Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 3 posts

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:44 am

Stephen Day wrote:
Yeah, it is amazing.

Don't count him out yet. Every year there's somebody who makes a big comeback to make the semi-finals. It's entirely possible that it's going to be him this year.

Yeah, that's true. They do always have the one massive comeback guy. It seems like a role that gets as much respect as the guy that just dominates the first couple rounds.

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue May 28, 2013 8:42 am

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 74 posts

Postby Bianco » Tue May 28, 2013 10:35 am

I would like Curtis Axel to wear a singlet like his dad 'cause for some reason my eyes keep gravitating towards that huge scar on his abdomen (btw he does a pretty good perfect plex)

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue May 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Hulk Hogan was injured in radiator explosion.

There are pics he tweeted out, but they're pretty fugly.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 85 posts

Postby misac » Tue May 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
I Haven't seen it yet, but from what I understand, it starts off as a triangle choke, but when Michinoku's opponent tries to power lift and slam him to get out of it, he turns it into a hurucanrana.

Seems really impractical to have to rely on your opponent to help you do a move on him. :P

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue May 28, 2013 1:25 pm

TROY wrote:So they took the one cool thing that Curtis Axel had away from him, WTF happened to his Mr Perfect remix theme music!!! :smt013

I heard bits of Mr. Perfect's theme. :smt102

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue May 28, 2013 1:28 pm

TROY wrote:I can definitely get behind another Punk/Jericho feud.

Not me, seems like a step back. Especially considering they don’t even have the title on the line this time around.

I am worried Punk will leave Heyman for accepting the challenge without his authorization. :-(

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 360 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Tue May 28, 2013 1:35 pm

misac wrote:
Not me, seems like a step back. Especially considering they don’t even have the title on the line this time around.

I am worried Punk will leave Heyman for accepting the challenge without his authorization. :-(

I'm thinking thats what will lead to the Punk face turn. You know he is gonna get cheered no matter what so he might as well be a face. Then they can have a Punk vs Lesnar match at some point.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue May 28, 2013 1:38 pm

Bianco wrote:I would like Curtis Axel to wear a singlet like his dad 'cause for some reason my eyes keep gravitating towards that huge scar on his abdomen (btw he does a pretty good perfect plex)

I like his running neck breaker.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue May 28, 2013 1:42 pm

TROY wrote:
I'm thinking thats what will lead to the Punk face turn. You know he is gonna get cheered no matter what so he might as well be a face. Then they can have a Punk vs Lesnar match at some point.

I didn’t like good guy Punk. He was just another dick like Cena and Sheamus. And he’s really the best bad guy, but it’s not saying much right now.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue May 28, 2013 1:43 pm

Another great Shield match, really liked psychotic Daniel Bryan. :lol:

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 368 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Tue May 28, 2013 3:11 pm

misac wrote:
Seems really impractical to have to rely on your opponent to help you do a move on him. :P

True, but it's not like it's the only move in pro wrestliong with that problem. :P

Thank you Troy for the sig

Evan Meadow
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby Evan Meadow » Tue May 28, 2013 3:29 pm

misac wrote:

I don't think its a feud. Its's more like "We'll be in Chicago, think we can do a match while you're on vacation?" We'll see if he's roster back after the match. This feels like a convenient one off.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 368 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Tue May 28, 2013 5:26 pm

It's now day three of this year's Best of the Super Jr tournament:

http://www.puroresufan.com/njpw/2013/05 ... pan-52813/

NJPW, 5/28/13
Toyohashi City Gymnasium #2
1,200 Fans – No Vacancy

1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Titan [2] beat Hiromu Takahashi [0] (5:26) with a Tornillo.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: BUSHI [6] beat TAKA Michinoku [4] (5:47) with the Bushi Roll.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: KUSHIDA [2] beat Brian Kendrick [2] (9:13) with the Midnight Express.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Tiger Mask [2] beat Kenny Omega [0] (8:14) with a Destroy suplex hold.
5. Karl Anderson & Tama Tonga beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan (10:04) when Anderson used the Gun Stun on Captain.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Jado [4] beat Ryusuke Taguchi [0] (10:31) by pinfall.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Taichi [6] beat Jushin Thunder Liger [2] (7:50) by countout.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Rocky Romero [4] beat Ricochet [2] (10:58) with a tombstone piledriver.
9. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Prince Devitt [6] beat Baretta [2] (10:12) with the Bloody Sunday.
10. Kazuchika Okada, YOSHI-HASHI & Gedo beat Togi Makabe, Hirooki Goto & Tomoaki Honma (12:18) when Okada used the Rainmaker on Honma.

* Flawless starts by Devitt, BUSHI and Taichi who all move to 6 points (3-0 records) in the early days of the 20th Best of the Super Jr. tournament.

-

Block A:
1. Prince Devitt [6]
- Taichi [6]
3. Rocky Romero [4]
4. Jushin Thunder Liger [2]
- Barreta [2]
- Ricochet [2]
- Titan [2]
8. Alex Shelley [0]
- Hiromu Takahashi [0]

Block B:
1. BUSHI [6]
- Jado [4]
- TAKA Michinoku [4]
- Alex Koslov [4]
5. Tiger Mask IV [2]
- KUSHIDA [2]
- Brian Kendrick [2]
8. Ryusuke Taguchi [0]
- Kenny Omega [0]

I'm still surprised to see what's being done with Taichi and BUSHI this year. Maybe New Japan is planning something with them? Like with Alex Shelly, I'm surprised to see Kenny Omega off to a slow start, but it could be that he's the one they're planning to have this year's big comeback with. If that's the case then I expect to see Shelly pick up some wins soon. Right now he's one half of the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag-Team champs and I can't see New Japan booking one of their current champions to do poorly in this tournament.

Thank you Troy for the sig

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Tue May 28, 2013 6:16 pm

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum