Sunday, September 23, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Putting the yellow back into journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:44 am

Grayson wrote:
...oh for fuck's sake. She's tapping out 5 seconds after the match starts while Vince stares directly into Hunter's eyes and says "You haven't replaced me yet, dammit!" from Gorilla, isn't she?

You can't say this type of scenario is not plausible, you know Vince likes to tear people down just to see how they react and if they tow the line

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:53 am

Bianco wrote:You can't say this type of scenario is not plausible, you know Vince likes to tear people down just to see how they react and if they tow the line

Vince needs a hobby.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:36 pm

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/201 ... ork-video/

Global Wrestling Network

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:43 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:The Shield is back!

Seemed like a waste not to use the music. Instead of their separate entrances I mean.

Imagine the exact same promos by Miz and Roman, up until Roman says "Who said anything about rumors?"

Sierra...Hotel...India...Echo...Lima...Delta...

Ambrose and Rollins come out together to flank Reigns.

It's miniscule changes, but the roof'd blow off.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Seemed like a waste not to use the music. Instead of their separate entrances I mean.

Imagine the exact same promos by Miz and Roman, up until Roman says "Who said anything about rumors?"

Sierra...Hotel...India...Echo...Lima...Delta...

Ambrose and Rollins come out together to flank Reigns.

It's miniscule changes, but the roof'd blow off.

100% this. I was more excited about their later appearance when they destroyed Braun Strowman than I was about their earlier appearance, for this one reason alone. Theme songs are a HUGE part of the atmosphere in professional wrestling. To not use their group theme was a serious mistake on the E's part.

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Kalisto the Champ!

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:40 pm

I understand that belts are nothing more than marketing tools now, but i wish they would go back to better looking ones. CW belt sucks as bad as the big red belt

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:36 pm

RAW was Monday night... :smt102

* I won't lie to you guys, I am excited that The Shield is back together but there was something missing from their initial reunion at the top of RAW. When Roman Reigns came out, we knew that Rollins and Ambrose weren't far behind. Instead of drawing it out and having them come out separately, The E should have just cut loose, and let them come through the crowd to their old music. As excited as the fans were, can you imagine how much more their reaction could have been if right in the middle of "The Mizzies" they would have heard "Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta. SHIELD?!"

* Speaking of "The Mizzies" everybody in the wrestling industry needs to take a good, hard look at Curtis Axel. To borrow a phrase from Chris Jericho, "Drink it in, man." Because Curtis Axel is a walking billboard for how NOT to spray tan yourself. :shock:

* Jason Jordan pulls off an upset victory over Karl Anderson, a 4-time IWGP Tag Team Champion, while his tag team partner is at ringside? :smt011 FFS, can we please just move Anderson and Gallows over the Smackdown?!

* So...Elias is still "feuding" with Titus Worldwide... :smt102

* I really hate the fact that there are certain truths to what Enzo Amore has been saying about the Cruiserweight Division over the last few weeks. Not just because Enzo is garbage but because the WWE allowed the Cruiserweight Division to get into this position in the first place. Furthermore...how does Enzo Amore, a guy that Kurt Angle doesn't even like, and who was routinely jobbing to anyone and everyone a few weeks ago, get to demand anything from the RAW General Manager?

* If being squashed by Braun Strowman doesn't break Matt Hardy, I'm not sure that anything will break him.

* I thoroughly enjoyed watching The Shield dismantle Braun Strowman.

* I continue to be disappointed with the program between Alexa Bliss and Mickie James, primarily because I know that both of these women are capable of so much more than simply attacking each other's age, especially since we know exactly who is feeding them these lines.

* I still don't know why Jack Gallagher is a heel. I really don't.

* I'm really not sure what was worse. Bray Wyatt pretending to be Sister Abigail or Finn Balor pretending to be concerned about it. I remember last year when the prospect of a feud between these two was an incredibly fun and intriguing concept. FFS, it's a truly sobering experience to realize just how badly the WWE has dropped the ball here.

* Whoever is fighting Asuka at TLC should lose. There is no reason for there to be a match on RAW to determine who that is going to be. Both brands rely too heavily upon Triple Threats, Fatal 4 and 5 Way, and Six-Pack challenges in the Women's Division. There doesn't need to be a match to appoint Emma, who is essentially a non-entity, to be the designated jobber to Asuka.

* The "main event" happened. You really had to know that something was up when The E didn't even attempt to give Amore custom plates on the Cruiserweight Championship when his entire gimmick right now revolves around how much he loves himself. I'm just not thrilled that the person to dethrone him is another person who has essentially been a non-entity when there are so many other guys in the division who have been busting their ass since the division's inception and deserve to have the opportunity.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:56 pm

Smackdown was marginally better than RAW this week. It wasn't great but it was tolerable in a single setting.

* Uce. Truce?! :lol: I've never shied away from sharing my opinions about how much I dislike The Usos but even I will admit that having them drop the facade, even for a few seconds, to show The New Day some respect after their hellacious match Sunday night, was a smart decision. Both teams continue to look strong, while opening the doors to the rest of the division.

* It was nice to see most of the rest of the Tag Team Division getting some much needed attention but The. Wrong. "Team". Won. The. Shot. At. The. Tag. Team. Titles. :smt102

* There is no denying just how over Breezango are at this point. Outside of the Tag Team Champions and my boys The New Day, you would be hard pressed to find a more over duo in the WWE. Conversely, there really is no point in dragging out the inevitable break up between the Hype Bros. any longer.

* Honestly, both divisions could really use a shake up right about now. :smt102

* Natalya used to have a farting gimmick. Not sure what exactly they are doing with her now but I'm also not sure that it's any better. :|

* Roughly 45 minutes in, we've had one match, and now we have to listen to Baron Corbin attempt to speak? I'm really starting to rethink my opening statement about Smackdown being better than RAW.

* How is Becky Lynch not in contention for the Smackdown Women's Championship?! :smt102

* Owens and Zayn are right and this crowd is dumb.

* It was good to see Shinsuke Nakamura getting a win over somebody after his baffling clean loss to Jinder Mahal at Hell in a Cell but what was the point of this match? Why was Nakamura arbitrarily thrown into it? Where was the WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

* Speaking of which, do you guys remember last year when AJ Styles was the WWE World Heavyweight Champion and Kevin Owens was the WWE Universal Champion and they both regularly appeared on their respective brand's weekly show and even periodically defended those titles on said shows? Man, those were good times. Good. Times. 8)

* Ziggler continues to be right and Bobby Roode desperately needs to turn heel.

* I don't care if it's putting him back into a position to move on to bigger and better things, there is NO version of this world in which AJ Styles should EVER lose cleanly to Baron freaking Corbin and his nasty skullet. :smt011

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:31 pm

My thoughts on NXT this week:

The opening three way women's match wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. It didn't seem like either Nikki Cross or Peyton Royce had their A game going.

I miss seeing Lio Rish in ROH. :-(

It sucks that he had to lose to the Velveteen Dream.

It was no surprise to see Danny Burch lose to Lars Sullivan. Not that I'm happy about that as I find Sullivan to be a very boring wrestler to watch.

The Street Profits match was fun for a quick Jobber match.

I liked the main event. I'm glad the NXT seems to be finally doing something with Andrade Alamas.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:33 pm

My thoughts on ROH's TV this week:

I was impressed with Scorpio Sky in the opening match. He looked really good against KUSHIDA. I was really enjoying the match until the run in by the Addiction.

The Bully Ray thing is weird to me. If the concussion is real then way highlight it the way ROH is? If it's just a story though, I'm not sure where ROH can go with it.

Cheesburger as the challenger for the ROH Title? That's something I never thought I'd see. I like Cheeseburger, but I'm not sure I like this. Cody Rhodes just giving away a title shot to Cheeseburger lessons the title in my opinion.

I will say that the match was fun for what it was though.

Sometimes I wonder just how Rhett Titus still has a job with ROH. :smt102

The main event between the Kingdom and Search and Destroy was alright.

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:03 pm

RAW

Shield reunion recap

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:04 pm

Coming from Portland, Oregon

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:04 pm