Saturday, December 3, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Blacklisted since 2012."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:19 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
That's from the mid-2000s, maybe 2005? From his feud with the Dudleys. Waaaaay off there, Zechs.

What? How am I way off? He made the Deadman return against Kane during WM 27? It wasn't long after that the feud with Heyman started hence the Dudleys getting involved. Or are we talking about another feud he had with Kane?

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:24 pm

You're talking about something completely different. Undertaker returned in 2004 (WMXX) to fight Kane (itself a result of Kane helping Vince beat Undertaker in a Buried Alive match at the previous Survivor Series). That year (it turns out) he was in the Dudley feud. The most recent Kane feud would be after WM26. The Kane/Undertaker-stuff wasn't even tied up with Undertaker/Dudleys I don't think. Basically what you've done is mixed up to two Taker/Kane programs.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:24 pm

Watching Undertaker vs. HBK at WM 25 on the Network. I don't know that I would have watched this ever again or at least for a long time if not for the Network. So points for a channel streaming live constantly.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:26 am

Grayson wrote:Even though I can easily say that CM Punk is hands down my favorite wrestler in the business today, I've got to say that personally I wouldn't be happy if he disappeared for a month, came back, and was placed in the World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestlemania over Daniel Bryan. Even though I have no problem with the way that CM Punk left, he has still be gone for a month. Whether it's a month or 4 years, CM Punk returning on RAW and being added to the title match would be no different than Batista returning and getting the shot. The natural progression of Daniel Bryan's story over the past year should end at Wrestlemania XXX with DB standing victorious with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship held high and the Superdome chanting "YES!" in unison. He already should have fought Triple H and won at the Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber. Having Daniel Bryan only fight Triple H at Wrestlemania is simply a way for the WWE to say "We're sorry kid, we know it makes more sense for you to be in this match but Batista, the guy who talked shit on you when you won your first World Championship, is coming back and he's Triple H's buddy, so we're going to go with him now."

Ok, I thought about this all weekend and I would like to say that I jumped the gun a little bit and was prematurely harsh on the idea of CM Punk returning and taking the third spot in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestlemania. Comparing it to Batista returning and just being handed a title shot at Wrestlemania was absolutely ridiculous and insulting to Punk. With the exception of the time off he took after Wrestlemania, Punk has been there all year and he has worked some extremely difficult matches including his match with Brock Lesnar at Summerslam, a 3-on-1 handicap match with the Shield at TLC, and surviving for almost 50 minutes in the Royal Rumble. Even though I don't think that it would make as much sense as adding Daniel Bryan to the title match, CM Punk would be a welcome addition to what would otherwise be a very stale match at such an important Wrestlemania for the WWE, especially if the powers that be are hellbent at keeping Bryan out of the title scene by giving him the consolation prize of a match with Triple H.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Grayson wrote:
Ok, I thought about this all weekend and I would like to say that I jumped the gun a little bit and was prematurely harsh on the idea of CM Punk returning and taking the third spot in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestlemania. Comparing it to Batista returning and just being handed a title shot at Wrestlemania was absolutely ridiculous and insulting to Punk. With the exception of the time off he took after Wrestlemania, Punk has been there all year and he has worked some extremely difficult matches including his match with Brock Lesnar at Summerslam, a 3-on-1 handicap match with the Shield at TLC, and surviving for almost 50 minutes in the Royal Rumble. Even though I don't think that it would make as much sense as adding Daniel Bryan to the title match, CM Punk would be a welcome addition to what would otherwise be a very stale match at such an important Wrestlemania for the WWE, especially if the powers that be are hellbent at keeping Bryan out of the title scene by giving him the consolation prize of a match with Triple H.

Yeah Punk being put in the match makes it somewhat more watchable given fans can now "root" for someone then boo the original two participants. Plus it'll give time for Batista to be in a corner for ten minutes to collect his breath.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:33 pm

It makes more sense for CM Punk to be in the main event than Daniel Bryan. The story for Bryan has always been that he got the title or really close to getting it but someone always took it away from him (Triple H). He needs to get revenge from the person blocking his path first before he can go after the title.

I'm not concerned about Bryan's chance of main-eventing Wrestlemania either. He's very popular and is quite dedicated to wrestling while there are rumors Punk may retire in the near future. Next Wrestlemania is Bryan's to main-event at.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:42 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:It makes more sense for CM Punk to be in the main event than Daniel Bryan. The story for Bryan has always been that he got the title or really close to getting it but someone always took it away from him (Triple H). He needs to get revenge from the person blocking his path first before he can go after the title.

I'm not concerned about Bryan's chance of main-eventing Wrestlemania either. He's very popular and is quite dedicated to wrestling while there are rumors Punk may retire in the near future. Next Wrestlemania is Bryan's to main-event at.

That's what we said based on how the crowd reacted to Sheamus pinning him in 10 seconds 2 years ago :P

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:53 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
That's what we said based on how the crowd reacted to Sheamus pinning him in 10 seconds 2 years ago :P

Yeah, but using the Punk analogy, that was his Pipebomb moment, his singular moment that launched him to the top. That was the start from going from a good, solid worker to who he is now and everyone brings it up every time he gets close to a title.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:06 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:It makes more sense for CM Punk to be in the main event than Daniel Bryan. The story for Bryan has always been that he got the title or really close to getting it but someone always took it away from him (Triple H). He needs to get revenge from the person blocking his path first before he can go after the title.

I'm sure that this is the way that the powers that be at the WWE are looking at it and want us to look at it but really Daniel Bryan should have already fought Triple H by now and earned his spot in the title match at Wrestlemania. In fact, I am sure that if Batista wouldn't have returned that would have been the plan all along. As it stands, Daniel Bryan could win his match against Triple H and end their feud at Wrestlemania which would theoretically allow him to go on to have an uninterrupted match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship but it just wouldn't mean as much if it would happen at a PPV like Extreme Rules or Payback unless the WWE intends to string the fans along for another full year before giving them the resolution that they have been asking for. At this stage, Daniel Bryan and his fans deserve to capture that Wrestlemania moment and I couldn't think of a better time to capitalize than the here and now.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:17 pm

Bryan vs HHH should be a RAW main event to give him his Mania spot.

I know some people here would say "why give that match away on TV when it can be a PPV match", but this is the Road to Wrestlemania when they're supposed to be pulling out all the stops.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:29 pm

WWE.com just announced that Daniel Bryan will face Batista tonight on RAW.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:50 pm

- Watching the RAW Pre-Show. CM Punk chants have already started. Really counting on the fans making tonight's show an extraordinary experience. #hijackRAW

- Just around the halfway mark and they have not only acknowledged the CM Punk chants but they have also mentioned his absence since the Royal Rumble.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:11 pm

True and the chase is always more exciting then the aftermath. It'd been nice to see WWE have ended it here but I agree.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:20 pm

crowds shitting hard on this mixed tag match :lol:

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:10 pm

I love Chicago crowds.

leave a comment with facebook