Saturday, December 10, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "The Outhousers of Earth Ugh"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Tue May 28, 2013 6:16 pm

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue May 28, 2013 7:48 pm

Some speculation going around that Sunday's iPPV could be the last CHIKARA show for a while.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue May 28, 2013 7:52 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Some speculation going around that Sunday's iPPV could be the last CHIKARA show for a while.

Seriously? :shock:

That would suck if it were true.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue May 28, 2013 7:54 pm

If it's part of a storyline, maybe not. I don't think it's a business-thing. The Time Travel storyline is going to come to a head I think.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue May 28, 2013 7:58 pm

syxxpakk wrote:If it's part of a storyline, maybe not. I don't think it's a business-thing. The Time Travel storyline is going to come to a head I think.

OK good, you scared me for a second there. I thought you meant that there were in some sort of financial trouble.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Tue May 28, 2013 9:04 pm

Not a wrestling fan like I was when I was a kid but just saw that Bray Wyatt promo from Raw and love it. Only problems I see is how are they going to make sure that there's no confusion between The Wyatt Family and The Shield since they're both heel 3-man teams and how far is the WWE willing to go with this character. If they do it right, WWE might be looking at their next top heel.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue May 28, 2013 9:07 pm

I can't see anyone being confused between the Wyatts and the Shield.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue May 28, 2013 9:28 pm

One way CHIKARA could continue, Stephen, is through the Wrestling is promotions. And here's something that might blow your mind:

Wrestling is Cool
Wrestling is Heart
Wrestling is Intense
Kaiju Big Battel
Wrestling is Art
Wrestling is Respect
Wrestling is Awesome

The only one that doesn't fit, is Wrestling is Fun!

But then what if it's:

Wrestling is Fun!

CHIKARA!

And for the record, Kaiju is a part of the same "universe" as the Wrestling Is promotions.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:59 am

Stephen Day wrote:It's now day three of this year's Best of the Super Jr tournament:

http://www.puroresufan.com/njpw/2013/05 ... pan-52813/

I'm still surprised to see what's being done with Taichi and BUSHI this year. Maybe New Japan is planning something with them? Like with Alex Shelly, I'm surprised to see Kenny Omega off to a slow start, but it could be that he's the one they're planning to have this year's big comeback with. If that's the case then I expect to see Shelly pick up some wins soon. Right now he's one half of the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag-Team champs and I can't see New Japan booking one of their current champions to do poorly in this tournament.

With two perfects in the same group as Shelley, he'd have to have a pretty epic comeback to go along with at least one pretty big collapse.

That could be interesting.

Omega seems more set for a comeback at the moment, though it would be far less of a gap he'd have to cover.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed May 29, 2013 3:02 pm

@Stephen Day -

There's also a theory that CHIKARA could be building to something like this:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed May 29, 2013 4:18 pm

syxxpakk wrote:@Stephen Day -

There's also a theory that CHIKARA could be building to something like this:

A blocked image?

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed May 29, 2013 4:53 pm

Eh, you screwed up the Aladdin-pic so who cares. Try being a smartarse where it matters.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed May 29, 2013 7:33 pm

And now, Stephen, I'm reading that there might be some drama behind-the-scenes that is causing all of this.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu May 30, 2013 12:13 pm

From an interview with Mick Foley:

Did he know Dean Ambrose would be a major star: “I knew they were really high on him. Dean was probably happier with the break with the Shield and I was the second happiest to see him get that break. I cannot physically wrestle anymore. That break that I thought I was going to be a part of, was just not going to happen. Dean would be at every TV taping, so I would see him and say, ‘hey how are things going? Anything on the horizon?’ and he would be like, ‘no man, not yet.

“I felt personally responsible. So when he said ‘yeah they had something’, I asked, ‘is it pretty good?’ He said, ‘Yeah it’s pretty good’. Ironically his career would have really suffered had he done the run with me. It would have been a nice boost, but then he would have been on his own from that point. Getting over long term is really, really difficult. These guys not only did they come up slowly, by the time they had their first match at TLC they blew everybody away at the Barclay’s Center. All three guys have the potential to be major stars. I couldn’t be happier for Ambrose. He is kind of a weird dude, but it works to his advantage. I’ve described his style as disturbingly poetic. The way that he moves, he is so fluid. William Regal was the guy that was so high on him. He said ‘he is everyone’s perfect opponent for the next ten years.’”

On being there the night Dolph Ziggler cashed his Money in the Bank briefcase: “When I heard the audience eruption, I asked, ‘what just happened?’ They said, ‘Ziggler is cashing in his Money in the Bank briefcase.’ I ran because I really wanted to be a part of that experience in the arena. We all know it’s a pretty good percentage rate when it comes to cashing in.

“I’m not saying this to put myself over, but I had a talk with Dolph earlier and I said, ‘man I got to be honest Dolph I thought I was going to see you cash in last night.’ Dolph then said to me, ‘yeah you and me both brother.’ I said, ‘take it from someone who knows, when you get that chance and you will, and when you become world champion, and you will, don’t let the place or the time or the circumstances dictate to you how special that moment is going to feel. Take it from a guy who won his first WWE title on a taped show in Worcester, Massachusetts. It’s going to be every bit as special as it would have been at Mania.’

“So when I heard he was cashing in, I ran to be part of the arena. I could see my arms pumping, and then I looked down at my legs and they weren’t running. I wandered out into the crowd and saw Ziggler win the world title. When he came back he said, ‘that was my Wrestlemania moment.’ It was really cool to be there. Clearly this guy is going to be the cornerstone of the company. I feel really good about the direction this company is headed.”

http://www.prowrestling.com/mick-foley- ... -tna-more/

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Thu May 30, 2013 12:16 pm

after pulling those two tractor trailers I'd be tired and hurt too, actually I'd be in the hospital, i'm sure that stunt is where he got hurt, WWE should cut him some slack being loyal to the company for as long as he has been.........

There is huge heat on Mark Henry right now from WWE’s creative side. They had a storyline planned for him but after his match with Sheamus at Extreme Rules, or at some point in the last week, Henry said he was banged up and needed to take time off due to injuries.

As a general rule, while WWE says they want people to rest when hurt, they usually push them to stick around unless it’s something major like concussions or neck or knee issues. There’s a feeling that they did a lot to build Henry up, get him hot again and then he’s leaving to take time off. He has heat for taking a significant amount of time off without undergoing surgery. As of Wednesday, WWE’s official word is that Henry needing surgery hasn’t been determined yet.

Henry’s taking time off is the reason for JBL’s “took his ball and went home” references on RAW.

leave a comment with facebook