and a ratty t-shirt.

That dirty Cubs hat he always wears.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Lord Simian wrote:I thought it had to do with the "arrive to the arena in dress slacks and nice shirts" rule that WWE instituted, and selectivly enforced by ignoring main eventers dressing like shlubs...

Great, now all I can think about is Kane showing up to a live show pulling his little wheeled suitcase while wearing a nice shirt and dress slacks but still wearing his mask.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:44 pm

Grayson wrote:
Great, now all I can think about is Kane showing up to a live show pulling his little wheeled suitcase while wearing a nice shirt and dress slacks but still wearing his mask.

That's an awesome image. You're welcome.

But think of wrestling days gone bye. Imagine the same image, but change his clothes. Now he's pulling his wheeled suitcase, wearing a ratty tank top, zebra printed zubaz workout pants, and a dayglo fanny pack. Better? No, of course not. Thank you, Taker, for showing the new People's Champion how to dress like the Best in the World.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:56 pm

Lord Simian wrote:That's an awesome image. You're welcome.

:-D

But think of wrestling days gone bye. Imagine the same image, but change his clothes. Now he's pulling his wheeled suitcase, wearing a ratty tank top, zebra printed zubaz workout pants, and a dayglo fanny pack. Better? No, of course not. Thank you, Taker, for showing the new People's Champion how to dress like the Best in the World.

Yeah but on the other hand I don't believe for one second that the WWE is going to force somebody like John Cena to wear a nice shirt and dress slacks when he is just going to change right back into jean shorts and a t-shirt.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:05 pm

Given that John is a consummate company man, they probably don't have to force him to.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:05 pm

Grayson wrote:

Yeah but on the other hand I don't believe for one second that the WWE is going to force somebody like John Cena to wear a nice shirt and dress slacks when he is just going to change right back into jean shorts and a t-shirt.

There seriously needs to be a "Cena Wears Jean Shorts!" T-shirt.

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:10 pm

Grayson wrote:

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:13 pm

KING King Impulse wrote:Image

:shock:

That may be the ugliest suit I have ever seen. Now I understand why the WWE doesn't force Cena to dress up, he just has terrible taste.

leave a comment with facebook