Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Bert Macklin FBI
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 284 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Bert Macklin FBI » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:25 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Absolutely shocked on Troy's thoughts regarding Taker/Punk.

You shouldn't be, I change my mind about shit more than most people change their underwear. :wink:

For the record though I never said what they could do together wouldn't be amazing, just that I would have preferred something with Punk involving the WWE title and being in a match with Rock and Cena was already there waiting. I admit I was wrong and what he and Undertaker have done has been nothing short of amazing.

Advertisement

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
At least the whole story would make sense. It would make sense if The Shield were working for Lesnar bidding, as he doesn't show up on every RAW or PPV.

WWE should cast Lesnar as being more Bane-like (w/o the face mask). I liked the way he acted during the "contract negotiations" with Laurinaitis.

Three guys who are all about getting rid of the old guard running side-by-side with, well, a part-timer who represents the old guard, doesn't make sense to me.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 80 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:38 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
Three guys who are all about getting rid of the old guard running side-by-side with, well, a part-timer who represents the old guard, doesn't make sense to me.

It would be hard to call Lesnar "old-guard." He was really only around the WWE for a couple of years (2002-2004). It never sounded to me like he was tight with Vince and crew back in the day. Especially after he quit.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 635 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:39 pm

For months I have been hoping that a new Dangerous Alliance formed with Paul Heyman, Brock Lesnar, and the Shield but I would suspect that for that to happen, they would have to take CM Punk out. There would be no reason to have a stable like that with both Brock Lesnar AND CM Punk. Who knows, maybe the big swerve at Wrestlemania will be Paul Heyman turning on CM Punk which causes Punk to lose his match with the Undertaker or they attack both Punk and the Undertaker resulting in a No Contest. :smt102

syxxpakk wrote:Three guys who are all about getting rid of the old guard running side-by-side with, well, a part-timer who represents the old guard, doesn't make sense to me.

They say they are trying to get rid of the old guard but if they take out CM Punk at Wrestlemania, it could easily be explained that they were getting rid of the guys who have risen since Brock Lesnar left the WWE in 2004.
ImageImageImage

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:56 pm

Grayson wrote:For months I have been hoping that a new Dangerous Alliance formed with Paul Heyman, Brock Lesnar, and the Shield but I would suspect that for that to happen, they would have to take CM Punk out. There would be no reason to have a stable like that with both Brock Lesnar AND CM Punk. Who knows, maybe the big swerve at Wrestlemania will be Paul Heyman turning on CM Punk which causes Punk to lose his match with the Undertaker or they attack both Punk and the Undertaker resulting in a No Contest. :smt102

They say they are trying to get rid of the old guard but if they take out CM Punk at Wrestlemania, it could easily be explained that they were getting rid of the guys who have risen since Brock Lesnar left the WWE in 2004.

Or that Heyman used Punk out of necessity or convenience while Lesnar was away. Then took out Punk when he was of no more use to Heyman/Lesnar. (Thus providing a cover for Punk taking time off to recover from injuries after WM).

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 635 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:10 pm

Juan Cena wrote:Or that Heyman used Punk out of necessity or convenience while Lesnar was away. Then took out Punk when he was of no more use to Heyman/Lesnar. (Thus providing a cover for Punk taking time off to recover from injuries after WM).

It's possible. I mean, if the WWE swerved us and played the Rock/Cena thing for another month, Cena can win the title at Extreme Rules. He comes out on RAW the following night and is attacked by Brock Lesnar who demands a title shot. Cena is ready to accept but COO Triple H refuses to grant Lesnar a title shot because of his lose at Wrestlemania, saying that Lesnar hasn't earned it. The next month is filled with Lesnar attacking Cena during his matches, while Cena is booked to fight somebody like Chris Jericho at Payback and Lesnar gets put into some type of number one contender match. At Money in the Bank, Lesnar finally gets his match with Cena and wins the WWE Championship. He comes out on RAW the following night and claims that he has beaten and broken everybody the WWE has put in his way and that there is no longer anybody in the WWE that is any type of threat to him. Cue "Cult of Personality," the fans go crazy and the Best in the World returns to extract his revenge and get a title shot at Summerslam.

Damn, I just planned the WWE's main event for the next few months. Where's my paycheck?
ImageImageImage

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 164 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:25 pm

Michael Moody, the son of the late Bill Moody (a/k/a Paul Bearer) commented on the Undertaker and C.M. Punk angle that closed Monday's WWE Raw. "If anyone is wondering, yes, WWE did come to us wanting approval for tonight's storyline," Moody wrote on his Facebook page. "The way it was presented to us was ok. Seeing it on screen was a different story. I don't even know what to say."

it is pretty messed up.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:53 pm

Grayson wrote:
It's possible. I mean, if the WWE swerved us and played the Rock/Cena thing for another month, Cena can win the title at Extreme Rules. He comes out on RAW the following night and is attacked by Brock Lesnar who demands a title shot. Cena is ready to accept but COO Triple H refuses to grant Lesnar a title shot because of his lose at Wrestlemania, saying that Lesnar hasn't earned it. The next month is filled with Lesnar attacking Cena during his matches, while Cena is booked to fight somebody like Chris Jericho at Payback and Lesnar gets put into some type of number one contender match. At Money in the Bank, Lesnar finally gets his match with Cena and wins the WWE Championship. He comes out on RAW the following night and claims that he has beaten and broken everybody the WWE has put in his way and that there is no longer anybody in the WWE that is any type of threat to him. Cue "Cult of Personality," the fans go crazy and the Best in the World returns to extract his revenge and get a title shot at Summerslam.

Damn, I just planned the WWE's main event for the next few months. Where's my paycheck?

None of that will/could happen because Lesnar is on a certain number of dates and it would burn through too many of them too quickly.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:10 pm

Apparently Homicide is retiring.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:37 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
None of that will/could happen because Lesnar is on a certain number of dates and it would burn through too many of them too quickly.

Which is why you would have The Shield and whoever defects over to Team Lesnar to fill in the gaps between Brock's on-screen absences. Get someone like RyBack or Seamus (or even Cena) to go over to the darkside, and you have more than enough Main Events for the PPV's to cover for Brock's absences.

- Sons of the Desert

kingbeavis
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingbeavis » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:52 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Michael Moody, the son of the late Bill Moody (a/k/a Paul Bearer) commented on the Undertaker and C.M. Punk angle that closed Monday's WWE Raw. "If anyone is wondering, yes, WWE did come to us wanting approval for tonight's storyline," Moody wrote on his Facebook page. "The way it was presented to us was ok. Seeing it on screen was a different story. I don't even know what to say."

it is pretty messed up.

Don't care and nobody was wondering.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:06 am

kingbeavis wrote:
Don't care and nobody was wondering.

Don't care what you think either. It was a pretty classless way of piling heat on Punk and exploiting his death in that manner for weeks on end is messed up.

I keep expecting them to move past this to establish another stake in this feud but it never happens. And it was never funny as the crowd reaction reaffirmed.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:33 am

Wrestling is not supposed to be classy, I think this Punk/Undertaker has been amazing, it's entertaining, it's shocking, and it's managed to make people hate CM Punk and actually want him to lose, which is difficult to do.

The image of Punk rubbing the 'ashes' into his chest is iconic.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:53 am

Punchy wrote:Wrestling is not supposed to be classy, I think this Punk/Undertaker has been amazing, it's entertaining, it's shocking, and it's managed to make people hate CM Punk and actually want him to lose, which is difficult to do.

The image of Punk rubbing the 'ashes' into his chest is iconic.

it's retarded. and basically flies in the face of their family friendly branding.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:03 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
it's retarded. and basically flies in the face of their family friendly branding.

I thought most people were against the family-friendly PG stuff?

To be honest, the satanic nature of the Undertaker character himself flies in the face of PG.

It seems that the internet wants the 'Attitude Era' back, but when they get it, they don't like it.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum