Tuesday, August 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not Bleeding Cool!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Grayson wrote:
I actually almost mentioned that The Rock being on the cover would definitely sell more units in my post but I decided against it. You're right, from a financial viewpoint, it won't suck for the WWE or 2k Sports but from a personal viewpoint it has to be a huge disappointment. Being on the cover of a video game can be a big deal, especially in the world of sports. I couldn't tell you the roster for the past 2 years of WWE games but I can tell you who has been on the cover of the current series of WWE games dating back to the first few Smackdowns. If they are going to put The Rock on the cover, that's fine, but put 2 or 3 other superstars on there. Maybe 1 guy like Dolph Ziggler or Antonio Cesaro, somebody who could benefit from the extra exposure. Don't just put a guy like The Rock on the cover and call it a day because there are guys who are actually putting in an effort to get to the level that The Rock was at when he left the first time around. They actually need the exposure now.


Maybe because it's probably not worth the time and money to put Ziggler on the cover of a video game yet? I can think of five other wrestlers at least who "deserve" to be on the cover before Ziggler or Cesario. They're just not there yet.

That said, it would have been nice if there were more limited edition covers with Cena or Punk or Seamus or one of the wrestlers who actually have earned the consideration to be on the cover.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:28 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I don't think anyone benefits from the extra exposure. Booker T being on the cover of Shut Your Mouth or whatever didn't really make any difference with him, did it?


You don't put guys on the cover to give them "recognition" anyway. You put them on the cover because to sell video games.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:36 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I don't think anyone benefits from the extra exposure. Booker T being on the cover of Shut Your Mouth or whatever didn't really make any difference with him, did it?


Out of all of the guys who came over to the WWE when they bought WCW, Booker T was easily one of the most successful. I wouldn't say that his success in the WWE was because of Shut Your Mouth but that little bit of extra exposure probably didn't hurt. All that I am really trying to say is if you're going to put The Rock on the cover, what's the harm of putting CM Punk, Antonio Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, and/or the Shield on there as well? :smt102
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:36 pm

You think Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage is more important than Andre the Giant vs. Hulk Hogan. Your argument, even if it agrees with me and regardless of what it is, is invalid.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:39 pm

Grayson wrote:
Out of all of the guys who came over to the WWE when they bought WCW, Booker T was easily one of the most successful. I wouldn't say that his success in the WWE was because of Shut Your Mouth but that little bit of extra exposure probably didn't hurt. All that I am really trying to say is if you're going to put The Rock on the cover, what's the harm of putting CM Punk, Antonio Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, and/or the Shield on there as well? :smt102


The Rock is a much bigger, more important star than them. They won't benefit from it. No one cares over a decade later that Raven shared a video game cover with Hulk Hogan. You put the person who will sell the most on the cover, not a bunch of a midcard guys who will then in effect make The Rock look like Just Another Guy.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:55 pm

syxxpakk wrote:You think Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage is more important than Andre the Giant vs. Hulk Hogan. Your argument, even if it agrees with me and regardless of what it is, is invalid.



Hulk/Andre at WM 3 didn't even make your list of "five star matches at WM" Steamboat vs. Savage did.

syxxpakk wrote:Updated 'Mania Five Star List:
Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage - WM3
Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan - WM5
Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart - WM10
Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon - WM10
Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart - WM13
Edge/Christian vs. The Dudleys vs. The Hardys - WM16
Edge/Christian vs. The Dudleys vs. The Hardys - WM17
The Rock vs. Steve Austin - WM17
Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker - WM25
Triple H vs. The Undertaker - WM27
Triple H vs. The Undertaker - WM28
Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar - WM29
The Rock vs. John Cena - WM29

Triple H sets the record for three five-star matches.


You're undermining your own argument there.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Great matches =/= important.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:04 pm

The fact that you can't comprehend that says it all.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:10 pm

syxxpakk wrote:So apparently the Rock was booked for RAW tonight and has thus far no-showed.


this is what i read:

There is said to be absolute chaos backstage at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey, site of tonight’s RAW.

Former WWE Champion The Rock, who was scheduled to open the show and take part in a huge angle, reportedly flew home to Los Angeles this morning and will not be at the show. This is not part of a storyline – and WWE sources indicate that Rock’s departure caught the company completely off guard.

The original plan was for The Rock to cut a promo about WrestleMania 29, only to be interrupted by Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman. Lesnar was going to attack The Rock and plant the seeds for a rumored WrestleMania 30 main event between the two.

Vince McMahon and WWE writers and producers are busy re-writing the show. There is another major angle planned for tonight to set up John Cena’s next title defense at Extreme Rules.


there's also a rumor that RVD will return tonight.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Another update on the WON says he's hurt.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:12 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Another update on the WON says he's hurt.


Yeah as I was skimming through my morning news stories I also saw this:

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will not appear at tonight's WWE Raw television event due to an undisclosed injury, reports Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:25 pm

syxxpakk wrote:The fact that you can't comprehend that says it all.


The fact that your you can't come up with a reason to back your argument says it all.

Steamboat/Savage raised the bar for defining what great matches are. It was a career-defining moment for Savage that paved the way to his becoming WWF champ a year later. It stole the freaking show at WM 3.

Yeah Hogan/Andre was the headliner at WM 3. I can't say it redefined wrestling in the way Steamboat/Savage, which stole the show did.

Using your logic, Cena vs. The Miz (the headliner at WM XXVII was a more "important match" than the Undertaker vs Triple H match that night. Which is the one people still talk about.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:26 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
this is what i read:



there's also a rumor that RVD will return tonight.


Now that would be a WTF moment.
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Oh god, here we go again. :lol:
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:31 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Yeah as I was skimming through my morning news stories I also saw this:



One would hope VInce or whoever is smart enough to make sure Rock tapes a video to show tonight, then use that to push the story that the injury was "career-threatening" and whatever BS could be poured on it, just to make Rock's next in-the-ring appearance bigger.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], HNutz, Spacedog and 26 guests