Tuesday, May 24, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Comics: we give a crap!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:36 pm

AJ Styles vs Austin Aries in the Impact main event. Been waiting for this match to align for a while.

I'm expecting the August 1 guy to make a runout for a nonfinish but I can accept that given this should be a PPV main event.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Is he still doing the Sting-thing? Styles?

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:39 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Is he still doing the Sting-thing? Styles?

He's speaking regularly now and basically going heel. He did a promo today saying he was no longer the wide-eyed boy he was before, he was the greedy man he has become, there was no place for dreams or heroes, and he was going to get the BFG points tonight.

Though he seems to be an honorable heel by going for a move hard hitting style over dirty tricks.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:49 pm

this has been a great match.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:54 pm

what the fuck? botched ending with the arm draped over styles?

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:02 pm

TNA: where MMA fighters go to promote their fight in front of a couple hundred people.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:04 pm

syxxpakk wrote:TNA: where MMA fighters go to promote their fight in front of a couple hundred people.

Yeah i was underwhelmed too. Didn't he retire, does he need money this bad to return to TNA?

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:05 pm

He's fighting Rampage on the Bellator PPV.

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:41 pm

I was kind of disappointed with the ending to Impact, here I thought they could reel me back into watching (AJ/Ares match was good though) and all we get is some washed up MMA guy that can't even stand and pose without looking like a putz or was that suppose to be his badass look?

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:55 pm

Matt Hardy (testing the waters for a job IMO): “Tito Ortiz, HMMM. Interesting. I’m curious to see which direction TNA goes in the future & what they reap from their recent decisions.”

Tommy Dreamer: “WOW In a bad confusing way. 2 good matches w/lame finishes then the REVEAL? TNA actually had a split second of a buzz.way to ruin it #sobad”

Bob Holly: “All this does is promote the fight for Belatore between Tito and Rampage, does NOTHING for TNA, #impactwrestling”

Lance Storm: And the crowd goes Mild #NotAtypo

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:00 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Matt Hardy (testing the waters for a job IMO): “Tito Ortiz, HMMM. Interesting. I’m curious to see which direction TNA goes in the future & what they reap from their recent decisions.”

Tommy Dreamer: “WOW In a bad confusing way. 2 good matches w/lame finishes then the REVEAL? TNA actually had a split second of a buzz.way to ruin it #sobad”

Bob Holly: “All this does is promote the fight for Belatore between Tito and Rampage, does NOTHING for TNA, #impactwrestling”

Lance Storm: And the crowd goes Mild #NotAtypo

:lol:

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:10 am

Punchy wrote:
Lesnar is above titles and briefcases, he doesn't care about them.

Which is annoying, as a decent title ruin would be mutually beneficial for both Lesnar and the WWE.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:14 am

syxxpakk wrote:TNA: where MMA fighters go to promote their fight in front of a couple hundred people.

Not crazy about the cross-promotion of Bellator on TNA. Bellator really needs to distance itself from pro wrestling, and move closer in style to UFC. Seeing Ben Askren emasculate a Russian in the cage Wednesday night was more fun to watch than RAW has been in years.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:33 am

Juan Cena wrote:
Which is annoying, as a decent title ruin would be mutually beneficial for both Lesnar and the WWE.

What POSSIBLE benefit would there be in putting a title on Lesnar?

Lesnar has achieved that level where he doesn't NEED them, it's unnecessary. Like putting a belt on The Rock, or Steve Austin if he came back. A title is used to build someone, and to add credibility to them. I don't need to see a belt on Steve Austin's waist if he comes back to know he can be a threat to John Cena, because he's STEVE FUCKING AUSTIN.

Same logic. Brock doesn't need a title to be a threat, because he's BROCK FUCKING LESNAR.

And Brock/Cena has been done. Waste of time to repeat it.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:35 am

I think the next thing for Lesnar after Punk should be:

BROCK VS ROCK at Wrestlemania.

leave a comment with facebook