Sunday, May 1, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Now part of a nutrituous breakfast!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:09 pm

I just watched this week's ROH TV. Hansen vs Thomaso Chiampa for the TV Title was a really good match. I enjoyed Chris Hero vs Adam Cole for the World title. Of the two title matches broadcast, I think I enjoyed the TV Title match more. Both were still really good though.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:54 pm

Hanson (and Kongo) has that Necro Butcher/Homicide-quality of being so far away from the ROH-norm. It makes him stand out that much more. Hate his finish, though.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:11 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Hanson (and Kongo) has that Necro Butcher/Homicide-quality of being so far away from the ROH-norm. It makes him stand out that much more. Hate his finish, though.


That's one of the reason why I like both Hanson and Kongo. Variety is the spice of life and you don't want any promotion you're watching to become too generic. Wrestlers that look different help in breaking up the slide toward the generic.

I agree with you about his finish.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:17 pm

Raymond Rowe is the exact opposite. So generic and bland, awesome finish.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:11 pm

Davey richards on ROH:

How bad was the breakup with Ring of Honor? "We’re not talking. We’re not on good terms. I have no respect for them whatsoever. I strongly dislike management there like with the exception of Jeff Jones who is a great guy. But the booker (Hunter Johnson) is completely inadequate at his job and he got his job more for being spineless than being talented. And the owner (Joe Koff) is even worse, he could care less about wrestling. He just wants to do television. To me, it’s just not something I agree with but I’m not there anymore and they do their own thing. And for the talent and the fans I wish them nothing but the best of luck."
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:44 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Davey richards on ROH:

How bad was the breakup with Ring of Honor? "We’re not talking. We’re not on good terms. I have no respect for them whatsoever. I strongly dislike management there like with the exception of Jeff Jones who is a great guy. But the booker (Hunter Johnson) is completely inadequate at his job and he got his job more for being spineless than being talented. And the owner (Joe Koff) is even worse, he could care less about wrestling. He just wants to do television. To me, it’s just not something I agree with but I’m not there anymore and they do their own thing. And for the talent and the fans I wish them nothing but the best of luck."


That's too bad.

I'd love to see Richards back in ROH, but I guess it's going to be awhile before that happens.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Give it time and Davey will burn his TNA bridge.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:19 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Give it time and Davey will burn his TNA bridge.


I'm waiting for him to do another Paul London-style double stomp. He's been pretty hard hitting so far.

Here's the full interview BTW:
http://www.newsday.com/sports/pro-wrest ... -1.7327689
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:25 pm

Lockdown is today, who do you think will be champ going forward: Samoa Joe or Magnus?

Logically I think Joe's firmly established himself as a fan fave these past 2 months and whatever happens today he deserves a title reign. Magnus.....if he wins in yet another mass runout confusion finish it'll just further devalue his reign...only way it can work for him is to put on a solid match and to manage an equally strong finish as he's got a lot more to prove than Joe.

So....I think they'll go forward with an MVP win for the 'control' storyline while Magnus prevails this month. I just hope the pull the trigger on Joe though and line him up as a champ ASAP. You've got to strike while the iron is hot.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:33 pm

Striking while the Joe-iron is hot has never been TNA's strong point.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:49 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Striking while the Joe-iron is hot has never been TNA's strong point.


it was when he debuted. but then again that was 8 years ago or so :lol:
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:55 pm

Remember the constant title-match losses?
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:02 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Remember the constant title-match losses?



I also remember that BFG series where he finished with -7 points :lol:
User avatar

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:05 pm

Lockdown

Bad Influence and Sabin v Sanada, Nakanoue and The Great Muta
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:05 pm

Wonder if Muta will come out with his cane.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Earth-2 NoctourneM, FaceBook [Linkcheck], GiveWarAChance, holtom2000, Keb, LobsterJ, Mister Babadook, MSNbot Media, Sarahroo, sdsichero, TheLurker and 52 guests