Saturday, July 21, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Where keepin' it real goes wrong."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue May 13, 2014 8:21 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

I was responding to Doomie post about Sandow. Bryan... well, I'll wait to see what Al Isaacs has to say.

That's what I was thinking.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Tue May 13, 2014 9:45 pm

Agent of the Bat wrote:I was watching the first Clash of Champions this morning for the WWE Network Review thread, and I can't help but think how similar John Cena's style and pace of wrestling a match is very much like what Sting was doing back early in his career.

I realized how much I enjoyed watching matches for the secondary titles, the WWF only really had the IC belt which was more fun then the World belt as times, but NWA had U.S. Tag titles, Western States, TV Title, U.S. Title (& others I forget). Those matches always intrigued me more than the big belt matches. Of course at the time the NWA had a ton of territories and wrestlers and could hold interesting feuds for all those belts. I miss those days

Turd Crapley

Rain Partier

Postby Turd Crapley » Wed May 14, 2014 5:52 am

Actually watched the first and second Royal Rumbles with Connor last night, he was so excited watching them it was so much fun. I noticed watching Mr. Perfect that Dolph Ziggler is almost like a clone of Curt Hennig. The way that he sells moves, his mannerisms, almost everything about his style is eerily similar to what Hennig was doing back then.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed May 14, 2014 8:07 am

Agent of the Bat wrote:Actually watched the first and second Royal Rumbles with Connor last night, he was so excited watching them it was so much fun. I noticed watching Mr. Perfect that Dolph Ziggler is almost like a clone of Curt Hennig. The way that he sells moves, his mannerisms, almost everything about his style is eerily similar to what Hennig was doing back then.

The first few rumble matches were great you really didn't know the outcome. It lost something after they changed it.

Dolph is the love child of hbk & Henning lol. Of course perfect was the one who coined "heart break kid" I think Shawn took/learn a lot from perfect

Turd Crapley

Rain Partier

Postby Turd Crapley » Wed May 14, 2014 10:33 am

Bianco wrote:
The first few rumble matches were great you really didn't know the outcome. It lost something after they changed it.

Dolph is the love child of hbk & Henning lol. Of course perfect was the one who coined "heart break kid" I think Shawn took/learn a lot from perfect

This is why I can't understand how poorly they use Ziggler, he is probably the most underused and wrongly used talent on the entire roster.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed May 14, 2014 10:40 am

Well...

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed May 14, 2014 10:50 am

syxxpakk wrote:Mickie James is rumored to be a HOF-contender for next year. I usually defend the Hall's weaker entrants (Koko B. Ware), but even I have no idea how this one works based on their admittedly low standards.

I don’t see a problem. Probably don’t want it to be all guys and she’s one of the biggest women wrestlers. :smt102

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed May 14, 2014 10:56 am

misac wrote:
I don’t see a problem. Probably don’t want it to be all guys and she’s one of the biggest women wrestlers. :smt102

She is the third best women's wrestler from that era the WWE actually used. I don't see a problem with it at all. Other than Molly Holly should get in too.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed May 14, 2014 12:15 pm

Being a good wrestler =/= HOF-worthy, even by WWEs low standards.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed May 14, 2014 12:25 pm

Bianco wrote:
I realized how much I enjoyed watching matches for the secondary titles, the WWF only really had the IC belt which was more fun then the World belt as times, but NWA had U.S. Tag titles, Western States, TV Title, U.S. Title (& others I forget). Those matches always intrigued me more than the big belt matches. Of course at the time the NWA had a ton of territories and wrestlers and could hold interesting feuds for all those belts. I miss those days

Back when titles meant something.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed May 14, 2014 2:19 pm

I wonder if Elizabeth will go in with Macho at some point? I assume that's why they are waiting

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed May 14, 2014 2:44 pm

Bianco wrote:I wonder if Elizabeth will go in with Macho at some point? I assume that's why they are waiting

They're waiting because Macho Man banged Stephanie back when she was underage and only Vince was allowed to bang her.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat May 17, 2014 7:42 pm

VInce Russo calls the 'turn' a wrestling myth:
http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/wrestlin ... hind-turn/

This little passage made me realise something though:
Once a character is established–-the fun comes when you can really start thinking about–-what they’re thinking about. What would–so and so–do if put in that situation. And, you can put any name in there if you want–-take John Cena for instance.

Now, the way Cena has been booked over the years, one would think that he would do the RIGHT THING no matter what the situation–that’s how he’s been built for well over a decade. NOW–-if Cena were put in this position, and he would have taken the advantage of this situation–-which would have been totally out of his character–-THAT WOULD BE A TURN!

So Spektre is really Vince Russo and a turn is when a characters continuity is totally ignored and something random is done causing them to be largely out of character.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat May 17, 2014 9:20 pm

Kind of glad I didn't order Bellator 120 tonight. Alvarez had to pull out because of a concussion, and now Chandler is fighting someone else for the interim title now. It was the only fight really putting down money for.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun May 18, 2014 6:08 am

Hey guys, check out my review of the WWE House show I went to on Friday:

http://niamsuggitt.tumblr.com/post/86096062455/wwe-live-review-leeds-first-direct-arena-16-05-14

And here are some more (blurry) photos:

http://niamsuggitt.tumblr.com/post/86096330400/more-pictures-of-wwe-live-in-leeds-i-am-bad-at

leave a comment with facebook