Sunday, December 11, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Putting the yellow back into journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:22 am

syxxpakk wrote:Lesnar is pretty much Undertaker-bound. Batista is likely opposite Orton.

Vince and HHH should already be feeling the money vanishing from their wallets with Batista-O***n as the main event for WM 30.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:23 am

It won't be the main event.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:27 am

And the huge hit in revenue for WrestleMania won't be because of any of the matches, it'll be because of the Network. Buyrates are becoming a thing of the past anyway. It's all about TV rights fees. It's funny, in the late 90s both companies made such a huge fucking deal about ratings - but it's not until 15 years later that they actually matter.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:22 am

doombug wrote:But we've had the Batista vs Lesnar rumors swirling for months now and HHH vs Punk is pretty much confirmed at this point.

I really hope they pull the trigger and have Bryan win the rumble and go on to win at Mania. The story basically writes itself.

I'd rather someone other than Orton has the title to face him though. :smt102

No way, it has to be Bryan Vs Orton, they put on some amazing matches last year, and Orton is the one who's been screwing Bryan since Summerslam. If he were to get his win over someone else, it wouldn't have the same impact.

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:23 pm

I'm still hoping for a Shield vs. Brothers of Destruction match, they are keeping Kane's mask around for a reason. Wishful thinking but it really depends on the Untertaker's condition.

If Brock wins the belt between now and Mania i can see a Brock vs Bryan match, i think it would make a great story

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:27 pm

Punchy wrote:
No way, it has to be Bryan Vs Orton, they put on some amazing matches last year, and Orton is the one who's been screwing Bryan since Summerslam. If he were to get his win over someone else, it wouldn't have the same impact.

So WWE would put a match that did lackluster buyrate numbers as the headliner for a couple of average PPV's and make it the headliner for WM 30?

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:29 pm

Looks like an event with a lot of Chikara alum. Not sure if it's supposed to be an official Chikara event or not. Anyone know much about it?

http://nationalprowrestlingday.com/
National Pro Wrestling Day is an action-packed event offered to the public free of charge on February 1st, 2014 at The Palmer Center in Easton, PA. The men and women of NPWD believe in the positive power of pro-wrestling, and we’re asking for your help in proving it to the world.

On National Pro Wrestling Day, we are going to raise money for the Against Malaria Foundation, and together, with the support of wrestling fans worldwide, we will save lives. Renowned for their standout transparency and accountability, the Against Malaria Foundation is one of less than a dozen charitable organizations to be recommended by GiveWell.org, by Peter Singer's The Life You Can Save, and by Giving What We Can. That means the money we donate goes to the people that desperately need our help, not to line some corporate fat-cat's wallet.

Malaria is among the leading causes of child deaths in Africa. In fact, 3,000 children die every day from Malaria. Yes, every single day. The Against Malaria Foundation provides long-lasting insecticide treated nets to protect against malaria in developing countries. Each net costs about $5 US, and the nets are tested to work effectively for up to 5 years. With our fundraising goal of $5,000.00 US, we aim to play a role in saving 1,000 lives through our combined efforts on National Pro Wrestling Day.

You can make a cash donation the day of the event, or you can make an online donation at any time through February 2nd, 2014 directly through the Against Malaria Foundation page for NPWD 2014 which is live right now. Either way, 100% of the donated funds will go directly to those in need.

We know not everyone can afford to give. That’s why we’re making the entire event free to the public. Donations are entirely optional. You don’t have to spend a dollar to enjoy the action on National Pro Wrestling Day. But if you can help, please do.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:41 am

Juan Cena wrote:
So WWE would put a match that did lackluster buyrate numbers as the headliner for a couple of average PPV's and make it the headliner for WM 30?

Wrestlemania is the first PPV to be on the Network... buyrates won't matter.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:45 am

Juan Cena wrote:Looks like an event with a lot of Chikara alum. Not sure if it's supposed to be an official Chikara event or not. Anyone know much about it?

http://nationalprowrestlingday.com/

I don't know much about Chikara, but it looks like this event is where their big shut-down story will come to an end, and the company will come back.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:51 am

I finally got around to watching NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 8 at the weekend, and I enjoyed it, but I wasn't blown away. There were some great entrances, but I think I kind of need English commentary to really appreciate it, if only to know what the story behind the matches are.

Because I had no commentary, I was either totally enraptured by a match, or my mind wandered, it's not like with english-language stuff where I pretty much maintain the same level of attention.

My favourite match was Hirooki Goto Vs Katsuyori Shibata, a) because it was a good match and really hard-hitting, and b) they aired a pre-match video package that, albeit in Japanese, told me enough of the story, that these guys are childhood friends turned rivals and that made me care. For the rest of the matches, I didn't really know why anyone was fighting, except because they want a Title.

I also enjoyed the Okada/Naito match, Okada is a bad-ass, and, probably because of all the American-style heel stable shenanigans, the Prince Devitt/Kota Ibushi match appealed to me too. Other than seeing Great Muta again and Lance Archer doing a fucking amazing choke-slam on Anderson or DOC, nothing else stood out.

I've heard rumours that they are going to have English commentary soon, so if they do, I'll definitely go for that.

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:25 pm

Punchy wrote:I finally got around to watching NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 8 at the weekend, and I enjoyed it, but I wasn't blown away. There were some great entrances, but I think I kind of need English commentary to really appreciate it, if only to know what the story behind the matches are.

Because I had no commentary, I was either totally enraptured by a match, or my mind wandered, it's not like with english-language stuff where I pretty much maintain the same level of attention.

My favourite match was Hirooki Goto Vs Katsuyori Shibata, a) because it was a good match and really hard-hitting, and b) they aired a pre-match video package that, albeit in Japanese, told me enough of the story, that these guys are childhood friends turned rivals and that made me care. For the rest of the matches, I didn't really know why anyone was fighting, except because they want a Title.

I also enjoyed the Okada/Naito match, Okada is a bad-ass, and, probably because of all the American-style heel stable shenanigans, the Prince Devitt/Kota Ibushi match appealed to me too. Other than seeing Great Muta again and Lance Archer doing a fucking amazing choke-slam on Anderson or DOC, nothing else stood out.

I've heard rumours that they are going to have English commentary soon, so if they do, I'll definitely go for that.

Yeah i don't get what they are saying but there enthusiasm is great,

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:35 pm

Raw was pretty good. Brock has been taking some pretty great bumps for a guy his size. Can’t wait for him to smash Big Show’s stupid face.

Really liked the spot where Roman Reigns countered the Beautiful Disaster with his flying punch. They should redo it on Sunday and have him eliminate someone like Rey.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:40 pm

Punchy wrote:I finally got around to watching NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 8 at the weekend, and I enjoyed it, but I wasn't blown away. There were some great entrances, but I think I kind of need English commentary to really appreciate it, if only to know what the story behind the matches are.

My mind wanders if I watch a whole show so I tend to watch in parts. I don’t know what they’re saying but I really enjoy their commentary. Better than the bullshit on WWE, fucking Miz on Smackdown. :x :x :x They had this show in Spanish so I don’t know why they didn’t have it in English.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:45 pm

misac wrote:
My mind wanders if I watch a whole show so I tend to watch in parts. I don’t know what they’re saying but I really enjoy their commentary. Better than the bullshit on WWE, fucking Miz on Smackdown. :x :x :x They had this show in Spanish so I don’t know why they didn’t have it in English.

I thought Miz was alright on Smackdown actually :oops:

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:58 pm

misac wrote:

I don't know the numbers for Mexico, but Meltzer has reported that the numbers for American buyers of the shows are very, very low. But he says they're working on English-speaking broadcasters.

leave a comment with facebook