Wednesday, December 7, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Better than Bleeding Cool by that much."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:08 pm

It's like comic book wrestling, really.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:09 pm

Didn't CHIKARA book a multiverse crisis-type story? :lol:

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:15 pm

syxxpakk wrote:It's like comic book wrestling, really.

Yeah, but I can get that kind of story done better in comics.

I like my wrestling to try and make me forget it's fake.

Just personal preference I guess.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:41 pm

misac wrote:
You irked me the wrong way saying you’re like Zechs.

I don’t go to that extent but I can’t imagine myself not watching wrestling. Specifically WWE since it’s always on.

What? I dip into the action figure pool now and again. I cannot help it. I see a G.I. Joe or Transformer (Hasbro or 3P) and I have to get it.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:09 pm

Zechs wrote:
What? I dip into the action figure pool now and again. I cannot help it. I see a G.I. Joe or Transformer (Hasbro or 3P) and I have to get it.

Brother Zechs you are the Action Figure King.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:46 pm

WWE® SUPERSTAR JOHN CENA® BECOMES MOST-LIKED U.S. ATHLETE ON FACEBOOK

Stamford, Conn., February 7, 2014 – WWE Superstar John Cena passed Kobe Bryant to become the most-liked active U.S. athlete on Facebook with more than 18.6 million followers.

Cena is the No. 7 most-followed athlete in the world on Facebook and has more followers than Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Roger Federer. Cena also has more Facebook followers than Kevin Durant, Michael Phelps and Tony Hawk COMBINED.

WWE has eclipsed 260 million fans through its global social media networks, further cementing its position as one of the most followed brands in the world. Currently, WWE has more than 172 million Facebook fans and 82 million Twitter followers across all of its networks. WWE’s network of Facebook pages has more followers than the NFL and its 32 teams’ pages combined.

Last week, WWE announced that the WWE App has surpassed 10 million downloads in 220 countries since it launched in August 2012. WWE App will be a key component in the delivery of WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 streaming network that launches on Monday, February 24. Over the past year, the WWE App has been downloaded more than 6 million times with more than 500,000 fans experiencing its second screen capabilities every week during Monday Night Raw®.

Translation - No heel turn for a little bit, and of course more titles for Cena

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:02 am

Another WWE guy rants on Punk:

This week's CM Punk rant from another WWE employee: "Honestly, Punk is being a little bitch. I liked him so much before his run leading to and after that Money in the Bank in Chicago. He's a guy where you have to be really in his circle for him to I guess open up, which I understand, but being put in a feud with Kane and then with HHH at Mania is not a bad thing. Now I understand he feels this is his last Mania and he wants to main event and really, with the right storyline, that match could main event, but literally after the Tribute to the Troops incident he's just been difficult. There are so many there that want his spot, that want to say, 'I need a weekend off to go to UFC.' I really and fully believe he's a little jealous of the crowd reactions to Bryan and it's getting to him—He's just been such a dick lately. That interview with Ariel, he acted like he was the victim at the Troops taping when Michelle was just joking. Little bitch AJ took it to the wrong level. Do you really think AJ would have a 'pipe bomb' interview time or longest Diva champ BS if she wasn't dating Punk? Punk really doesn't want to be the face of the company. That's BS. I hate hearing that shit. He says he does but this isn't ROH or OVW. He would bitch so much if he had to do Michael & Kelly at 9 a.m., then fly to a different state (for Raw), do a Make-A-Wish at 1 p.m. and then RAW, then do SmackDown, then do something Wednesday to fly home Thursday to be on the road Friday or Saturday. No way he could handle that for four months. He may come back as soon as Monday or he may never come back, but if never comes back he better remember how many fans he's fucking over right now, the same way he believes the WWE is fucking him over. And I'm not defending Vince or HHH. Especially HHH, because people are seeing that HHH taking over isn't as cool as they thought it would be. Outlaws, Nash, X-Pac, Flair, HBK, Batista—yeah must be nice to be HHH friends."

The_Phenomenal_Sage

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby The_Phenomenal_Sage » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:05 am

syxxpakk wrote:Another WWE guy rants on Punk:

once again I can't wait for the WWE Network, I will go back and see a better time in Wrestling.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:06 am

Punchy wrote:
Yeah, but I can get that kind of story done better in comics.

I like my wrestling to try and make me forget it's fake.

Just personal preference I guess.

Maybe the story is as good as a comic if you’d been following everything.

I don’t follow Chikara but I like to hear about the crazy stuff they do. It’s like with comics, I have different expectations with DC than I have with Marvel. Same with wrestling, Chikara having a time travel story makes perfect sense.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:09 am

syxxpakk wrote:Another WWE guy rants on Punk:

I was going to half jokingly say he was butthurt at the crowd highjacking the show that wasn’t his hometown and the fact that he got to legit main event PPVs. :P

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:41 pm

There are so many there that want his spot

Well good, if so many people want his spot then I have heard that there is currently an opening. :smt102 :P

Instead of waiting it out and taking up space for the next few months, which I am sure that these guys would have bitched about as well, Punk went home and now his spot is vacant. It's funny that all of these other guys have been so vocal about this situation and trashing Punk, while Punk himself hasn't said anything since it became news.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:16 pm

Went to the WWE house show in Oakland last night. Highlights of the night were Mark Henry and Xavier Woods vs. The Real Americans. Zeb Coulter really whipped the crowd (heavy hispanic population there) into a frenzy, pointing out people in the crowd who he thought were illegal immigrants and all that. Xavier Woods did a terrific Ricky Morton impersonation for the entire match. Henry had like 30 seconds in the ring but was massively over. Afterward, Woods made Henry dance with him in the ring. Those two have way more charisma than Woods and R-Truth do. Oh, Swagger got pinned, of course.

Alberto Del Rio was also fantastic, tons of Charisma. Came out, getting massive boos. Said something in spanish, massive cheers. Then talked a bunch of shit to the crowd, and back to massive boos. He was so good that he had his opponent, The Miz, extremely over as a face.

Orton vs. Cena in a cage was the main event. Cena lost, my son started crying like it was the end of the world, to the amusement of everyone in our section. Orton came back in the cage with a steel chair though and Cena AAed him, of course, which raised my son's spirits.

There were some loud smarks right behind me, and they kept yelling stuff out that would have been clever in 1997. Smarks: everyone is in on it now. Give it a rest.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:43 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Went to the WWE house show in Oakland last night. Highlights of the night were Mark Henry and Xavier Woods vs. The Real Americans. Zeb Coulter really whipped the crowd (heavy hispanic population there) into a frenzy, pointing out people in the crowd who he thought were illegal immigrants and all that. Xavier Woods did a terrific Ricky Morton impersonation for the entire match. Henry had like 30 seconds in the ring but was massively over. Afterward, Woods made Henry dance with him in the ring. Those two have way more charisma than Woods and R-Truth do. Oh, Swagger got pinned, of course.

Alberto Del Rio was also fantastic, tons of Charisma. Came out, getting massive boos. Said something in spanish, massive cheers. Then talked a bunch of shit to the crowd, and back to massive boos. He was so good that he had his opponent, The Miz, extremely over as a face.

Orton vs. Cena in a cage was the main event. Cena lost, my son started crying like it was the end of the world, to the amusement of everyone in our section. Orton came back in the cage with a steel chair though and Cena AAed him, of course, which raised my son's spirits.

There were some loud smarks right behind me, and they kept yelling stuff out that would have been clever in 1997. Smarks: everyone is in on it now. Give it a rest.

Good to see I'm not the only person who loves Del Rio.

He's too good for the stories WWE put him in.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:45 pm

Punchy wrote:
Good to see I'm not the only person who loves Del Rio.

He's too good for the stories WWE put him in.

He's great.

I've been a fan of his since his days in Mexico as Dos Caras Jr.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:48 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
He's great.

I've been a fan of his since his days in Mexico as Dos Caras Jr.

There have been rumours that he's going to leave WWE when his contract runs out, which would be a damn shame.

leave a comment with facebook