Monday, August 29, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:16 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I hope they're putting Stings career on the line in this story so that it opens the door for a WWE Hall of Fame induction side by side with the Ultimate Warrior.

Or at the very least for Sting to induct Warrior.


I don't think either of those would be viable options, though. Warrior, crazy as he was, is a big enough name to headline a HOF class by himself, and Sting even moreso. I can't see putting them in the same year.

And why have Sting induct Warrior? Because of their past? 90% of WWE fans today are unaware that the Blade Runners was even a thing. No, inducting Warrior is a job they'll give to only two possible guys: Hogan, or Vince himself. Probably Hogan.

Or, you want a real longshot... maybe the Honky Tonk Man. :P
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
I don't think either of those would be viable options, though. Warrior, crazy as he was, is a big enough name to headline a HOF class by himself, and Sting even moreso. I can't see putting them in the same year.

And why have Sting induct Warrior? Because of their past? 90% of WWE fans today are unaware that the Blade Runners was even a thing. No, inducting Warrior is a job they'll give to only two possible guys: Hogan, or Vince himself. Probably Hogan.

Or, you want a real longshot... maybe the Honky Tonk Man. :P


I thought Hogan and Warrior hate eachother as much as Sheik and Hogan hate eachother.

To be honest, I'm hoping he goes on stage and gives one of his legendary rants.
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:24 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
I thought Hogan and Warrior hate eachother as much as Sheik and Hogan hate eachother.

To be honest, I'm hoping he goes on stage and gives one of his legendary rants.


Hogan's a whore, dude. If he has to say nice things about Warrior to get a camera pointed at him, he'll do it in a heartbeat.

And Kong yes, I want a crazy Warrior rant too!
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:36 am

Lord Simian wrote:
Hogan's a whore, dude. If he has to say nice things about Warrior to get a camera pointed at him, he'll do it in a heartbeat.

And Kong yes, I want a crazy Warrior rant too!


You got it!

User avatar

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:15 am

I kind of want this

- WWE Hall of Famer The Iron Sheik has released a new alarm clock app on iTunes for 99 cents. The Sheik said in a press release:

“If you don’t have the balls to pay $0.99 for this app, you are a no-good jabroni, piece of shit, low life and YOU CAN go fuck yourself FOREVER.”

More features will be added to the app over the next few months. According to the release, one of the alarms you can choose features Sheik saying the following line: “WAKE THE FUCK UP YOU NO GOOD JABRONI!”
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:31 am

Lord Simian wrote:
I'm thinking he or Batista are the odds on favorites to win the Rumble.


I was leaning towards Punk or Batista. But now with Punk seemingly feuding with HHH I don’t have a second guess.
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:33 am

syxxpakk wrote:It's been talked about for awhile. They had a sort of "Farewell Tour" on the indies, but they were expected to end up in NXT. That didn't pan out, I assume because of Davey Richards being Davey Richards. Dixie's a moron though. On one hand, it doesn't really matter if you spoil this surprise because literally nothing - including The Rock - will ever change how TNA functions and does business-wise. On the other, the idea that she thinks teasing this on Twitter is going to make even the slightest bit of difference tomorrow... Just dumb.


Too bad, I really wanted it to work out for them and WWE.
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:46 am

Bianco wrote:I think (among other things) this is why they are failing. unless you are hardcore wrestling fan or an iwc follower you have no clue who these guys are or even care

TNA is trying to make these people happy while WWE is looking at the bigger fan base.

Looking at a Cena heel turn. If in TNA he would have turned long ago. Making wrestling fans happy but losing the bigger market.

WWE is smarter than that they're trying to appeal to a larger audience even get none wrestling fans to jump on


They’re really talented wrestlers, bringing them in is a good idea. Sure they’re unknown but it’s the same thing with Danielson and Punk. I hadn’t heard of Punk until he premiered on ECW.

I don’t think they’re trying to make the IWC happy. I mean, why start now? They’ve/we’ve been shitting on them for years for Hogan/Bischoff/etc. I think they finally saw how well it worked for WWE and had the idea to hire good wrestlers.

:smt102 :smt102

Damn you for making me defend TNA!
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:48 am

Bianco wrote:I kind of want this

- WWE Hall of Famer The Iron Sheik has released a new alarm clock app on iTunes for 99 cents. The Sheik said in a press release:

“If you don’t have the balls to pay $0.99 for this app, you are a no-good jabroni, piece of shit, low life and YOU CAN go fuck yourself FOREVER.”

More features will be added to the app over the next few months. According to the release, one of the alarms you can choose features Sheik saying the following line: “WAKE THE FUCK UP YOU NO GOOD JABRONI!”


:lol:
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:59 am

misac wrote:
I was leaning towards Punk or Batista. But now with Punk seemingly feuding with HHH I don’t have a second guess.


It'll be any of Punk, Batista or Bryan I think.
User avatar

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:15 am

misac wrote:
They’re really talented wrestlers, bringing them in is a good idea. Sure they’re unknown but it’s the same thing with Danielson and Punk. I hadn’t heard of Punk until he premiered on ECW.

I don’t think they’re trying to make the IWC happy. I mean, why start now? They’ve/we’ve been shitting on them for years for Hogan/Bischoff/etc. I think they finally saw how well it worked for WWE and had the idea to hire good wrestlers.

:smt102 :smt102

Damn you for making me defend TNA!

Hehehe
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Bianco wrote:I think (among other things) this is why they are failing. unless you are hardcore wrestling fan or an iwc follower you have no clue who these guys are or even care

TNA is trying to make these people happy while WWE is looking at the bigger fan base.

Looking at a Cena heel turn. If in TNA he would have turned long ago. Making wrestling fans happy but losing the bigger market.

WWE is smarter than that they're trying to appeal to a larger audience even get none wrestling fans to jump on


TNA is failing because of poor management. Bringing in the Wolves is a fine decision. Who should they bring in? No one? More ex-WWE castoffs? The Rock wouldn't turn around business for TNA, so there's really nothing they can do. TNA has tried booking to the hardcores, to the general public, to everyone. They've tried booking old stars, building new ones... The problem has always been the same: creative.
User avatar

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Roman Reign's kick on punks head from the floor was epic

Image
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:01 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
TNA is failing because of poor management. Bringing in the Wolves is a fine decision. Who should they bring in? No one? More ex-WWE castoffs? The Rock wouldn't turn around business for TNA, so there's really nothing they can do. TNA has tried booking to the hardcores, to the general public, to everyone. They've tried booking old stars, building new ones... The problem has always been the same: creative.


It is pretty disappointing they Mr #iwantwrestling is giving us more of the same. Granted stories now have more coherence but it still feels like the Russo era.

About the only thing TNA has surpassed WWE on story wise is how to manage the undercard.

Otherwise the quality is basically the same but with a smaller budget.

As for the Wolves, the only guaranteed way to get minuscule ratings boosts are to say 'hey smarks, we've got the American Wolves!!!'.

Would work a lot better than TNA's 500th mystery man/faction being unveiled.
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:12 pm

Punchy wrote:
It'll be any of Punk, Batista or Bryan I think.

We still talking the Rumble? After the other night on Raw, no one but Bryan makes sense. :smt102

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eric Ratcliffe, Fysh, GiveWarAChance, Google [Bot], kwiktpyer, Liam Moorhart and 25 guests