Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 643 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:19 pm

Did they replace Cena's elbow with one from a black guy? He's talking extra ghetto today.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 74 posts

Postby Bianco » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:41 pm

well i guess someone else had to lose MitB, I'm sure someone in creative got a chuckle that the only other MitB loser beat Sandow :roll:

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 359 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:53 am

Bianco wrote:well i guess someone else had to lose MitB, I'm sure someone in creative got a chuckle that the only other MitB loser beat Sandow :roll:

I honestly had forgotten Sandow still even had the MITB case. There only needs to be one MITB winner and there needs to be only one Main Event Champion. Having two makes one seems trivial and thats what happened here.

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:23 am

Thunderstruck wrote:
I honestly had forgotten Sandow still even had the MITB case. There only needs to be one MITB winner and there needs to be only one Main Event Champion. Having two makes one seems trivial and thats what happened here.

you are correct sir

it's part of the society that has to give everyone an award for something even for losing, "participation" awards so no one gets left out, If Roddy Piper was wrestling today he would be a 9 time world champion by now. Tommy Rich would have one the title 5 more times at least.

That 's why I like Jericho who are more proud of their body of work than winning a million titles

rant done......... 8)

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 135 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:34 am

Bianco wrote:
you are correct sir

it's part of the society that has to give everyone an award for something even for losing, "participation" awards so no one gets left out ...

That's got nothing to do with the current title problem in the WWE. They are still paying for their failed experiment of two separate brands within one company (RAW v Smackdown) where each brand had its own set of belts. Now that they've merged everyone in all but name, many of the belts are rendered redundant and useless where other belts that should mean something (ie Tag Teams) are pointless due to lack of competition. They can get rid of outlier belts like Cruiserweight (dammit!) and Hardcore easily because they don't have histories. You can't just eliminate the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship because they (used to) mean something.

It's a sad, ridiculous situation. When you can't even defend every belt at a PPV, not even one called "Night of Champions," you have too many damn belts. :smt011

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 359 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:37 am

Bianco wrote:
you are correct sir

it's part of the society that has to give everyone an award for something even for losing, "participation" awards so no one gets left out, If Roddy Piper was wrestling today he would be a 9 time world champion by now. Tommy Rich would have one the title 5 more times at least.

That 's why I like Jericho who are more proud of their body of work than winning a million titles

rant done......... 8)

Thats the big thing that bothers me about todays product all the big feuds have to center around the titles. Back in the old days some of the best feuds had nothing to do with titles or championships. They were because you absolutely hated the other guy you were facing in the ring. He did something to a member of your family or stole your girl or shit in your gym bag but whatever the reason you hated your opponent and wanted to kill that motherfucker in the ring, titles be damned.

Now it's all about getting the belt, getting the briefcase, etc etc. There is nothing personal about feuds anymore and that takes away from the story telling IMHO.

Punk and Heyman was the best example of a good storyline that didn't involve titles until they involved Ryback because Ryback is fucking horrible.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 82 posts

Postby misac » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:41 am

Punchy wrote:Damien Sad-Now :(

Agree. :-(

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:42 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Did they replace Cena's elbow with one from a black guy? He's talking extra ghetto today.

That promo was so fucking bad.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:43 am

Bianco wrote:well i guess someone else had to lose MitB, I'm sure someone in creative got a chuckle that the only other MitB loser beat Sandow :roll:

Maybe that's how they convinced Cena to lose in the first place.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:45 am

Log-Man wrote:
That's got nothing to do with the current title problem in the WWE. They are still paying for their failed experiment of two separate brands within one company (RAW v Smackdown) where each brand had its own set of belts. Now that they've merged everyone in all but name, many of the belts are rendered redundant and useless where other belts that should mean something (ie Tag Teams) are pointless due to lack of competition. They can get rid of outlier belts like Cruiserweight (dammit!) and Hardcore easily because they don't have histories. You can't just eliminate the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship because they (used to) mean something.

It's a sad, ridiculous situation. When you can't even defend every belt at a PPV, not even one called "Night of Champions," you have too many damn belts. :smt011

I think with Cena having the WHC he’s going to go after the WWE title and finally have one.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:47 am

Thunderstruck wrote:
Thats the big thing that bothers me about todays product all the big feuds have to center around the titles. Back in the old days some of the best feuds had nothing to do with titles or championships. They were because you absolutely hated the other guy you were facing in the ring. He did something to a member of your family or stole your girl or shit in your gym bag but whatever the reason you hated your opponent and wanted to kill that motherfucker in the ring, titles be damned.

Now it's all about getting the belt, getting the briefcase, etc etc. There is nothing personal about feuds anymore and that takes away from the story telling IMHO.

Punk and Heyman was the best example of a good storyline that didn't involve titles until they involved Ryback because Ryback is fucking horrible.

Yeah, it’s sad. If someone gets the IC or US title it usually means their career is about to take a down turn.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:49 am

It was a good Raw, some good matches. Really liked Roman Reigns out bumping Seth Rollins.

I was surprised the crowd booed Shawn so fast without him going into heel mode. And when he did he was such a dick. He sucked at taking the Yes Lock though. :P

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 135 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:01 pm

misac wrote:
I think with Cena having the WHC he’s going to go after the WWE title and finally have one.

Here's hoping.

And it better not have a spinner.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:51 pm

misac wrote:

It would be nice to see a situation where the same wrestler could hold both belts at the same time, but could lose one or the other on RAW or Smackdown. It could set up for having a "title unification" match on maybe one PPV a year.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:25 pm

Thunderstruck wrote:

that's what i was trying to get at, you just did a better job of it, a lot of the old feuds had nothing to do with titles.

I agree though that with WWE no longer doing a true brand split all the titles are unnecessary, either return the brand split or merge the titles

I liked the idea of doing brand split ppv's a while ago, it would given them two months of tv to develop a story instead of 3 weeks

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum