Friday, December 9, 2016 • Evening Edition • "For when you've got nowhere else to go."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:08 pm

Punchy wrote:http://niamsuggitt.tumblr.com/post/76318972157/tidal-international-pro-wrestling-wipe-out-2014-live

Hey guys, I went to another UK Indie show on Sunday, read my review or FACE THE WRATH OF THE BIG GUY.

Sounds like you enjoyed it. :)

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:39 pm

Alberto Del Rio is boring.

But WWE needs some more top level heels. They also need to make Ziggler a main eventer.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:35 pm

Ziggler is a good wrestler and all that and he has charisma, but his presence screams midcard. I don't think people would buy him as a legitimate main event contender. He's kind of a wimp. Stranger things have happened I guess.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:41 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Ziggler is a good wrestler and all that and he has charisma, but his presence screams midcard. I don't think people would buy him as a legitimate main event contender. He's kind of a wimp. Stranger things have happened I guess.

Bob Backlund became a main eventer despite having an even wimpier look.

It was a different era of course, but still.

Frag

Postby Frag » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:55 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Ziggler is a good wrestler and all that and he has charisma, but his presence screams midcard. I don't think people would buy him as a legitimate main event contender. He's kind of a wimp. Stranger things have happened I guess.

He could be like Shawn Michaels.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:46 pm

There remains mixed feelings within the company regarding Punk’s status. Virtually nobody agrees with him when it comes to walking out 30 minutes before a live TV shoot. Many have sympathy for some of his concerns but they argue that Punk was legitimately the #2 guy in the company for a while. On a related note, it’s acknowledged that Punk was very popular but the belief is that he was not a ticket seller to live events and only on occasion was he a difference maker in pay-per-view business. At the same time, Punk was the #2 merchandise seller.

http://www.prowrestling.com/wwe-trying- ... punk-more/

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:16 am

Stephen Day wrote:
Bob Backlund became a main eventer despite having an even wimpier look.

It was a different era of course, but still.

It's not just his look, it's his presence. I can't buy him beating up a big dude like Batista or Triple H or Cena or even Orton. It's not believable.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:18 am

Frag wrote:
He could be like Shawn Michaels.

Michaels had swagger. Ziggler tries to, but comes off as a clown.

I'm not saying he doesn't have talent, but he'd make a better Jeff Hardy (who people also said was the next Shawn Michaels) than a Shawn Michaels.

And Daniel Bryan is the next Shawn Michaels. :P

Frag

Postby Frag » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:41 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Michaels had swagger. Ziggler tries to, but comes off as a clown.

I'm not saying he doesn't have talent, but he'd make a better Jeff Hardy (who people also said was the next Shawn Michaels) than a Shawn Michaels.

And Daniel Bryan is the next Shawn Michaels. :P

Being Jeff Hardy would still give him the championship belt.

I think what Ziggler can do is be a really good heel and he takes amazing bumps. I think he would definitely be the cheating heel type who can't win cleanly, but I think he could succeed.

But first he needs to win as a face because the fans love him,

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:32 am

Frag wrote:
Being Jeff Hardy would still give him the championship belt.

I think what Ziggler can do is be a really good heel and he takes amazing bumps. I think he would definitely be the cheating heel type who can't win cleanly, but I think he could succeed.

But first he needs to win as a face because the fans love him,

I agree, i think if he keeps up the positive attitude and grinds through this "burial" or whatever you want to call it, he will come up a top star, as for Jeff Hardy, according to the latest TNA vignettes he doesn't even want to be Jeff Hardy. :D

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:06 am

http://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/trendi ... 54702.html

It's interesting how non iwc people see Cena, i was reading a few of the comments looking for the Cena hate but mostly positive, which is refreshing to read

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:14 am

Dolph Ziggler is unfortunate because in promos he's better as a heel, but his best in-ring quality, his bumping, doesn't work for heels.

His best role is as a heel you secretly like (which is what he was before his concussion) but that's a difficult role to pull off.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:02 pm

What the......Jeff Hardy's bringing his Willow the Wisp indy gimmick to TNA.

I don't get it. Not only is it way too outlandish for modern wrestling, but Jeff Hardy sells...who the fuck is Willow? I more think of the Marvel character when i hear it instead of Hardy.

T.S.S.-72

Rain Partier

Postby T.S.S.-72 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:33 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:What the......Jeff Hardy's bringing his Willow the Wisp indy gimmick to TNA.

I don't get it. Not only is it way too outlandish for modern wrestling, but Jeff Hardy sells...who the fuck is Willow? I more think of the Marvel character when i hear it instead of Hardy.

Well I guess since Sting is leaving they need a Single named black and white face painted character to take his place.

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:18 am

decent smackdown tonight, the main event was enjoyable

leave a comment with facebook