Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby misac » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:54 pm

syxxpakk wrote:So apparently the Rock was booked for RAW tonight and has thus far no-showed.

Weird, maybe he's made Cena didn't get booed enough.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Speaking of The Rock: The Rock will be featured on the cover of WWE 2k14

Honestly, I don't know how I feel about that. Kinda sucks for the guys who are there all year long though.
ImageImageImage

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Grayson wrote:Speaking of The Rock: The Rock will be featured on the cover of WWE 2k14

Honestly, I don't know how I feel about that. Kinda sucks for the guys who are there all year long though.

See, this is one of those things I don't get. Why would it suck for them? If anything, this is a great thing for them because the Rock being on the cover increases the numbers that will sell (theoretically) which means everyone who is in the game gets richer via residuals.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

kingbeavis
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingbeavis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:50 pm

syxxpakk wrote:So apparently the Rock was booked for RAW tonight and has thus far no-showed.

Have Cena come out and blast him like Paul E did to Sabu back in the day.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Grayson wrote:Speaking of The Rock: The Rock will be featured on the cover of WWE 2k14

A cover of a video game is supposed to be designed to sell video games, not to be a "good conduct" award.

I'm sure The Rock is on the cover to announce the fact that he's also a character in the game as well.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:56 pm

kingbeavis wrote:
Have Cena come out and blast him like Paul E did to Sabu back in the day.

Or more ironically, how The Rock blasted Austin back in the day.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Man, it took me all day to watch Wrestlemania.

I enjoyed it, Punk/Undertaker was fucking amazing, and I think that was The Rock's best match since his return. It was strange how the aftermath was more about him than a triumphant Cena, it seemed like he was retiring.

The only real negatives were that Dolph didn't cash in, meaning my dreams of him ruling the world were false, and that Team Rhodes Scholars' match got bumped off. Couldn't we just have had that instead of P Diddy?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:16 pm

syxxpakk wrote:See, this is one of those things I don't get. Why would it suck for them? If anything, this is a great thing for them because the Rock being on the cover increases the numbers that will sell (theoretically) which means everyone who is in the game gets richer via residuals.

I actually almost mentioned that The Rock being on the cover would definitely sell more units in my post but I decided against it. You're right, from a financial viewpoint, it won't suck for the WWE or 2k Sports but from a personal viewpoint it has to be a huge disappointment. Being on the cover of a video game can be a big deal, especially in the world of sports. I couldn't tell you the roster for the past 2 years of WWE games but I can tell you who has been on the cover of the current series of WWE games dating back to the first few Smackdowns. If they are going to put The Rock on the cover, that's fine, but put 2 or 3 other superstars on there. Maybe 1 guy like Dolph Ziggler or Antonio Cesaro, somebody who could benefit from the extra exposure. Don't just put a guy like The Rock on the cover and call it a day because there are guys who are actually putting in an effort to get to the level that The Rock was at when he left the first time around. They actually need the exposure now.
ImageImageImage

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Punchy wrote:Man, it took me all day to watch Wrestlemania.

I enjoyed it, Punk/Undertaker was fucking amazing, and I think that was The Rock's best match since his return. It was strange how the aftermath was more about him than a triumphant Cena, it seemed like he was retiring.

The only real negatives were that Dolph didn't cash in, meaning my dreams of him ruling the world were false, and that Team Rhodes Scholars' match got bumped off. Couldn't we just have had that instead of P Diddy?

It just show you how poorly planned WWE is right now. It's best stuff seems to come out by accident as opposed to being either successfully planned or as a organic outgrowth of said planning.

Vince should have made sure that Rock would be at RAW tonight (which I guess still may happen, and Rock is just taking his sweet time to get to the arena), and that there'd be a deal worked out for Rock to face either Taker or Lesnar at WM XXX next year. (Or have Rock and Lesnar down to face each other sooner, at least).

- Sons of the Desert

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:19 pm

I don't think anyone benefits from the extra exposure. Booker T being on the cover of Shut Your Mouth or whatever didn't really make any difference with him, did it?

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Grayson wrote:
I actually almost mentioned that The Rock being on the cover would definitely sell more units in my post but I decided against it. You're right, from a financial viewpoint, it won't suck for the WWE or 2k Sports but from a personal viewpoint it has to be a huge disappointment. Being on the cover of a video game can be a big deal, especially in the world of sports. I couldn't tell you the roster for the past 2 years of WWE games but I can tell you who has been on the cover of the current series of WWE games dating back to the first few Smackdowns. If they are going to put The Rock on the cover, that's fine, but put 2 or 3 other superstars on there. Maybe 1 guy like Dolph Ziggler or Antonio Cesaro, somebody who could benefit from the extra exposure. Don't just put a guy like The Rock on the cover and call it a day because there are guys who are actually putting in an effort to get to the level that The Rock was at when he left the first time around. They actually need the exposure now.

Maybe because it's probably not worth the time and money to put Ziggler on the cover of a video game yet? I can think of five other wrestlers at least who "deserve" to be on the cover before Ziggler or Cesario. They're just not there yet.

That said, it would have been nice if there were more limited edition covers with Cena or Punk or Seamus or one of the wrestlers who actually have earned the consideration to be on the cover.

- Sons of the Desert

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:28 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I don't think anyone benefits from the extra exposure. Booker T being on the cover of Shut Your Mouth or whatever didn't really make any difference with him, did it?

You don't put guys on the cover to give them "recognition" anyway. You put them on the cover because to sell video games.

- Sons of the Desert

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:36 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I don't think anyone benefits from the extra exposure. Booker T being on the cover of Shut Your Mouth or whatever didn't really make any difference with him, did it?

Out of all of the guys who came over to the WWE when they bought WCW, Booker T was easily one of the most successful. I wouldn't say that his success in the WWE was because of Shut Your Mouth but that little bit of extra exposure probably didn't hurt. All that I am really trying to say is if you're going to put The Rock on the cover, what's the harm of putting CM Punk, Antonio Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, and/or the Shield on there as well? :smt102
ImageImageImage

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:36 pm

You think Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage is more important than Andre the Giant vs. Hulk Hogan. Your argument, even if it agrees with me and regardless of what it is, is invalid.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:39 pm

Grayson wrote:
Out of all of the guys who came over to the WWE when they bought WCW, Booker T was easily one of the most successful. I wouldn't say that his success in the WWE was because of Shut Your Mouth but that little bit of extra exposure probably didn't hurt. All that I am really trying to say is if you're going to put The Rock on the cover, what's the harm of putting CM Punk, Antonio Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, and/or the Shield on there as well? :smt102

The Rock is a much bigger, more important star than them. They won't benefit from it. No one cares over a decade later that Raven shared a video game cover with Hulk Hogan. You put the person who will sell the most on the cover, not a bunch of a midcard guys who will then in effect make The Rock look like Just Another Guy.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum