Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Maybe this is the deal with the Carter heel story, to give her a storyline exit as well as the business one.

Advertisement

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:45 pm

You're giving them a bit too much credit there, fieldy.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:50 pm

syxxpakk wrote:You're giving them a bit too much credit there, fieldy.

even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:01 pm

Damien Sad-Now :(

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:19 pm

Did they replace Cena's elbow with one from a black guy? He's talking extra ghetto today.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Bianco
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Bianco » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:41 pm

well i guess someone else had to lose MitB, I'm sure someone in creative got a chuckle that the only other MitB loser beat Sandow :roll:

McMonkey Nut
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby McMonkey Nut » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:53 am

Bianco wrote:well i guess someone else had to lose MitB, I'm sure someone in creative got a chuckle that the only other MitB loser beat Sandow :roll:

I honestly had forgotten Sandow still even had the MITB case. There only needs to be one MITB winner and there needs to be only one Main Event Champion. Having two makes one seems trivial and thats what happened here.

Bianco
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Bianco » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:23 am

Thunderstruck wrote:
I honestly had forgotten Sandow still even had the MITB case. There only needs to be one MITB winner and there needs to be only one Main Event Champion. Having two makes one seems trivial and thats what happened here.

you are correct sir

it's part of the society that has to give everyone an award for something even for losing, "participation" awards so no one gets left out, If Roddy Piper was wrestling today he would be a 9 time world champion by now. Tommy Rich would have one the title 5 more times at least.

That 's why I like Jericho who are more proud of their body of work than winning a million titles

rant done......... 8)

Logan.1179
rubber spoon

Title: WoCka wOCkA ...
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Logan.1179 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:34 am

Bianco wrote:
you are correct sir

it's part of the society that has to give everyone an award for something even for losing, "participation" awards so no one gets left out ...

That's got nothing to do with the current title problem in the WWE. They are still paying for their failed experiment of two separate brands within one company (RAW v Smackdown) where each brand had its own set of belts. Now that they've merged everyone in all but name, many of the belts are rendered redundant and useless where other belts that should mean something (ie Tag Teams) are pointless due to lack of competition. They can get rid of outlier belts like Cruiserweight (dammit!) and Hardcore easily because they don't have histories. You can't just eliminate the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship because they (used to) mean something.

It's a sad, ridiculous situation. When you can't even defend every belt at a PPV, not even one called "Night of Champions," you have too many damn belts. :smt011

McMonkey Nut
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby McMonkey Nut » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:37 am

Bianco wrote:
you are correct sir

it's part of the society that has to give everyone an award for something even for losing, "participation" awards so no one gets left out, If Roddy Piper was wrestling today he would be a 9 time world champion by now. Tommy Rich would have one the title 5 more times at least.

That 's why I like Jericho who are more proud of their body of work than winning a million titles

rant done......... 8)

Thats the big thing that bothers me about todays product all the big feuds have to center around the titles. Back in the old days some of the best feuds had nothing to do with titles or championships. They were because you absolutely hated the other guy you were facing in the ring. He did something to a member of your family or stole your girl or shit in your gym bag but whatever the reason you hated your opponent and wanted to kill that motherfucker in the ring, titles be damned.

Now it's all about getting the belt, getting the briefcase, etc etc. There is nothing personal about feuds anymore and that takes away from the story telling IMHO.

Punk and Heyman was the best example of a good storyline that didn't involve titles until they involved Ryback because Ryback is fucking horrible.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:41 am

Punchy wrote:Damien Sad-Now :(

Agree. :-(

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:42 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Did they replace Cena's elbow with one from a black guy? He's talking extra ghetto today.

That promo was so fucking bad.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:43 am

Bianco wrote:well i guess someone else had to lose MitB, I'm sure someone in creative got a chuckle that the only other MitB loser beat Sandow :roll:

Maybe that's how they convinced Cena to lose in the first place.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:45 am

Log-Man wrote:
That's got nothing to do with the current title problem in the WWE. They are still paying for their failed experiment of two separate brands within one company (RAW v Smackdown) where each brand had its own set of belts. Now that they've merged everyone in all but name, many of the belts are rendered redundant and useless where other belts that should mean something (ie Tag Teams) are pointless due to lack of competition. They can get rid of outlier belts like Cruiserweight (dammit!) and Hardcore easily because they don't have histories. You can't just eliminate the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship because they (used to) mean something.

It's a sad, ridiculous situation. When you can't even defend every belt at a PPV, not even one called "Night of Champions," you have too many damn belts. :smt011

I think with Cena having the WHC he’s going to go after the WWE title and finally have one.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:47 am

Thunderstruck wrote:
Thats the big thing that bothers me about todays product all the big feuds have to center around the titles. Back in the old days some of the best feuds had nothing to do with titles or championships. They were because you absolutely hated the other guy you were facing in the ring. He did something to a member of your family or stole your girl or shit in your gym bag but whatever the reason you hated your opponent and wanted to kill that motherfucker in the ring, titles be damned.

Now it's all about getting the belt, getting the briefcase, etc etc. There is nothing personal about feuds anymore and that takes away from the story telling IMHO.

Punk and Heyman was the best example of a good storyline that didn't involve titles until they involved Ryback because Ryback is fucking horrible.

Yeah, it’s sad. If someone gets the IC or US title it usually means their career is about to take a down turn.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum