Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 952 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:43 pm

Wrestlers who still think of the fans as marks today, a decade and a half after Vince McMahon let the entire world in on the joke, are basically role playing as kayfabe era wrestlers.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

Star Lord
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 508 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Star Lord » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:45 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I know I probably irk some people with my general thoughts towards wrestling and I apologize for that. The way I look at is this: I am to wrestling as Zechs is to action figures. I don't think anyone would argue that I'm probably the most hardcore wrestling fan in this thread. I love wrestling, more than most. I have an insane DVD/tape collection, tons of action figures, tons of books, I subscribe to an actual dirtsheet, and in 2012 I watched at least one wrestling match every day for a year. I've driven 6+ hours to attend a live indy wrestling show. Wrestling consumes my household (and thank God my wife is OK with that) and it has since a young age. So sorry if I come off like a snobby know-it-all, but I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

I understand I am the same way with comic books and the related merchandise. If you walked into my house, you would swear to god you walked into a comic book shop.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 177 posts

Postby doombug » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:41 pm

I just find it funny that someone thinks it was Cody Rhodes, a guy who has no reason to say anything that said in that "letter"

a guy who since Battlegrounds has had an amazing push and is genuinely happy with his current status in the company. :lol:

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:57 pm

No one said they think that. I said it would be a good guess. I don't know who did it, but I can reasonably assess who didn't do it. And since whoever wrote that letter is defending the company, wouldn't it make sense that it was someone who is happy where he's at would write it? Thanks for arguing my point for me, doombug :wink:

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 152 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:34 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Randy Orton cut promo before his match with John Cena at last night’s WWE live event in Orlando and said a line that had many fans thinking he took a shot at CM Punk leaving. Orton said, “If at first you don’t succeed, quit.”

:lol:

(Insert mention that O***n went AWOL in the Marines twice here).

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:50 pm

So I've posed the "WHODUNNIT" question to THE BOARD, since it hadn't been done yet.

Favorite response: "Based on the arrogance, I'd say Rick Martel."

One guy suggest Rey Mysterio, which is a good possibility.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 255 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:53 pm

Rick "the model" Martel? :lol:

You think Rey is arrogant enough to refer to himself in third person?

Can't believe no one on the observer forums hadn't started a thread yet.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:55 pm

Thread turned into philosophical discussion regarding what constitutes life-changing events. THE BOARD.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 156 posts

Postby misac » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:27 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I wonder if we could use the poor grasp of the English language to determine who it is. I'm thinking not Cena, Bryan, Big Show, Triple H, or anyone else who seems at least somewhat intelligent. Ryback? Batista?

Depending on what he means by top star. :P I’d say Ziggler.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:37 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I know I probably irk some people with my general thoughts towards wrestling and I apologize for that. The way I look at is this: I am to wrestling as Zechs is to action figures. I don't think anyone would argue that I'm probably the most hardcore wrestling fan in this thread. I love wrestling, more than most. I have an insane DVD/tape collection, tons of action figures, tons of books, I subscribe to an actual dirtsheet, and in 2012 I watched at least one wrestling match every day for a year. I've driven 6+ hours to attend a live indy wrestling show. Wrestling consumes my household (and thank God my wife is OK with that) and it has since a young age. So sorry if I come off like a snobby know-it-all, but I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

You irked me the wrong way saying you’re like Zechs.

I don’t go to that extent but I can’t imagine myself not watching wrestling. Specifically WWE since it’s always on.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:23 pm

Hey Syxx, did you watch the Chikara thing? What happen?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:47 pm

misac wrote:Hey Syxx, did you watch the Chikara thing? What happen?

I watched it, I don't know much about or really like Chikara, so there's probably nuances I missed, but it went like this.

During the main event (Joe Pittman Vs Heidi Lovelace) all of the various villains that have been shutting down the Wrestling Is... shows interfered, beating the crap out of Pittman and Lovelace. Their ultimate leader was revealed to be Jimmy Jacobs from ROH. A bunch of Chikara good guys like Submission Squad, those ants and of course Icarus showed up to stop them, but they were outnumbered. That is until a bunch of Jacobs' various hooded goons revealed themselves to be Chikara villains, who teamed up with their former rivals to beat up the invaders. During the melee a bunch of people showed up in a Delorean, so apparently they time-traveled, which is dumb, and in the end, the villains were chased off and Icarus declared that Chikara would be back on May 25th. After this, the Chikara mainstays reverted back to their normal heel/face dynamic and had a 10-man tag.

The audio was terrible so it was hard to really hear anyone, but that's the basic gist.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:53 pm

If you think the time travel-thing is dumb, CHIKARA is not for you. And I mean that seriously. That's just the CHIKARA-dynamic.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:56 pm

syxxpakk wrote:If you think the time travel-thing is dumb, CHIKARA is not for you. And I mean that seriously. That's just the CHIKARA-dynamic.

I know it's not for me, I can't suspend my disbelief for stuff like that.

NPWD is worth watching though, Cabana/Gulak, Bennett/Hallowicked, Corvis/Dutt and Shynron/De Coronado were all really good matches. The main event was good too until the Chikara-story kicked in.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:08 pm

It's like comic book wrestling, really.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum