Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:06 am

Basically there would be a draft and you would have ten or so guys and each week you would pick six and get points based off how they perform (win a match, lose a match, etc.). We're doing it on THE BOARD and it's pretty fun.

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 215 posts

Postby misac » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:41 am

GLX wrote:
I'd talk about NWA Southern All Star Wrestling, but I'm the only one here who watches it.

That wouldn't be my bag. I'm content with the PPV threads.

You could at least post recaps/reviews. :smt102 I liked reading Syxx's match reviews last year.

I'm up for a fantasy fed. 8)

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 120 posts

Postby Bianco » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:23 am

She should just find Missy and start her x-rated website again, and get it over with or maybe ask Chyna :smt011

WWE Hall of Famer Sunny is giving fans the chance to get in bed with her at the upcoming Legends of the Ring convention on October 5th in Monroe, New Jersey. She posted on Facebook:

“Hey SUNNY FANS!! This is YOUR CHANCE to get UNDER THE COVERS WITH ME!! At the Legends of the Ring Convention, 10/5/13, I will be offering special photo ops! Your choice: for $50 you get to have your photo taken laying next to me in bed, and for $75 you can have your photo taken ‘spooning’ or with me lying my head on your chest! Was I your TEENAGE CRUSH?? Now is your chance to make that dream a REALITY!!!

PRE-SALE TICKETS WILL BE OFFERED SOON!

and YES, I WILL be wearing a little item from my LINGERIE DRAWER!!”

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:28 pm

misac wrote:
You could at least post recaps/reviews. :smt102 I liked reading Syxx's match reviews last year.

I'm up for a fantasy fed. 8)

There's video of (most of) the episodes.

One from a few weeks back:

Ever wanted to see a wrestler get choked across the neck with a confederate flag? Now's your chance!

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:05 pm

Ryback was recently interviewed by Brian Soscia of The Mix in Philadelphia. Here are some highlights:

When did he decide to become a wrestler: “All my life growing up [he was a fan]. When I was around 13. [he wanted to become a wrestler] My first real memory of attending a live event, I went to one when I was about five or six. It was headlined by Hogan and Andre. All I really remember was the yellow tights and the black singlet. I was a little too young to take it all in and remember it. But when I was 13 I won front row tickets and I got to go backstage and I was the guest bell ringer. I won a bunch of free WWE merchandise. I still have it, it’s sitting at home, my official WWF bell hammer, or whatever, to ring the bell. I bet they don’t even have anymore. That was the moment I knew I wanted to be a WWE Superstar. I didn’t know how. I didn’t know what path I was going to take to get there but thankfully it all worked out and here I am.”

How did he envision his wrestling character as a kid: “As a kid at 12, before I ever touched a weight, I had kink in my bicep and a divet, a hole in my forearm, this forearm muscle that was just abnormal. I always pictured myself, not with a shaved head necessarily, but being the jacked up, muscle bound freak. It’s weird as a kid to kind of see yourself like that, but that’s kind of how I envisioned myself. Interestingly enough it turned out pretty similar.”

Does he think the Skip Sheffield gimmick could have been successful as Ryback: “I think it could have been very successful if handled properly, not in the same capacity. It would have been a much more of a comedy based, more of a Santino based character. But at the same time I feel with my look, I could have taken it a lot further than people would have ever expected. It was one of those things, I was Ryback before, in developmental. It was a little more Terminator based at the time. Now it’s much more me and not as much of a character.

“It [Skip Sheffield] was something Dusty Rhodes approached me about, wanting me to do something a little funnier. He knew I was capable of pulling some tricks under my sleeve. I came up with this whole, it was more of a rib on Dusty at the time to me. He hated Texas A&M he was a Texas guy, so I came up with this character for him, in all seriousness I was completely against it, called Skip Sheffield and it was a huge joke to me. It turned out this damn thing got so over down at Florida Championship Wrestling, because for the first time in my career I didn’t have to worry about being serious and I was allowed to just go out there and have fun. It soon turned into the greatest positive of my life, from a wrestling standpoint. It allowed me to go out there and like I said, have more fun than I’ve ever had. It got me called up to the WWE roster.

“When Vince McMahon saw me, I had already debuted as Skip Sheffield, we’re like two or three weeks into NXT, Mr. McMahon pulled me aside and he said you’re not doing this. This is not who you are. I don’t want you playing this guy. You’re going to make me millions and millions of dollars being yourself. At the time I’m thinking dammit, I just put everything into getting a lot of fun with this guy. But it was the greatest thing he ever could have said to me and we slowly got away from that and luckily Nexus gave me a great opportunity to be myself with one problem: I was stuck with that dopey ass name Skip Sheffield. Luckily my injury and being away for as long as I was, a year and a half, and the way things all turned out was another big blessing and I was allowed to come back under my own terms and be Ryback. Thankfully I am who I am now.”

What he thinks of the Goldberg chants: “It doesn’t bother me at all. I obviously wish fans would say my name. I’m not doing the feed me more right now, finally got sick of that whole deal and felt like I needed a change of pace. It’s one of those things, I think it’s a positive. It motivates me even more because it’s setting me up for success down the road because it’s allowing them, each and every night I go out there and prove myself to them, I will change them one by one. I will convert them into a Ryback fan.

“It’s very easy for them to want to chant Goldberg or whoever else they want to chant at me, but once they see me and what I’m doing and the passion I have and how I go out there and give this everything I got and the displays of strength that I’m able to pull off night in and night out, five nights a week, and not to discredit anything anyone’s done in the past, in a day and age where you don’t see a lot of guys doing the power stuff anymore, I take great pride in that. I really firmly believe it’s just me going out there and keep proving myself and having quality matches.

“People love to doubt and be negative and I don’t mean to use the word hate, but it’s just something that’s very easy for people to do because they have no idea. The first thing I remember hearing was Ryback can’t wrestle a five minute match, he’ll blow up and I just laughed. These people have no clue. And then it was he can’t even do ten minutes. And then it’s he can’t do fifteen. And then it’s he can’t do a twenty minute match. He can’t do a twenty five minute match. He can’t do a thirty minute match. I believe me and Cena have done 35, 40 now a couple pay per views in a row. The live events, easily do a half hour, no problem. It boggle my mind how people just thrive on negativity.”

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 303 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:49 pm

WWE conducted an investigation stemming from claims made by former developmental workers regarding NXT head trainer Bill DeMott. Chase Donovan and Chad Baxter appeared on a recent "Two And A Half Wrestlers" podcast hosted by Kevin Matthews, and the trio told a secondhand story about DeMott pulling out a gun in front of trainees, a firsthand accounts of DeMott using a homophobic slur during training sessions, and made other accusations.

"There have been no sexual harassment complaints filed against any employee at the WWE's training facility in Orlando," reads a statement issued to Prowrestling.net by WWE. "Instead there have been baseless allegations made by disgruntled talent recently released by WWE. Regardless, WWE takes these issues seriously and investigated this matter, concluding that there was no wrongdoing."

But...it's already well known DeMott is a sadistic cunt.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:18 pm

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 229 posts
Title: Bitch, I'm fabulous
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:09 pm

I often wondered what happened to The Model.

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 594 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:10 pm

So I haven't watched RAW yet but I see a lot of people all over the net complaining about how right after the Wyatt Family makes their debut that the crowd started a Husky Harris chant :smt005

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:40 am

Yes they did, pretty much what I expected, Raw matches were not bad tonight heading into PPV

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:18 pm

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Agent Sasher wrote:So I haven't watched RAW yet but I see a lot of people all over the net complaining about how right after the Wyatt Family makes their debut that the crowd started a Husky Harris chant :smt005

Oh man, I didn't notice. And I was thinking earlier in the show I wish that hadn't happen to Tensai.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Bianco wrote:Yes they did, pretty much what I expected, Raw matches were not bad tonight heading into PPV

It was a pretty good show overall. The Vickie thing was really bad, those guys are dicks!

I'm starting to really like Curtis Axel.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 303 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:09 pm

Matt Morgan requested and was granted his release from TNA. Hope he joins WWE soon

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 594 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:35 pm

misac wrote:
It was a pretty good show overall. The Vickie thing was really bad, those guys are dicks!

I'm starting to really like Curtis Axel.

Yeah I watched the show today and it was a good build for the PPV. Lots of good matches between the MITB participants. The Husky Harris chants were no where near the level of the Tensai chants so it was typical overracting by the IWC lol. Only thing on the show I didn't like, and I flat out hated, was every time Vickie was on the screen.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum