Monday, November 20, 2017 • Afternoon Edition • "The trash of the multiverse has gotta end up somewhere."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu May 30, 2013 3:35 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
True, but it's not like it's the only move in pro wrestliong with that problem. :P

Yeah. Like when most wrestlers make their comebacks in the WWE; Cena’s shoulder tackles, Orton’s stupid closelines, etc but this one’s especially so. :P

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu May 30, 2013 3:35 pm

Evan Meadow wrote:
I don't think its a feud. Its's more like "We'll be in Chicago, think we can do a match while you're on vacation?" We'll see if he's roster back after the match. This feels like a convenient one off.

Still, they just did it.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu May 30, 2013 3:38 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Some speculation going around that Sunday's iPPV could be the last CHIKARA show for a while.

Is this the blowoff for the time travel storyline? Heard about it and it sounds insane! :lol:

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu May 30, 2013 3:41 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I can't see anyone being confused between the Wyatts and the Shield.

Yeah, you’d have to be a real dumb dumb.

I’d be ok if they did a Shield face turn to go against them. Way down the line though.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu May 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Bianco wrote:after pulling those two tractor trailers I'd be tired and hurt too, actually I'd be in the hospital, i'm sure that stunt is where he got hurt, WWE should cut him some slack being loyal to the company for as long as he has been.........

There is huge heat on Mark Henry right now from WWE’s creative side. They had a storyline planned for him but after his match with Sheamus at Extreme Rules, or at some point in the last week, Henry said he was banged up and needed to take time off due to injuries.

As a general rule, while WWE says they want people to rest when hurt, they usually push them to stick around unless it’s something major like concussions or neck or knee issues. There’s a feeling that they did a lot to build Henry up, get him hot again and then he’s leaving to take time off. He has heat for taking a significant amount of time off without undergoing surgery. As of Wednesday, WWE’s official word is that Henry needing surgery hasn’t been determined yet.

Henry’s taking time off is the reason for JBL’s “took his ball and went home” references on RAW.

Crazy people run that company!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu May 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Day four of this year's Best of the Super Jr. tournament:

http://www.puroresufan.com/njpw/2013/05 ... pan-53013/

NJPW, 5/30/13 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,480 Fans

1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Taichi [8] beat Hiromu Takahashi [0] (8:07) with the Jagai Koroshi.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: TAKA Michinoku [6] beat Brian Kendrick [2] (7:39) with the Michinoku Driver II.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Tiger Mask IV [4] beat BUSHI [6] (7:19) with a Destroy suplex hold.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger [4] beat Titan [2] (8:27) with a brainbuster.
5. Karl Anderson & Bad Luck Fale beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan (9:33) when Fale used a choke lariat slam on Captain.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: KUSHIDA [4] beat Alex Koslov [4] (10:45) with a cradle.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Alex Shelley [2] beat Rocky Romero [4] (14:03) with the Automatic Midnight.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi [2] beat Kenny Omega [0] (13:23) with the Dodon.
9. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Prince Devitt [8] beat Ricochet [2] (13:27) with an avalanche-style Bloody Sunday.

* A memorial ceremony for the late Hector Garca, who recently passed away aged 43 from lung cancer, was held before the show. Garza worked for AAA, CMLL, WCW, New Japan, and TNA in an illustrious career.

* Devitt and Taichi are now 4-0, each on 8 points after incredible starts.

-

Block A:
1. Prince Devitt [8]
- Taichi [8]
3. Rocky Romero [4]
4. Jushin Thunder Liger [4]
5. Alex Shelley [2]
- Barreta [2]
- Ricochet [2]
- Titan [2]
9. Hiromu Takahashi [0]

Block B:
1. BUSHI [6]
2. TAKA Michinoku [6]
3. Tiger Mask IV [4]
- KUSHIDA [4]
- Jado [4]
- Alex Koslov [4]
7. Brian Kendrick [2]
8. Ryusuke Taguchi [2]
9. Kenny Omega [0]

First off, the memorial service is the first I've heard of Hector Garza's death. I'm saddened to learn about it. :(

As for the BOSJ, right now it looks like Devitt and Taichi are running away with Block A. Block B is a lot more interesting and I'm expecting some sort of big comeback from this group. It could be Kenny Omega, but after his third straight loss today I'm less sure that it's going to be him. A better candidate in my mind now would be Ryusuke Taguchi. He and Devitt used to be tag-team partners, but Devitt recently turned against him and formed the heel stable, The Bullet Club. It would make a lot of sense if Taguchi makes the big comeback, wins the BOSJ and then takes the title from Devitt at the next PPV.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu May 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Stephen Day wrote:Day four of this year's Best of the Super Jr. tournament:

http://www.puroresufan.com/njpw/2013/05 ... pan-53013/

First off, the memorial service is the first I've heard of Hector Garza's death. I'm saddened to learn about it. :(

As for the BOSJ, right now it looks like Devitt and Taichi are running away with Block A. Block B is a lot more interesting and I'm expecting some sort of big comeback from this group. It could be Kenny Omega, but after his third straight loss today I'm less sure that it's going to be him. A better candidate in my mind now would be Ryusuke Taguchi. He and Devitt used to be tag-team partners, but Devitt recently turned against him and formed the heel stable, The Bullet Club. It would make a lot of sense if Taguchi makes the big comeback, wins the BOSJ and then takes the title from Devitt at the next PPV.

I didn't post it here cause I figured you'd heard.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu May 30, 2013 5:30 pm

misac wrote:
I didn't post it here cause I figured you'd heard.

I've been focusing on what's going on in japan so much recently, that I haven't really been paying as much attention as I used to when it comes to the goings on in Mexico.

kingbeavis

cheese

Postby kingbeavis » Thu May 30, 2013 7:39 pm

Bianco wrote:There is huge heat on Mark Henry right now from WWE’s creative side. They had a storyline planned for him but after his match with Sheamus at Extreme Rules, or at some point in the last week, Henry said he was banged up and needed to take time off due to injuries.

As a general rule, while WWE says they want people to rest when hurt, they usually push them to stick around unless it’s something major like concussions or neck or knee issues. There’s a feeling that they did a lot to build Henry up, get him hot again and then he’s leaving to take time off. He has heat for taking a significant amount of time off without undergoing surgery. As of Wednesday, WWE’s official word is that Henry needing surgery hasn’t been determined yet.

Henry’s taking time off is the reason for JBL’s “took his ball and went home” references on RAW.

If he is just hurt and not injured, then I would be pissed too.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu May 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Dixie Carter posted the following on Twitter today…

And the ink is just drying on a BIG free agent that will rock #ImpactLIVE on @SpikeTV. Tune in & join us on this summer adventure.

The biggest free agent in my opinion right now is Batista and that seems extremely unlikely :lol:

Maybe John Morrison.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu May 30, 2013 8:43 pm

Um, wow @ James Storms promo :lol:

"Look at Gunner, he's served his country! He's killed people! He's killed people for his country! And now he'll kill people for me!"

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu May 30, 2013 8:48 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Dixie Carter posted the following on Twitter today…

And the ink is just drying on a BIG free agent that will rock #ImpactLIVE on @SpikeTV. Tune in & join us on this summer adventure.

The biggest free agent in my opinion right now is Batista and that seems extremely unlikely :lol:

Maybe John Morrison.

I was thinking RVD...

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu May 30, 2013 8:50 pm

if that was all then that was a massive fail.

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Thu May 30, 2013 9:37 pm

So who was the massive free agent signing?

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu May 30, 2013 9:42 pm

TROY wrote:So who was the massive free agent signing?

no idea yet, guess they're saving it for a slammiversary or impact reveal.

leave a comment with facebook