Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 118 posts

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Bianco » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:15 am

I kind of want this

- WWE Hall of Famer The Iron Sheik has released a new alarm clock app on iTunes for 99 cents. The Sheik said in a press release:

“If you don’t have the balls to pay $0.99 for this app, you are a no-good jabroni, piece of shit, low life and YOU CAN go fuck yourself FOREVER.”

More features will be added to the app over the next few months. According to the release, one of the alarms you can choose features Sheik saying the following line: “WAKE THE FUCK UP YOU NO GOOD JABRONI!”

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 212 posts

Postby misac » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:31 am

Lord Simian wrote:
I'm thinking he or Batista are the odds on favorites to win the Rumble.

I was leaning towards Punk or Batista. But now with Punk seemingly feuding with HHH I don’t have a second guess.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:33 am

syxxpakk wrote:It's been talked about for awhile. They had a sort of "Farewell Tour" on the indies, but they were expected to end up in NXT. That didn't pan out, I assume because of Davey Richards being Davey Richards. Dixie's a moron though. On one hand, it doesn't really matter if you spoil this surprise because literally nothing - including The Rock - will ever change how TNA functions and does business-wise. On the other, the idea that she thinks teasing this on Twitter is going to make even the slightest bit of difference tomorrow... Just dumb.

Too bad, I really wanted it to work out for them and WWE.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:46 am

Bianco wrote:I think (among other things) this is why they are failing. unless you are hardcore wrestling fan or an iwc follower you have no clue who these guys are or even care

TNA is trying to make these people happy while WWE is looking at the bigger fan base.

Looking at a Cena heel turn. If in TNA he would have turned long ago. Making wrestling fans happy but losing the bigger market.

WWE is smarter than that they're trying to appeal to a larger audience even get none wrestling fans to jump on

They’re really talented wrestlers, bringing them in is a good idea. Sure they’re unknown but it’s the same thing with Danielson and Punk. I hadn’t heard of Punk until he premiered on ECW.

I don’t think they’re trying to make the IWC happy. I mean, why start now? They’ve/we’ve been shitting on them for years for Hogan/Bischoff/etc. I think they finally saw how well it worked for WWE and had the idea to hire good wrestlers.

:smt102 :smt102

Damn you for making me defend TNA!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:48 am

Bianco wrote:I kind of want this

- WWE Hall of Famer The Iron Sheik has released a new alarm clock app on iTunes for 99 cents. The Sheik said in a press release:

“If you don’t have the balls to pay $0.99 for this app, you are a no-good jabroni, piece of shit, low life and YOU CAN go fuck yourself FOREVER.”

More features will be added to the app over the next few months. According to the release, one of the alarms you can choose features Sheik saying the following line: “WAKE THE FUCK UP YOU NO GOOD JABRONI!”

:lol:

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:59 am

misac wrote:
I was leaning towards Punk or Batista. But now with Punk seemingly feuding with HHH I don’t have a second guess.

It'll be any of Punk, Batista or Bryan I think.

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 118 posts

Postby Bianco » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:15 am

misac wrote:
They’re really talented wrestlers, bringing them in is a good idea. Sure they’re unknown but it’s the same thing with Danielson and Punk. I hadn’t heard of Punk until he premiered on ECW.

I don’t think they’re trying to make the IWC happy. I mean, why start now? They’ve/we’ve been shitting on them for years for Hogan/Bischoff/etc. I think they finally saw how well it worked for WWE and had the idea to hire good wrestlers.

:smt102 :smt102

Damn you for making me defend TNA!

Hehehe

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Bianco wrote:I think (among other things) this is why they are failing. unless you are hardcore wrestling fan or an iwc follower you have no clue who these guys are or even care

TNA is trying to make these people happy while WWE is looking at the bigger fan base.

Looking at a Cena heel turn. If in TNA he would have turned long ago. Making wrestling fans happy but losing the bigger market.

WWE is smarter than that they're trying to appeal to a larger audience even get none wrestling fans to jump on

TNA is failing because of poor management. Bringing in the Wolves is a fine decision. Who should they bring in? No one? More ex-WWE castoffs? The Rock wouldn't turn around business for TNA, so there's really nothing they can do. TNA has tried booking to the hardcores, to the general public, to everyone. They've tried booking old stars, building new ones... The problem has always been the same: creative.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 414 posts

Postby GHERU » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Roman Reign's kick on punks head from the floor was epic

RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 300 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:01 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
TNA is failing because of poor management. Bringing in the Wolves is a fine decision. Who should they bring in? No one? More ex-WWE castoffs? The Rock wouldn't turn around business for TNA, so there's really nothing they can do. TNA has tried booking to the hardcores, to the general public, to everyone. They've tried booking old stars, building new ones... The problem has always been the same: creative.

It is pretty disappointing they Mr #iwantwrestling is giving us more of the same. Granted stories now have more coherence but it still feels like the Russo era.

About the only thing TNA has surpassed WWE on story wise is how to manage the undercard.

Otherwise the quality is basically the same but with a smaller budget.

As for the Wolves, the only guaranteed way to get minuscule ratings boosts are to say 'hey smarks, we've got the American Wolves!!!'.

Would work a lot better than TNA's 500th mystery man/faction being unveiled.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 236 posts

Postby doombug » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:12 pm

Punchy wrote:
It'll be any of Punk, Batista or Bryan I think.

We still talking the Rumble? After the other night on Raw, no one but Bryan makes sense. :smt102

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 342 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:34 pm

doombug wrote:We still talking the Rumble? After the other night on Raw, no one but Bryan makes sense. :smt102

Batista makes perfect sense. He is a big roided out dude, custom made to give Vince a boner, and he's also friends with HHH.

That said, I think Bryan is still the Rumble Winner.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 236 posts

Postby doombug » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:22 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Batista makes perfect sense. He is a big roided out dude, custom made to give Vince a boner, and he's also friends with HHH.

That said, I think Bryan is still the Rumble Winner.

But we've had the Batista vs Lesnar rumors swirling for months now and HHH vs Punk is pretty much confirmed at this point.

I really hope they pull the trigger and have Bryan win the rumble and go on to win at Mania. The story basically writes itself.

I'd rather someone other than Orton has the title to face him though. :smt102

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:09 am

Lesnar is pretty much Undertaker-bound. Batista is likely opposite Orton.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 174 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:22 am

syxxpakk wrote:Lesnar is pretty much Undertaker-bound. Batista is likely opposite Orton.

Vince and HHH should already be feeling the money vanishing from their wallets with Batista-O***n as the main event for WM 30.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum