Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Kerny
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: All-American American

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Kerny » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:17 am

Juan Cena wrote:

Yeah, it flies right in the face of everything The Shield was supposed to be about.

I said months ago they should have kept the alliance with Heyman up. It would have made a lot more sense than this.

It's why I hate the fact Lesnar just wants to be a part-timer/Vince won't pay him enough to show up. A Lesnar title reign right now would've been great for business instead of O***n.

This has been The Shields thing all along though. They say theyre acting in the name of justice, but really they're just self-serving jerks who want the title shots and their spot on the show. Working with Heyman/Vickie/Triple H show that.

As for Lesnar

Brock Lesnar recently did a rare interview with the Los Angeles Times to promote his match against CM Punk at Sunday's WWE SummerSlam. Here are some highlights of what "The Beast" said about:

Why He Returned to WWE: "I left originally because I was a caged animal 300 days a year on the road and they knew that. That was the bottom line - I don't want to be that person. I'm at a different stage in my life where I think I've earned [the reduced schedule]. That was the only way I could make this happen. They played ball and hopefully it's a win-win for both of us. I really do enjoy putting on a show."

UFC: "That chapter in my life has come to closure, and I'm comfortable with it." He continued, "You've always got that part in your mind. I do miss it, but I've got to keep myself in check. What I went through the last few years was quite traumatic, not being able to fight like I wanted. I got back on the horse way too soon. Coulda, shoulda, woulda."

Lesnar noted that he will be appearing in "at least a couple more WrestleMania's" after signing an extension with WWE earlier in this year.

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 128 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:20 am

Johnny Smith wrote:
Aren't we almost guaranteed to get a Cena-O***n feud for the next Wrestlemania? Cena's the only guy with nads enough to crush this O***n HHH McMahon Shield alliance.

Depends on a lot of factors. Like will The Rock be there and who he might face in the ring. Lesnar would be the money choice, Rock vs. Taker would be a juicy main event as well, double if it turns out to be one or the other's final match. (Or if Taker faces Sting, which I'm not holding my breath on).

Besides, does the WWE really want a six-month title reign for O***n? Can't see that being great for the PPV buyrates.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 144 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:42 am

Thunderstruck wrote:
I thought that at first too but then thinking more about it I think I can actually get behind this new version of The Corporation especially is HHH is gonna be the leader and hopefully uses this new role to put over the up and coming faces of the future. I really didn't want to see a McMahon Family War again so having them aligned with The Shield and Orton makes sense to me and I think it could make for a very interesting story line and future angles down the road.

I hope you're right. I found the end of RAW miserably boring, so I hope this actually goes somewhere and doesn't drag out till the next Wrestlemania.

On a different note, there are definitely way too many titles right now. When you can't even fit all of them in a PPV, you've got too many. And it completely devalues them all. We already know the Tag Team belts mean nothing, I've come to terms with that. Just ditch the IC and US belts already. Two singles is enough, and they might actually mean something again after a while.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:40 pm

AJ Styles contract expires next month.

If TNA let him slide away they are utterly fucked in the head.

kingbeavis
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingbeavis » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:00 pm

Sami Zayn vs Antonio Cesaro 2/3 falls is on NXT this week. It was good to say the least.

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 426 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby troysshr » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:46 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:AJ Styles contract expires next month.

If TNA let him slide away they are utterly fucked in the head.

A few years ago I would have agreed with you but AJ has become complete irrelevant over the last few years in TNA. His run at the "Crow" Sting angle has failed miserably and it seems like they have no idea what to do with AJ at this point.I I wouldn't mind seeing him make a run at the WWE. He could have some great matches against guys like Punk, Bryan, Del Rio just to name a few.
ImageImageImage

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 89 posts

Postby Bianco » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:53 am

This is just my opinion, I think the problem with AJ and TNA is he's been there so long than even changing his gimmick, the feuds have got a little stale, you can only fight the same people over and over again for so long. No saying they are bad matches, but I think a change would do him good even if it's just for a little bit, frankly if he does go to the WWE i don't think they will use him right, but maybe I'm wrong.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:41 am

AJ Styles needs to call it a day in TNA. Obviously he's a major part of the promotion, being a keyplayer in the promotion since day one. I can't even think of a time when AJ wasn't one of the bigger acts being promoted, even when he was playing second-fiddle to Christian he had a big on-screen role. That said, TNA's done all there is to do with him and he's done all there is to do in TNA.

WWE isn't his future, though. I don't see him working out there.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:20 am

kingbeavis wrote:Sami Zayn vs Antonio Cesaro 2/3 falls is on NXT this week. It was good to say the least.

Yeah, that match was fucking amazing. Zayn leaping through the turnbuckle! Cesaro's strength at the end! Oh man, brilliant.

Plus, Tyler Breeze is hilarious, and that big Bulgarian dude that fought Ziggler was surprisingly good.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 389 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:14 pm

syxxpakk wrote:AJ Styles needs to call it a day in TNA. Obviously he's a major part of the promotion, being a keyplayer in the promotion since day one. I can't even think of a time when AJ wasn't one of the bigger acts being promoted, even when he was playing second-fiddle to Christian he had a big on-screen role. That said, TNA's done all there is to do with him and he's done all there is to do in TNA.

WWE isn't his future, though. I don't see him working out there.

Agreed, I see the Fed keeping him low down on the card just to prove a point about TNA. I think if he were to leave TNA that Japan or Mexico would be the best places for him to go.

Thank you Troy for the sig

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:22 pm

He'd fit in pretty well in NJPW. ROH might could be rebuild the promotion around him, but there's not a lot of upward momentum there.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 389 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:33 pm

syxxpakk wrote:He'd fit in pretty well in NJPW. ROH might could be rebuild the promotion around him, but there's not a lot of upward momentum there.

I think in ROH he'd have a problem similar, but slightly different different, than the problem he'd have in the Fed. There's such an anti-TNA feeling among the fanbase there, I think it would take a great deal of time to break him away from that.

Thank you Troy for the sig

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
I think in ROH he'd have a problem similar, but slightly different different, than the problem he'd have in the Fed. There's such an anti-TNA feeling among the fanbase there, I think it would take a great deal of time to break him away from that.

Yeah but AJ is an ROH Icon. Jay Lethal has been treated well enough by the fans - in fact, moreso than he deserves I'd say. How is it possible that Jay Lethal cut two of the worst promos of all time, went to TNA and suddenly became one of the most charismatic wrestlers on the planet, only to return to ROH and lose every ounce of that charisma? He's so cookie-cutter boring in ROH and he's been that way since his return.

But I digress. AJ is an ROH Icon with a steep ROH history. I see him getting a Christopher Daniels @ The Big Bang reception moreso than anything else.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Complete History of the GHC Championship - Disc 5

Previously on the Complete History of the GHC Championship: Kenta Kobashi set the record for most successful title defenses, overcoming Tamon Honda, Masahiro Chono, Bison Smith, and Yuji Nagata.

Kenta Kobashi [c] vs. Yoshinari Ogawa - GHC Championship Match. This match is a complete contrast to just about everything I've ever seen in NOAH. Ogawa spends the match emulating Ric Flair and it works to great success. He plays a typical American heel, which is pretty out of place here and because of it provides a unique match. Ogawa works Kobashi's leg to great success, but of course Kobashi isn't having that shit. Ogawa even does a blade-job to really put over the Ric Flair-role. Thing about Ogawa is, he's always winning matches with roll-ups and quick pins, so every time he gets one the crowd explodes thinking this could be the end. Regardless, Kobashi murders poor Ogawa with a lariat to win. See this match somewhere if you can. Rating: ****

Kenta Kobashi [c] vs. Takuma Sano - GHC Championship Match. I don't even know who Sano is and that doesn't bode well for this one. Match is fine, playing off the old "Battle of the Bulls" theme. Two big guys just slugging it out. Never really kicks into gear, though. Kobashi wins with the lariat. Rating: **

Kenta Kobashi [c] vs. Takeshi Rikio - GHC Championship Match. This match suffered similarly to the prior one. Rikio is a big fella so it was just a battle of the unstoppable force and the immoveable object. But then in the last 10 minutes or so it really picks up and Rikio started me thinking he might win (even though know he doesn't!) with all the close calls. Like, legitimately some great stuff at the end. Enough to take it into really good territory? No, but enough to elevate it from decent-status. Kobashi finishes Rikio with the most desperate looking lariat I've ever seen (as in, "Holy fuck I hope this does him in!"). Rating: ***

Match of the Disc: Kenta Kobashi vs. Yoshinari Ogawa

Regarding Ratings:
0 - Horrible and avoid.
* - Not good.
** - Decent.
*** - Good.
**** - Really good.
***** - Amazing.

I don't do quarter or half stars.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:51 am

Finally saw the full episode of Impact...Mr Anderson seems to have regained a lot of his swagger recently. He's got charisma once more.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum