Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 75 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Punchy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:31 pm

John Cena was on Stone Cold's podcast today, very interesting interview, Cena seems like a cool dude.

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 209 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:02 pm

Jim Ross's podcast, the Ross Report, starts tomorrow. Jericho and Stone Cold will be on it 8)

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:31 pm

The 2014 Elimination Chamber pay-per-view will not be available on the WWE Network when it launches. WWE told James Caldwell of PWTorch.com that Sunday's event will not be available on the network until 30 days after it airs.

Powell's POV: In other words, if you were thinking about trying to save $55 by simply watching the show when the network launches on Monday, you need to come up with a new plan.

back to streaming illegally it is then

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:37 pm

No confirmation, but the word going around is that Viscera/Mabel has died of a heart attack.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 126 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:41 pm

WWE is shopping two of its most popular wrestling programs – ”Raw” and “Smackdown” – to other networks after NBCUniversal has allowed its contract for the shows to expire over the weekend.

“WWE’s exclusive negotiating period with NBCU for our flagship television programs, ‘Raw’ and ‘Smackdown,’ has now expired,” WWE said in a statement to TheWrap.

“While we were unable to reach an agreement with NBCU during this period, we have certainly appreciated our long and productive partnership,” the company continued. “With year-round, live programming that is highly coveted by programmers, distributors and advertisers, we are extremely excited about our future. We look forward to engaging with potential partners who recognize the value of having the No. 1 show on cable and live content delivered 52 weeks a year.”

Even though NBCUniversal’s exclusive negotiation window has closed, that does not mean that both shows will definitely be moving to new networks. Should a competing offer come in, NBCUniversal has the right to match it.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/wwe-raw-smackdown-poised-switch-tv-networks-232521238.html

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 88 posts

Postby Bianco » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:41 pm

syxxpakk wrote:No confirmation, but the word going around is that Viscera/Mabel has died of a heart attack.

Sad if it's true, all the best to him regardless.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:42 pm

His agent is confirming via FB and Twitter.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:44 pm

I hope they can come together, i think it's the best place for them, they did ok with spike tv but Vince might be taking a chance leaving NBCU.

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:55 am

syxxpakk wrote:His agent is confirming via FB and Twitter.

so did Tommy Dreamer,

R.I.P.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 102 posts

Postby misac » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:20 am

Punchy wrote:John Cena was on Stone Cold's podcast today, very interesting interview, Cena seems like a cool dude.

That’s the problem, to me that doesn’t translate to his character on tv.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:21 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Jim Ross's podcast, the Ross Report, starts tomorrow. Jericho and Stone Cold will be on it 8)

I’m curious, when he was on the Observer podcast he was really dry. :D

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:23 am

fieldy snuts wrote:The 2014 Elimination Chamber pay-per-view will not be available on the WWE Network when it launches. WWE told James Caldwell of PWTorch.com that Sunday's event will not be available on the network until 30 days after it airs.

Powell's POV: In other words, if you were thinking about trying to save $55 by simply watching the show when the network launches on Monday, you need to come up with a new plan.

back to streaming illegally it is then

Not too bad of a wait. Just hope Shield vs Wyatt’s deliver.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:24 am

syxxpakk wrote:His agent is confirming via FB and Twitter.

:-(

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 126 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:49 pm

Bianco wrote:
I hope they can come together, i think it's the best place for them, they did ok with spike tv but Vince might be taking a chance leaving NBCU.

True. USA probably thinks it could make more money airing original programming or NCIS and Modern Family reruns on Mondays. (Emphasis on "make money," not "get higher ratings")

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Remember Joey Ryan? He unloaded on twitter about WWE :lol:

- “At WWE camp, Bill DeMott said nobody on indies is as good as NXT guys. I’d LOVE to debate Bill DeMott on what he thinks ‘good wrestling’ is.”

- “Another thing Bill DeMott said at the WWE camp is that ‘WWE retrained Daniel Bryan or he wouldn’t be as good as he is today.’”

- “Trying to get WWE job in 2010, John Laurinaitis told me ‘I have enough 5’9″ guys. I can’t make money with Daniel Bryan, how can I with you?’”

- “Candice Michelle went to PWG in 2008 & raved about me to John Laurinaitis. When I saw him, he said ‘What does a Diva know about wrestling?’”

- “‘Don’t wrestle the way John Cena does. Wrestle the way that I teach you.’ – Bill DeMott at WWE camp.”

He also posted a screenshot of his email reply to WWE’s Senior Director of Talent Development (likely former beach volleyball player Canyon Ceman), who said he was too experienced.

Ryan wrote: “I respect your opinion but I could not disagree more with it. My talents and abilities allow me to travel the world and make a full-time living in professional wrestling, which is not something that most WWE Superstars could do on their own. You have coaches in place that have never drawn a dime in their careers trying to determine who and who cannot draw money which is the true flaw in your system. I have had far more successful names in wrestling, some within WWE itself, rave about my creativeness, character acting and ability to engage an audience and your evaluators missed it. Perhaps it’s time for you to reevaluate your evaluators. Good luck in finding your next big superstar.”

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum