Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

pastajoe
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 265 posts

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby pastajoe » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:08 am

fieldy snuts wrote:it's retarded. and basically flies in the face of their family friendly branding.

That's funny. The families that watch wrestling aren't going to stop because of that. This is the "family friendly" brand that had Mae Young give birth to a hand. This isn't the same demographic that watches Downton Abbey.

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 79 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:43 am

Punchy wrote:
I thought most people were against the family-friendly PG stuff?

To be honest, the satanic nature of the Undertaker character himself flies in the face of PG.

It seems that the internet wants the 'Attitude Era' back, but when they get it, they don't like it.

They want frat boy humor and cussing and divas in raunchy outfits, not wrestlers pouring the cremated remains of dead people on other wrestlers.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:05 am

Juan Cena wrote:
They want frat boy humor and cussing and divas in raunchy outfits, not wrestlers pouring the cremated remains of dead people on other wrestlers.

I'd rather have the latter than the former.

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 51 posts

Postby Bianco » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:18 am

It's WWE that sent out the statement, I think everyone was ok with the bit, 'taker himself wouldn't go through with it if he thought it was over the line.

To update yesterday’s post, WWE representative Adam Hopkins reached out and asked that we post the following text message that WWE officials received from Paul Bearer’s son Michael Moody regarding the closing segment on Monday’s RAW with CM Punk and The Undertaker:

TEXT FROM MICHAEL MOODY TO WWE:

“Hey. I woke up in time to watch the tail end of the show. What you explained would happen happened. Which is fine. Just it was a little difficult to watch it play out. I put a message on Facebook last night saying that we approved it but it wasn’t what I envisioned. That I didn’t have anything to say. Well woke up this morning and that quote is being used all over “media outlets”. For the record. I was fine w it. Was hard to watch but y’all are professionals and I trust.”

kingbeavis
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingbeavis » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:36 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Don't care what you think either. It was a pretty classless way of piling heat on Punk and exploiting his death in that manner for weeks on end is messed up.

I keep expecting them to move past this to establish another stake in this feud but it never happens. And it was never funny as the crowd reaction reaffirmed.

I meant for my post to be directed at him, not you. Sorry about that. However I feel the same way about Martha Hart being offended by WWE using Owen as well. Paul Bearer died but I think UT and CM Punk wouldn't have a problem speaking up if they felt the angle crossed the line. I think the issue is he had a different version in his head of what would happen from reading the script vs what happened on camera, not that he was appalled in the angle itself.

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 51 posts

Postby Bianco » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:04 pm

http://www.examiner.com/article/wwe-law ... s-likeness

The WWE lawsuit with Martha Hart, the widow of the late Owen Hart, has finally been settled. According to Rajah.com on April 3, the two sides finally came to an agreement on the royalties concerning using Owen's image.

The WWE lawsuit settlement was announced by Martha Hart, Vince McMahon and Linda McMahon on Wednesday. No details were revealed but it appears that the WWE will once again be able to use Owen Hart's likeness for future projects and will compensate Martha for the usage.

Owen Hart died in a tragic accident in 1999 at a WWE pay-per-view. He was portraying a superhero character known as the Blue Blazer and was repelling from the ceiling into the ring when the bungee slipped and he fell to the ring, hitting his head on the corner buckle and dying from a broken neck.

The relationship between the Hart family and the WWE fractured after that. Bret Hart, Owen's brother, was already on the outs with Vince McMahon and this only fuelled his hatred even further. Bret and Vince eventually buried the hatchet a decade later and Bret now makes occasional legends appearances in the WWE.

However, the WWE lawsuit filed by Martha Hart was full of venom and has not lessened in the last decade.

The WWE lawsuit was in place to keep the WWE from making any money off Owen Hart's name or likeness, which Martha Hart gained the rights through after his death. This has caused, among other things, to keep Owen Hart out of the WWE Hall of Fame.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:23 pm

pastajoe wrote:
That's funny. The families that watch wrestling aren't going to stop because of that. This is the "family friendly" brand that had Mae Young give birth to a hand. This isn't the same demographic that watches Downton Abbey.

Not been watching lately?

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:42 pm

So it looks like early HOF-headliner Mick Foley probably won't even have his induction televised.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Wow.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 195 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:06 pm

Watching Raw now. Man, if I'm Hunter, I'm noticing a trend. My "best friend" HBK shows up, once a year, like clockwork... To tell me I dunno what I'm getting myself into, and that I can't do it. Thanks for the support, "buddy". :P

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 55 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:10 pm

syxxpakk wrote:So it looks like early HOF-headliner Mick Foley probably won't even have his induction televised.

why the fuck not?! :smt013

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:43 pm

I think Stephanie inducting Trish means Trish gets the TV time.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:57 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I think Stephanie inducting Trish means Trish gets the TV time.

the only way that could possibly make it more significant than foley's induction is if brock lesnar f5's stephanie off the stage.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 539 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:24 pm

Watched RAW on Hulu tonight. I liked the Punk/Undertaker thing. I liked that it was offensive. Heels should be offensive. They should do things that are despicable.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum