Friday, November 24, 2017 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Bianco

Expert Post Whore

Postby Bianco » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:Breaking News!!!

https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/wwe-tlc-2017-kurt-angle-aj-styles-replace-roman-reigns-bray-wyatt-due-to-illness/

A viral infection is sidelining Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns for TLC

Kurt Angle will replace Reigns in the Main Event. AJ Styles will wrestle against Finn Balor.

Bo Dallas is supposed to be the third wrestler who is ill.

Some sites say it's mumps or meningitis.

Its an interesting choice, while I'm excited for Angle & Finn vs AJ is far better, i hope this shows WWE officials that they can't put their eggs in one Roman basket & need to develop more stars.

Johnny Smith

Zombie Guard

Postby Johnny Smith » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:17 pm

It’s a Girl :)

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:49 pm

Both RAW and Smackdown were pretty much garbage this week. Luckily, I had a couple episode of New Japan Pro Wrestling on the old DVR, so I could cleanse the palate with Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito and Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada III from the G1 Climax.

* One thing I did notice, which I thought was incredibly strange, was the distinct lack of Bullet Club shirts in the crowd this week on RAW. I noticed a few in the crowd on Smackdown but there were virtually no Bullet Club shirts anywhere to been seen on Monday Night. That just doesn't seem right to me. :smt102

* The Shield coming out to their old music, in their old gear, through the crowd was pretty much the best thing that happened on RAW.

* Karl Anderson...ate a pin from...Apollo Crews...FFS. :smt011

* So for weeks, the ENTIRE Cruiserweight Division has been against Enzo Amore. Now...he appears to have formed a stable?!

* Kane...really? KANE?! This match was already going to be an overbooked clusterfuck but yeah, let's add Kane without any explanation or build. Should be a good idea, right? :smt102

* Zayn and Owens are golden but they need a direction ASAP.

* Baron Corbin eating a countout loss was exactly the same way that his "feud" with Kalisto started, wasn't it? FFS, who cares, why is this a thing?!

* All I wanted to say while Jinder Mahal was weaving his opulent tale of his trip to India was "That...didn't happen. None of that actually happened." But then, he topped it off by challenging Brock Lesnar and...honestly, I don't even know who they are booking for anymore. Nobody wants to see that match. They aren't even in the same league. Jinder can't beat Brock because that would ruin the build up toward the main event of Wrestlemania in which Roman Reigns is expected to FINALLY vanquish the Beast and Brock can't beat Jinder because that would ruin the already tarnished reputation of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. So...what is the point to this match that nobody wants to see?!

* AJ Styles on the other hand...can we please just put the belt on AJ now? Just give him the belt and then have him feud with Owens and/or Zayn.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:50 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:Image

It’s a Girl :)

Let's be real. The Miz is the real face of the WWE at the moment and has been for a long damn time. :smt102

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:50 pm

Grayson wrote:Both RAW and Smackdown were pretty much garbage this week. Luckily, I had a couple episode of New Japan Pro Wrestling on the old DVR, so I could cleanse the palate with Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito and Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada III from the G1 Climax.

:smt023

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:56 pm

I watched he New Japan card from today that featured Yuji Nagata vs Manabu Nakanishi in both wrestlers' 25th year in wrestling anniversary match. The overall card was good and the main event was fun, but skipable. It was basically what I expected from one of New Japan's lesser shows.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:57 am

My thoughts on NXT this week:

Sonya Deville is improving, but in the opening three way women's match Ruby Riot and Ember Moon are both clearly well ahead of her in development.

I'm starting to get into the Aleister Black vs Velveteen Dream feud. I didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me.

Is it just me or does Chris Hero seem to be going nowhere in NXT?

After their history in ROH it's kind of weird seeing Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole as teammates. the main event six man tag match with them and Bobby Fish vs. Sanity was good though -- at least until the run in by the Authors of Pain.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:00 am

My thoughts on ROH' TV this week:

Marty Scurll vs. Jay White was a really good opener.

Will Ferrara and Rhett Titus may be my least favourite tag team in ROH of all time. I also have to add that calling themselves the Dawgs just makes things worse. What a stupid team name. :smt011

The four man main event was fun. I'm not sure that Mark Briscoe was the right guy to win that match though.

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:34 am

Stephen Day wrote:My thoughts on ROH' TV this week:

Marty Scurll vs. Jay White was a really good opener.

Will Ferrara and Rhett Titus may be my least favourite tag team in ROH of all time. I also have to add that calling themselves the Dawgs just makes things worse. What a stupid team name. :smt011

The four man main event was fun. I'm not sure that Mark Briscoe was the right guy to win that match though.

Agreed about Briscoe, especialy with what I know from upcoming spoilers.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Enzo beat Kalisto.

Johnny Smith

Zombie Guard

Postby Johnny Smith » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:36 pm

GLX wrote:Enzo beat Kalisto.

Johnny Smith

Zombie Guard

Postby Johnny Smith » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Best match of the night is about to start