Saturday, September 22, 2018 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not Multiversity!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:07 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Because it broke WWE live attendance, PPV buyrate, etc. records. That's where the "ignorant" part comes in. I just assume everyone knows why it's important. You obviously don't. But that's cool, obviously Triple H vs. Mankind from King of the Ring is a much more important match than Triple H vs. Mankind from the night after Summerslam where Triple H won his first WWE title, because, you know, the one from King of the Ring is better.

Yes Wrestlemana 3 did all of that.. WM 3 could have probably done the same thing even Hogan/Andre wasn't the main event, though. Exchange it with Hogan/Savage, or Hogan/Orndorff, or any decently managed feud with a WWF wrestler, and the same results would have probably happened. It probably didn't matter who Hogan wrestled in the main event back then, it probably would have had the same figures.

I would put WM 3 on the list of Top five PPV events that changed wrestling history. I wouldn't put Hogan/Andre at WM 3 on the Top five matches that changed wrestling history.
Maybe it makes the lower half or third of that list. But not above Steamboat/Savage.

Now, which match do you think had a bigger impact on the WWF going forward? Hogan/Andre, or Savage/Steamboat. I say the later, because it set a new standard on how wrestling matches were judged, and was more essential to pushing Savage to the next level than Hogan/Andre was to either wrestler.

I would put WM 3 on the list of Top five PPV events that changed wrestling history. I wouldn't put Hogan/Andre at WM 3 on the Top five matches that changed wrestling history.
Maybe it makes the lower half or third of that list. But not above Steamboat/Savage.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

Yes Wrestlemana 3 did all of that.. WM 3 could have probably done the same thing even Hogan/Andre wasn't the main event, though..

No, it couldn't have. You are literally the only person who believes this. This is why you're ignorant. Stick to real sports, you're out of your element here.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Hogan vs. Orndorff at The Big Event did a good 14,000 less than Hogan vs. Andre. This was eight or so months before WM3.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:18 pm

Dolph Ziggler cashed in! :smt026

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:19 pm

GLX wrote:Dolph Ziggler cashed in! :smt026

Did he win?

kingbeavis

cheese

Postby kingbeavis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:20 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
Did he win?

He did and it was a cool little 3 minute match.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:21 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
Did he win?

Yep. :smt026

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:22 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Diamond Dallas Page vs. Curt Hennig from Starrcade '97 is a much more important match than Sting vs. Hulk Hogan from that same show.

I'll say this. Page vs. Henning cemented DDP's spot on the roster as a one of WCW's biggest stars, though that road was paved with his feud with Savage earlier in the year. The Sting/Hogan match was underwhelming and just about anti-climatic, as the whole feud was mishandled at the end.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:22 pm

GLX wrote:
Yep. :smt026

Good for him. Would have made a great Mania Moment and fit right in line with his character.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:22 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

I'll say this. Page vs. Henning cemented DDP's spot on the roster as a one of WCW's biggest stars, though that road was paved with his feud with Savage earlier in the year. The Sting/Hogan match was underwhelming and just about anti-climatic, as the whole feud was mishandled at the end.

Seriously you have no idea what you're talking about. Just drop it.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:23 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
Good for him. Would have made a great Mania Moment and fit right in line with his character.

Word is that the crowd is really into it.

(I'll try to watch it, later).

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:28 pm

GLX wrote:

Hey were chanting "we want Ziggler" throughout the entire Del Rio/Swagger match :lol:

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:31 pm

This is awesome! :drunk

kingbeavis

cheese

Postby kingbeavis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:32 pm

GLX wrote:

They exploded when his music hit and were even louder when he won.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:33 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Hogan vs. Orndorff at The Big Event did a good 14,000 less than Hogan vs. Andre. This was eight or so months before WM3.

For a match at an event that a) had 74,000 in attendance which was an outdoor attendance record at the time. B)Not hyped to death on TV (and never promoted on the WWE's national broadcasts), c)not a PPV or an event on network TV, and d) In Canada. Pretty good for a non-WM event at the time, wouldn't you say? And didn't need Hogan vs. Andre to do it.

leave a comment with facebook