Wednesday, November 22, 2017 • Morning Edition • "Yellow journalism at its finest."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:37 pm

You believe worked attendance numbers, apparently. Again, just drop it. You're out of your element. I concede you probably know more about the Real World or Marine Law, but you're lost when it comes to pro wrestling. Pick a different hobby to get behind.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:39 pm

syxxpakk wrote:The Rock vs. Ken Shamrock from the King of the Ring 1998 is a much more important match than Mankind vs. The Undertaker - Hell in a Cell.

You want to make that argument, fine. You could say that Rock's match helped cement him as a genuine contender for the WWF title. On the other hand, HiTC helped change Mankind from a cult figure into a legitimate WWF superstar as well. Bit of a wash there.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:42 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Ricky Steamboat vs. Matt Borne is, of course, much more important than the culturally significant clashes between Wendi Richter vs. Lelani Kai or Mr. T/Hulk Hogan vs Roddy Piper/Paul Orndorff matches. Because it was better than those ones, you see.

Now you're being a stupid person.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:52 pm

syxxpakk wrote:You believe worked attendance numbers, apparently. Again, just drop it. You're out of your element. I concede you probably know more about the Real World or Marine Law, but you're lost when it comes to pro wrestling. Pick a different hobby to get behind.

So when you bring up the attendance numbers for a show you know what you're talking about. When I bring up the numbers for the same fracking show, I don't know what I'm talking about?

My point is that any match between Hogan and any top-level WWF opponent of the time as the WM 3 main event , even half-A** handled, could have resulted in numbers at or about the same level as Hulk/Andre did. Hogan was so over, and the WWF was so hot, the opponent didn't matter.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:59 pm

The only way Dolph Ziggler cashing in could have been any sweeter would have been if they allowed him to cash it in last night and he stole the victory away from John Cena!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:00 pm

:lol:

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:06 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
So when you bring up the attendance numbers for a show you know what you're talking about. When I bring up the numbers for the same fracking show, I don't know what I'm talking about? .

Obviously you don't or else you wouldn't have quoted the worked number. 74,000 is fake - the real number is 64,000. This is what I'm talking about when I say you're out of your element. Next thing you know, you're probably going to say there were really 93,000 people at WM3 and Hulk Hogan really tore every muscle in his back.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:18 pm

How is it possible for Vickie Guerrero to consistently get worse each week?

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:18 pm

Imagine if this Rock no-show was a swerve and he was in Vince's limo the entire night and we get a heel turn.

I'd kill for him to cut a promo saying he'd win the title back and only defend it once a year at wrestlemania while he made big blockbuster movies in between so that the millions get their dose of the Rock.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:25 pm

The crowd during the Orton/Sheamus match is cracking me up! Apparently they decided to entertain themselves!

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Just got home and started watching the show a few minutes ago and the first 20 minutes of RAW were about a million times better than the whole WM29 show altogether. I give a lot of credit for that to the crowd, they are on fire tonight, and I loved how Cena was feeding off them and being an ass, best Cena promo in a long ass time. Mark Henry is awesome too and I look forward to feud with him and Cena. Rock being "injured" sounds like bullshit to me, I hope he's gone and stays gone, he has worn out his welcome as far as I'm concerned.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Grayson wrote:The crowd during the Orton/Sheamus match is cracking me up! Apparently they decided to entertain themselves!

They like Mike Chioda over Sheamus and Orton. Even JBL loved it :lol:

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:39 pm

And the "thank you Big Show" chant at the end was awesome.

Orton must've felt like beating up a fan, he looked mad as hell.

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:41 pm

Wade Barrett seriously fucked up that neckbreaker, lol!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:42 pm

if raw shows had episode names this one would easily be "the day the smarks took over".

this is 500 times more of a hijack than last year ever was. i know the post-WM raw is always filled with them but they have utterly taken over today.

i hope it snowballs into future raw's to drive vince even more nuts.

leave a comment with facebook