Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:35 am

The Charlie Haas story from the Wrestling Observer is this: Grizzly Redwood came and picked a fight with Haas, got one, and then Haas got fired for giving it.

Charlie Haas quit the promotion/was fired abruptly after an incident on the 3/30 show in Asheville, NC. Haas, 41, was reportedly belligerent backstage, and there was also something of a chasm between Haas and Shelton Benjamin with the regulars since they kind of kept to themselves and how they didn’t have the same attitude toward the promotion. It would really be impossible for someone from WWE to have the same attitude toward ROH, and really Haas & Benjamin came in because of Jim Cornette looking for some names that would be better known to there was familiarity to new fans on TV. The incident from internal accounts appeared to start at the 3/3 TV tapings in Chicago from a match with Haas vs. Grizzly Redwood. Redwood was upset because he thought he was going to get more offense in. It was supposed to be one-sided, but he got only a few moves in. When Haas came in, he was described as belligerent and worse, and was rubbing people the wrong way. Redwood, who is the smallest guy in the promotion, was said to have instigated things in that he knocked Haas’ hat off and stomped on it. Haas struck Redwood or got into a fight with him. There are a lot of versions but the one we heard was it was not a closed fist bunch but a hard backhanded slap, hard enough that Redwood was bleeding from it. It was immediately broken up but booker Hunter Johnston was furious and he and Haas got into a loud shouting match. This took place while the fifth match on the show was in the ring but a lot of the fans at the show could hear it going on. Kevin Kelly, who was at the show and has known both Charlie and his brother Russ dating back to when they worked for Jim Kettner in Delaware, tried to diffuse the situation and talk him into leaving. Haas refused to leave and eventually they came to the conclusion it would be easier if he just did his match since he was insistent on it. He faced Jeff Neal, a local worker who is an area radio personality who worked a radio angle with Haas to set up the match. Haas was supposed to win, but instead, Haas put Neal over with a roll-up clean in the middle. Haas did some mic work but they cut his mic off and he stayed in the ring and continued talking loud enough for everyone to hear him. He said he was retiring immediately, that it’s time for him to be a husband and a father, and that next week’s match with Shelton Benjamin on the iPPV wasn’t happening. He thanked the fans and a lot of the locker room, but called Kevin Kelly an office stooge, ripped on booker Johnston, as well as Nigel McGuinness (who he doesn’t get along with). He said he was trading in his wrestling trunks for hospital scrubs. Apparently Haas has just taken a regular well-paying job in the medical profession at his home in Texas and even if this blow-up didn’t happen, was probably not going to be around much longer.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Advertisement

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 280 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby TS Punk » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:14 am

I say good for Haas.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 52 posts

Postby misac » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pm

Hey Syxx, is ROH just doing one show this weekend?

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:31 pm

One iPPV tomorrow and TV taping on Sat.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 163 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:02 pm

syxx you were right, Adam Pearce definitely can talk:

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 163 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:03 pm

ok unwashed aj styles has literally become crow sting.

except he doesn't have a fat doppelganger pretending to be him.

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 53 posts

Postby Bianco » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Mick Foley revealed that WWE has changed plans and his Hall of Fame induction will air on TV after all. Foley tweeted:

“I just got some GREAT news! I will share this INCREDIBLE RT in just a few minutes…RIGHT HERE on Twitter. Get those tears of joy ready!”

Foley then re-tweeted this comment from a Santa Claus account that he manages:

“Don’t worry @RealMickFoley – I had a nice talk with @VinceMcMahon and your #WWEHOF speech Will be televised. All is calm, all is bright” :smt026 :smt026

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:22 pm

NorthJersey.com has an article about John Cena and all the charity work that he does with WWE. Cena brought up the charity work he does when talking about not turning heel:

“To sacrifice all that I do for a short-term story… it doesn’t seem worth it

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:45 am

Bianco wrote:NorthJersey.com has an article about John Cena and all the charity work that he does with WWE. Cena brought up the charity work he does when talking about not turning heel:

“To sacrifice all that I do for a short-term story… it doesn’t seem worth it

I'd love to see him flatten some disabled kid with an AA.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:48 am

fieldy snuts wrote:syxx you were right, Adam Pearce definitely can talk:

I remember not liking him when I last saw him a few years back but he does a hell of a promo. I can't imagine him not winning Gut Check.

And speaking of Gut Check, they messed up Magno's translation. He said he'd been wrestling since he was 15 not for 15 years. :P

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:52 am

Bianco wrote:Mick Foley revealed that WWE has changed plans and his Hall of Fame induction will air on TV after all. Foley tweeted:

“I just got some GREAT news! I will share this INCREDIBLE RT in just a few minutes…RIGHT HERE on Twitter. Get those tears of joy ready!”

Foley then re-tweeted this comment from a Santa Claus account that he manages:

“Don’t worry @RealMickFoley – I had a nice talk with @VinceMcMahon and your #WWEHOF speech Will be televised. All is calm, all is bright” :smt026 :smt026

Happy for Mick. How pissed must WWE be to have to change it. :lol:

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:52 am

Punchy wrote:
I'd love to see him flatten some disabled kid with an AA.

:lol:

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:54 am

Back to Impact, I was cracking up at Joey Ryan reffing the women’s match.

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:44 pm

misac wrote:Back to Impact, I was cracking up at Joey Ryan reffing the women’s match.

I am trying to watch impact more, but I can't seem to keep it on more than 20 min before i change the channel screaming, and not because I just saw brook hogan, though that doesn't help

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:42 pm

And now, according to Austin Aries' Twitter, it seems Grizzly Redwood has been fired from ROH. This whole thing is just a black eye on what I think most would agree is probably the best pro wrestling locker room in America.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum