Thursday, May 5, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Still Kardashian free!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:18 pm

misac wrote:
How'd they do?


They lost, but it was a decent match, better than any I've seen from The Ascension before.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:49 pm

misac wrote:I saw Impact last night, was Madison Rayne’s chest always so big. :shock:


I think she gave birth recently, that's why.
User avatar

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Saved on plastic surgery
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:58 pm

This Just in, Randy O***n is boring.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1895409-wwe-reality-check-randy-orton

It's a video that won't the system won't allow to be embedded. JUDE!
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 am

Randy Orton may have been boring in the past, but he certainly isn't right now.
User avatar

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:25 am

So I'm assuming no heel turn just yet


Post® Pebbles™ Cereal Enlists Top Athletes and Entertainers to Lead the Charge in the Showdown Between Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles

WWE® Superstar John Cena® Appointed Captain of Team Fruity; Professional Basketball Player Kyrie Irving to Lead Team Cocoa

PARSIPPANY, N.J., Dec. 20, 2013 — /PRNewswire/ — Today, Post Foods, LLC, launched a friendly competition between Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles to see which cereal is most popular among fans. Online and mobile competitions from January through September 2014 will rally support for each flavor. WWE Superstar John Cena returns to the front of Post Fruity Pebbles cereal boxes and will serve as captain for Team Fruity. Professional Basketball All Star Kyrie Irving will take his long-time love for Cocoa Pebbles to the next level by appearing on Post Cocoa Pebbles cereal boxes as captain of Team Cocoa.

To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please visit: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/64790-post-f ... rie-irving

In 2014, Pebbles will ask fans of all ages to choose a side – are you on Team Fruity or Team Cocoa? Fans can declare their love for their favorite Pebbles flavor by visiting a microsite and downloading an interactive app encouraging fans to vote, take photos, and play minigames. They will be asked to complete simple challenges such as making team spirit items like pennants out of Pebbles boxes, and sharing them through Instagram using their team’s hashtag (#TeamFruity or #TeamCocoa). Fans who complete these online missions and choose a side will be able to win prizes like giftcards, iPads, or John Cena and Kyrie Irving signed merchandise.

“Our 2014 campaign builds upon the genuine love that our fans have for Pebbles cereal,” said Sharon Pupel, Marketing Director at Post Foods, LLC. “We are enlisting celebrities, sports stars, musicians and regular kids to share with us their love for Pebbles, and we’re starting with WWE Superstar John Cena and basketball all-star Kyrie Irving. With the help of our team captains, kids will be able to show their team spirit and earn fun prizes along the way.”

In addition to adding famous team captains to the Pebbles roster, the brand is expanding its social media presence beyond Facebook to Twitter and Instagram. In their roles as team captains, John Cena and Kyrie Irving will announce new missions digitally and interact with fans online.

When Pebbles fans choose a side, they will also be supporting their team captain’s nonprofit organization. Cena, Team Fruity members and WWE, will be raising awareness for Hire Heroes USA, an organization dedicated to creating job opportunities for US military veterans and their spouses through personalized employment training and corporate engagement.

“It’s truly an honor to add ‘team captain’ for Fruity Pebbles to my resume and support Hire Heroes USA while doing so,” said WWE Superstar John Cena. “Kyrie is a tough competitor on the court, but let’s see how he does in this competition. He better be ready for Team Fruity.”

Team Cocoa members will be helping Kyrie reach out to middle schools, high schools and the larger community to help educate people about the unique skills and needs of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities through the nonprofit, Best Buddies.

“I’ve loved Cocoa Pebbles since I was a kid, and am thrilled to have the opportunity to lead this team off the basketball court,” said 2011 Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving. “As the team captain for Cocoa Pebbles, I hope to take our fans to the championship and show John Cena and Team Fruity which team really rocks.”
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:42 pm

New Japan has announced the complete line up for this years Jan. 4 Dome Show

http://www.puroresufan.com/njpw/2013/12 ... an-122113/

NJPW “WRESTLE KINGDOM 8 IN TOKYO DOME”, 1/4/14 (WPW/PPV/iPPV)
Tokyo Dome

0. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Tomoaki Honma, Captain New Japan & BUSHI vs. Manabu Nakanishi, Super Strong Machine, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title – 4WAY Match: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson (c) vs. KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley vs. TAKA Michinoku & Taichi vs. Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov
2. IWGP Tag Team Title: Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. (c) vs. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows
3. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Rob Conway (c) vs. Satoshi Kojima
4. Special Tag Match: Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Daniel Gracie & Rolles Gracie
5. Special Tag Match: Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin vs. Great Muta & Toru Yano
6. King of Destroyer Match: Togi Makabe vs. Bad Luck Fale
7. Special Singles Match – Hirooki Goto Return Match: Hirooki Goto vs. Katsuyori Shibata
8. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Prince Devitt (c) vs. Kota Ibushi
9. Double Main Event I – IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
10. Double Main Event II – IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi



A few notes for information sake, since Punchy has said he's going to check this show out this year and I'm hoping to interest others in checking it out as well. :)

1 - The zero match is a dark match and I'm not sure how New Japan handles them on the broadcast PPVs, but they usually show them on the iPPVs

2 - The rules for the King of Destroyer match are, no pinfalls, no submission, no DQ and no countout. The match can only end via KO or TKO.

3 - Re. the Great Muta, this is going to be the first Dome Show he's wrestled in since 2008. Him, along with the two Gracie brothers are the only special attractions this year. Everyone else is a regular member of the roster.
User avatar

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Jeff Jarrett, who co-founded TNA Wrestling with his father in 2002, announced this afternoon via Twitter that he has parted ways with the promotion. He wrote:

“On December 22nd, 2013 I officially resigned from TNA Entertainment. Thanks to everyone involved for all the fantastic memories! #grateful”
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Bianco wrote:Jeff Jarrett, who co-founded TNA Wrestling with his father in 2002, announced this afternoon via Twitter that he has parted ways with the promotion. He wrote:

“On December 22nd, 2013 I officially resigned from TNA Entertainment. Thanks to everyone involved for all the fantastic memories! #grateful”


Dammit I wanted him to have one last run.

Please be a swerve.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:06 pm

Slapnuts.
User avatar

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:15 pm

I can see him making a one off appearance at Rumble, I know Vince gets along with Jeff's dad...at least I think
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:45 pm

Bianco wrote:I can see him making a one off appearance at Rumble, I know Vince gets along with Jeff's dad...at least I think


He does. Jerry gave him Vladimir Kozlov and Vince gave him a developmental contract on Jerry Jarrets word alone.

I believe Jerry and Jeff fell out over TNA though.
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:18 am

Punchy wrote:Randy Orton may have been boring in the past, but he certainly isn't right now.


He’ll be boring again. I like Orton but he’s a roller coaster he can go from great to bad, probably depends on his mood. :D
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:25 am

Bianco wrote:So I'm assuming no heel turn just yet


Post® Pebbles™ Cereal Enlists Top Athletes and Entertainers to Lead the Charge in the Showdown Between Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles

WWE® Superstar John Cena® Appointed Captain of Team Fruity; Professional Basketball Player Kyrie Irving to Lead Team Cocoa

PARSIPPANY, N.J., Dec. 20, 2013 — /PRNewswire/ — Today, Post Foods, LLC, launched a friendly competition between Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles to see which cereal is most popular among fans. Online and mobile competitions from January through September 2014 will rally support for each flavor. WWE Superstar John Cena returns to the front of Post Fruity Pebbles cereal boxes and will serve as captain for Team Fruity. Professional Basketball All Star Kyrie Irving will take his long-time love for Cocoa Pebbles to the next level by appearing on Post Cocoa Pebbles cereal boxes as captain of Team Cocoa.

To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please visit: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/64790-post-f ... rie-irving

In 2014, Pebbles will ask fans of all ages to choose a side – are you on Team Fruity or Team Cocoa? Fans can declare their love for their favorite Pebbles flavor by visiting a microsite and downloading an interactive app encouraging fans to vote, take photos, and play minigames. They will be asked to complete simple challenges such as making team spirit items like pennants out of Pebbles boxes, and sharing them through Instagram using their team’s hashtag (#TeamFruity or #TeamCocoa). Fans who complete these online missions and choose a side will be able to win prizes like giftcards, iPads, or John Cena and Kyrie Irving signed merchandise.

“Our 2014 campaign builds upon the genuine love that our fans have for Pebbles cereal,” said Sharon Pupel, Marketing Director at Post Foods, LLC. “We are enlisting celebrities, sports stars, musicians and regular kids to share with us their love for Pebbles, and we’re starting with WWE Superstar John Cena and basketball all-star Kyrie Irving. With the help of our team captains, kids will be able to show their team spirit and earn fun prizes along the way.”

In addition to adding famous team captains to the Pebbles roster, the brand is expanding its social media presence beyond Facebook to Twitter and Instagram. In their roles as team captains, John Cena and Kyrie Irving will announce new missions digitally and interact with fans online.

When Pebbles fans choose a side, they will also be supporting their team captain’s nonprofit organization. Cena, Team Fruity members and WWE, will be raising awareness for Hire Heroes USA, an organization dedicated to creating job opportunities for US military veterans and their spouses through personalized employment training and corporate engagement.

“It’s truly an honor to add ‘team captain’ for Fruity Pebbles to my resume and support Hire Heroes USA while doing so,” said WWE Superstar John Cena. “Kyrie is a tough competitor on the court, but let’s see how he does in this competition. He better be ready for Team Fruity.”

Team Cocoa members will be helping Kyrie reach out to middle schools, high schools and the larger community to help educate people about the unique skills and needs of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities through the nonprofit, Best Buddies.

“I’ve loved Cocoa Pebbles since I was a kid, and am thrilled to have the opportunity to lead this team off the basketball court,” said 2011 Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving. “As the team captain for Cocoa Pebbles, I hope to take our fans to the championship and show John Cena and Team Fruity which team really rocks.”


How do you vote for the generic brand? :P
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:27 am

Stephen Day wrote:New Japan has announced the complete line up for this years Jan. 4 Dome Show

http://www.puroresufan.com/njpw/2013/12 ... an-122113/




A few notes for information sake, since Punchy has said he's going to check this show out this year and I'm hoping to interest others in checking it out as well. :)

1 - The zero match is a dark match and I'm not sure how New Japan handles them on the broadcast PPVs, but they usually show them on the iPPVs

2 - The rules for the King of Destroyer match are, no pinfalls, no submission, no DQ and no countout. The match can only end via KO or TKO.

3 - Re. the Great Muta, this is going to be the first Dome Show he's wrestled in since 2008. Him, along with the two Gracie brothers are the only special attractions this year. Everyone else is a regular member of the roster.


Was that the TNA one? I think that's the first one I ever saw.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarrySagittarius, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Glacier16, Glaeken, Jacob D, KingPagla, MarvelFan88, Matatronic, senwolf and 46 guests