Saturday, December 3, 2016 • Evening Edition • "This is not rocket science, people. Get a grip."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:14 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Is he still doing the Sting-thing? Styles?

Yes, still wearing a shirt when he wrestles. :P

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:15 pm

syxxpakk wrote:TNA: where MMA fighters go to promote their fight in front of a couple hundred people.

:-D

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:32 pm

Punchy wrote:I think the next thing for Lesnar after Punk should be:

BROCK VS ROCK at Wrestlemania.

Well, that's a Wrestlemania XXX main-event-quality match if there ever was one.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
What POSSIBLE benefit would there be in putting a title on Lesnar?

Some decent storytelling, maybe? Lesnar would have been the perfect "Bane" in an attempt by him and Heyman to take over the WWE. You could have a nice little storyline with a different WWE Superstar trying to take him out leading up a WM XXX with him fighting the Rock or Cena or Punk or Taker or something. (And WM XXX really needs a mind-blowing main event)

Also, I think Lesnar still has a bit of a bad reputation of looking like a wuss after quitting UFC

Lesnar has achieved that level where he doesn't NEED them, it's unnecessary. Like putting a belt on The Rock, or Steve Austin if he came back. A title is used to build someone, and to add credibility to them. I don't need to see a belt on Steve Austin's waist if he comes back to know he can be a threat to John Cena, because he's STEVE FUCKING AUSTIN.

Hi there!

Same logic. Brock doesn't need a title to be a threat, because he's BROCK FUCKING LESNAR.

And Brock/Cena has been done. Waste of time to repeat it.

Lesnar having a purpose n the WWE other than coming in every few months and picking up a check would be nice. Like I said, having Heyman and Lesnar make a serious attempt to take over the WWE universe would be more interesting as a long-term story then how he's being used now. (Which sadly says more about his work ethic than it does WWE creative).

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Punchy wrote:
Lesnar is above titles and briefcases, he doesn't care about them.

Translation: He's only there for the paycheck.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Translation: He's only there for the paycheck.

Well, yeah, that's his character, Heyman is always saying how Lesnar doesn't fight for free.

All Lesnar cares about is getting paid to hurt people.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:04 pm

And you kinda proved my point. Was it more believable that the Rock could beat John Cena, just because Rock had a belt? Did Rock benefit from that?

I would argue that putting that belt on Rock HURT the Rock. The minute he took that belt, everyone knew he wasn't beating Cena. Right?

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:20 pm

Lord Simian wrote:And you kinda proved my point. Was it more believable that the Rock could beat John Cena, just because Rock had a belt? Did Rock benefit from that?

I would argue that putting that belt on Rock HURT the Rock. The minute he took that belt, everyone knew he wasn't beating Cena. Right?

It benefited the WWE, which is what matters in the end, right?

It was obvious from the start that The Rock's most recent WWE stint and title reign was going to be a short one. It's how the time was used the Punk feud and the Cena rematch is what mattered. The only drawback is how anti-climatic the rematch was.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:23 pm

Punchy wrote:
Well, yeah, that's his character, Heyman is always saying how Lesnar doesn't fight for free.

All Lesnar cares about is getting paid to hurt people.

Which is a real yawner if you ask me. And a waste, because Lesnar does have a level of charisma to enable him to pull off being a more serious threat to the WWE status quo.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:26 pm

Juan Cena wrote:It benefited the WWE, which is what matters in the end, right?

First off, I don't know the answer to that: did that rematch have a bigger buy rate than the year before? If not, then no, it didn't.

But it's a moot point, because that's not what the question was, right? We're discussing whether the WRESTLER benefitted, as you know. ;)

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
First off, I don't know the answer to that: did that rematch have a bigger buy rate than the year before? If not, then no, it didn't.

But it's a moot point, because that's not what the question was, right? We're discussing whether the WRESTLER benefitted, as you know. ;)

Not a bigger buyrate, but it was the biggest moneymaking PPV of all time when take everything into account.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:15 pm

From the rumor mill ( litttle old but relevant)

WWE officials recently had discussions on the WrestleMania XXX pay-per-view in 2014 and already have worked out a plan for the top of the card. They are still looking at Brock Lesnar vs. either The Rock or The Undertaker as one of the main events.

Mentions the Sting feelers to WWE as well. and possibility of Sting vs. Taker.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1693103-wwe-rumors-wrestlemania-30-main-events-already-being-discussed

Brock vs. Rock would have to be the Main event no matter what. Sting vs. Taker would be a dream match, but I have doubts it would be the streak-ender.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:02 pm

TNA star Kurt Angle was arrested for Driving While Intoxicated last night in Decatur, Texas after leaving the TNA Impact tapings in Wichita Falls. Angle was booked and released on $2000 bail.

Again :lol:

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:24 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:TNA star Kurt Angle was arrested for Driving While Intoxicated last night in Decatur, Texas after leaving the TNA Impact tapings in Wichita Falls. Angle was booked and released on $2000 bail.

Again :lol:

Oh good grief

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:00 pm

Juan Cena wrote:From the rumor mill ( litttle old but relevant)

Mentions the Sting feelers to WWE as well. and possibility of Sting vs. Taker.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1693103-wwe-rumors-wrestlemania-30-main-events-already-being-discussed

Brock vs. Rock would have to be the Main event no matter what. Sting vs. Taker would be a dream match, but I have doubts it would be the streak-ender.

Sting/Taker has to be when Taker's streak hits 25. It has to be that golden moment. Like a comic that reaches 25 issues. It has to part of the defining portion of the run. Or the end.

leave a comment with facebook