Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 288 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:55 am

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Tanahashi takes the title from Nakamura

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:56 am

This was a really good Dome Show this year with lots of great matches and moments. :)

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:49 pm

Opener was fun, tag match was solid, Conway/Kojima was fine, Nagata & Sakuraba vs Gracies was awful, Muta/Yano vs Benjamin/Suzuki was a disappointment, Fale/Makabe was fine, Goto/Shibata was good, Devitt/Ibushi was really good, Naito/Okada was fantastic, and Nakamura/Tanahashi was really good.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:30 am

syxxpakk wrote:Opener was fun, tag match was solid, Conway/Kojima was fine, Nagata & Sakuraba vs Gracies was awful, Muta/Yano vs Benjamin/Suzuki was a disappointment, Fale/Makabe was fine, Goto/Shibata was good, Devitt/Ibushi was really good, Naito/Okada was fantastic, and Nakamura/Tanahashi was really good.

I thought Muta/Yano vs Benjamin/Suzuki was an alright match and the match with the Gracies was what I expected it to be overall. It was the card's celebrity guest match. Compare this with other celebrity matches (particularly some of the WCW celebrity matches -- Jay Leno anyone), and it's comes off as being acceptable for what it was. The ending was WTF, but I suspect there was some politics involving Sakuraba's history with the Gracies going on there. I also though Goto/Shibata nearly stole the show. These would be my only disagreements with your assessments though

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:36 am

You're too polite, Stephen. It was horrible. Are you on Twitter?

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:37 am

Also, I don't think Devitt's done and in fact I suspect he moves up to have the FEUD OF AGES~! with Tanahashi over the IC belt.

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 54 posts

Postby Bianco » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:50 am

from PWInsider

In December 2013, TNA taped six episodes of Impact Wrestling from Universal Studios in Orlando, FL. At the time, the company sent out a press release about the Impact Zone homecoming, claiming that there were plans to launch a training facility and use the tools available at the Universal sound stage as a hub for #IMPACT365.

Next week, the final pre-recorded episode of Impact Wrestling will air on Spike TV followed by a live Genesis special on January 16th. Following the Genesis special, TNA will tape several more episodes in Huntsville, AL before leaving for the annual UK Tour, where at least two, but likely four episodes of Impact are scheduled.

At this point, once TNA returns from the UK Tour they will have Impact recorded through February with a string of live events ending on February 23rd. This is the last date currently booked for any TNA events, and so far a destination has not been determined for future episodes. According to reports, they could not secure the Impact Zone past their December booking, so it remains to be seen where television will be taped starting in March. Expect a press release on the issue from TNA soon.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:02 am

Daniel Wyatt!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:29 pm

syxxpakk wrote:You're too polite, Stephen. It was horrible. Are you on Twitter?

I saw the matches differently than you did. I wouldn't say that's a matter of politeness.

No, I'm not on Twitter. I'm assuming from your next post that you're asking due to to Prince Devitt's Twitter account, which I've heard from people is interesting to read.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:31 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Also, I don't think Devitt's done and in fact I suspect he moves up to have the FEUD OF AGES~! with Tanahashi over the IC belt.

I hope you're right. I'd prefer for him to stay in New Japan as they going to do a lot more with him than I can see the Fed doing with him.

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:24 pm

I just finished watching it on You Tube, very enjoyable show

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:27 pm

Bianco wrote:I just finished watching it on You Tube, very enjoyable show

I'm assuming you're talking about the Dome Show. If not, sorry for the incorrect assumption, but if I'm right, just one question. What was the best match in you opinion?

I'll ask the same question for anyone else who has seen the show.

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:53 pm

yes, :) Devitt vs. Kota match probably followed by the opening 4 way, even though i
wished the Splitters would had won

I'm not a big fan of Conway regardless if he's in America or Japan so I'm glad he lost the belt, it was good seeing Race. For that matter Stan Hansen.

The rest of the card as I said was enjoyable, I love watching it, as a "deprogramming" of American (WWE) "wrestling". I admit I don't steam or catch it a lot, maybe a match or two once every couple of months so I'm no expert, but good wrestling is good wrestling.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Bianco wrote:yes, :) Devitt vs. Kota match probably followed by the opening 4 way, even though i
wished the Splitters would had won

Both good choices. I loved Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata. It seemed like the two of them were just putting everything on the line in that match.

I'm not a big fan of Conway regardless if he's in America or Japan so I'm glad he lost the belt, it was good seeing Race. For that matter Stan Hansen.

I agree with you about Conway. As for Hansen and Race, I really liked seeing Hansen, but was kind of saddened to see the condition Race is currently in. This is the first time I've seen him walking around with a cane.

The rest of the card as I said was enjoyable, I love watching it, as a "deprogramming" of American (WWE) "wrestling". I admit I don't steam or catch it a lot, maybe a match or two once every couple of months so I'm no expert, but good wrestling is good wrestling.

Agreed, good wrestling is good wrestling. :)

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:20 pm

The Young Bucks have talent, but the only thing I was thinking was which one is trying to be Shawn and which one Hunter? I don't know much about this Bullet Club gimmick other than it being Devitt's heel group.

I'm surprised Muta still moves as well as he does.

BTW: roh spoiler
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Strong got injured during his match with AJ when he took a styles clash badly

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum