Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

kingbeavis
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby kingbeavis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:47 pm

The video packages, as usual, were outstanding last night.

Advertisement

kingbeavis
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingbeavis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:49 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:To add to my analogy, Good Will Hunting made Damon and Affleck stars, just like WM2 made Savage a star.

Titanic changed the way movies were made forever, just like Hogan/Andre.

That is a fantastic analogy. Good work.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby misac » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:13 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:I went to the Hall of Fame ceremony last night.

Foley was hilarious. The best part was when he elbow dropped Jericho and Punk made the 3 count.

The best part of the night was Trish. At the end of her speech she started talking about her high school sweetheart who she married, Ron. The crowd booed him 3 times. Trish kept stopping and laughing and calling us mean. Then she announced she was pregnant and the crowd started chanting Ron's name. :lol: :lol:

Booker T's speech was just like his career. Good, not great.

Backlund is legit crazy and went on an insane rant. Everyone was confused. Eventually Vince had to come out and point to his watch. The dude is nuts and it was uncomfortable at times.

Trump was heavily booed at all times. To his credit, he cut a heel promo saying the Wrestlemania he was at had the highest buyrate ever and it was all because of him.

Bruno's speech was super serious. It was interesting hearing about how they hid from the Nazis as kids and the story of his mom getting shot bringing them food and how she hiked 24 hours with a bullet in her to get to her kids. The story of how sickly he was was also cool, but he spent to much time thanking MSG as if the building was a real person.

Arnold was funny in his intro and Maria Menounos was booed for talking too long while introducing Backlund.

All the younger guys thanked HHH and Undertaker. They were all saying what a legit nice guy Taker is.

It was a cool night.

Sounds like a good HOF.

Heard Bruno tell that story before, pretty amazing.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:20 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Two wrestlers making in-ring debuts at WM. I wonder if that's a statistical first?

I fournd that interesting as well.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:25 pm

GHERU wrote:

:lol:

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:33 pm

GHERU wrote:one of the worst shows I have ever seen had them preform at Wrestlemania 29

:lol:

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:34 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
im so glad that comic book and wrestling companies don't book their events on your suggestions.

:lol: :lol:

Juan Cena
DANG!

Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:40 pm

kingbeavis wrote:
That is a fantastic analogy. Good work.

Except that Titanic really didn't "change the way movies were made forever." Unless you're counting helping pave the way for more expensive movies. (And it cemented Leonardo DiCaprio as a genuine box office star)

And Hogan/Andre didn't change the face of wrestling (on its own, at least).

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:42 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Just a random thought I forgot to mention last night but while watching the videos for Cena training for the match last night my friends and I all agreed that it would be cool if Cena would have used this look for his match last night:

A back to basics sorta Rocky look, where he went all the way to the bottom to get back to the top kinda thing. I think it could be cool if he started using a look like this instead of the jorts and t-shirts, wrist bands, baseball cap and all that shit.

Except that look doesn't actually sell any t-shirts. Which is part of the reason he goes out to the ring wearing them.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:45 pm

Now that I’ve got caught up on the thread here are my thoughts on the ROH PPV.

Opening tag match was pretty good. Really liked ACH, especially the kicky dude.

Bennett vs Shelton was just ok, I liked the promo to set up the match. Really liked the spot with Maria getting super kicked. :lol:

Elgin vs Lethal was great, look forward to Elgin’s title shot.

The 10-man was just ok, didn’t really follow it.

Anderson vs Strong was good, crowd didn’t seem that into it. Might have been my earphones though, reactions didn’t seem that great throughout the show.

Three-way for the tv title was good. The stuff on the outside took away from it a bit, but it was worth it because flustered Nigel cracked me up. Sometimes the ROH crowds can be a bit much but it was amusing how much they shit on Matt Hardy.

Tag match for the tag team titles was my favorite match. I still don’t like the American Wolves reuniting. Eddie Edwards was pretty damn good. I liked that Bobby Fish, I hadn’t ever seen him before.

Title match was really good. During the intermission they showed highlights of Jay’s previous title matches and it really helped to build up the match. (Some of those look really good) The finish with SCUM trying to interfere and getting thwarted by ROH guys was really fun, they didn’t do anything and Jay won clean so that was really good. The Brisco clan swarming the ring after he won was really neat.

I’m going to try and follow ROH again, really curious to see where things go with a few of the stories.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:59 pm

“Honestly, no,” Ziggler admitted. “It’s anytime. [On] Monday, [when] everyone’s like ‘yay, we did so great yesterday, let’s talk about how great we did.’ Boom! Maybe that’s my time to strike, you never know.”

http://www.prowrestling.com/ziggler-on- ... m29-story/

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Agent of the Bat » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:06 pm

I watched “Good Morning America” this morning because John Cena was swinging by the set, and I noticed on the new title belt that side plates had been changed.

Where the Brahma Bull logos used to be now has on one side the “U Can’t See Me” logo and the other side now has the “Cenation” logo.

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Agent of the Bat » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:07 pm

At this point win, lose, or draw, I just want him to cash in the damn thing already!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 9 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:I watched “Good Morning America” this morning because John Cena was swinging by the set, and I noticed on the new title belt that side plates had been changed.

Where the Brahma Bull logos used to be now has on one side the “U Can’t See Me” logo and the other side now has the “Cenation” logo.

Eh, as long as they don't go back to the spinner belt. :smt102

I don't think I have ever hated a title belt as much as the spinner. Granted, Jeff Hardy's "Immortal" title belt is hands down the ugliest title of all time but we were never supposed to take that one seriously...were we? :smt017
ImageImageImage

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:36 pm

So apparently the Rock was booked for RAW tonight and has thus far no-showed.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum